blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:18:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)  (Read 88502 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2014, 04:36:14 PM »

Ok then, why would Logan make such a thing up?

Tonev was such a terrible witness, it seems that he incriminated himself, rather than helped himself.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2014, 04:40:11 PM »

As for biton, there's no room for politics in football.

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2014, 04:52:51 PM »

Would Logan make it up tho? I just can't see he would.

That's not the point.  I don't no either so really couldn't say.  But to find someone guilty of such an offence I'd at least want to see some evidence or witness. 

But there are no witnesses. Therefore, wouldn't it be more reasonable to accept the word of the victim?

I'd say no.  If there are no witnesses there should be no charges.  Perhaps a quiet word with the player and it brought to his attention that should there be any further misdemeanours then it won't be looked upon favourably. 

Put this into context:

Ian Black Was Banned for 10 games for betting not only in games he wasn't involved in (against the rules in Scotland) but betting against his own team.  There was a body of evidence against him.

Duncan Ferguson who nutted Jock McStay got a 12 game ban alongside a spell in Bar.

I don't mean to pick out Rangers players but these are scenarios I remember were there was clear evidence of a breach in rules.

Jim Goodwin - 3 game band recently for an Elbow, he's also a serial offender.

A player at Berwick was banned for 6 games - Jack Hay - I think for a tweet he made again clear evidence. 

If there was evidence against Tonev as I have said I'd be the first to want him out and whilst we were at it I'd want that Zionist scumbag Biton removed as well. 

Leigh Griffiths - was filmed in a song which, imo had overtly racists undertones and would have been deserving of a ban. 

No rape trials, dont get seen lads....

There still has to be evidence, or at least corroboration in Scots Law and despite the fact that the SNP decided to remove this it will be back soon because Sturgeon knows it was a really silly move and just one of the few reasons Kenny MacAskill was bulleted.
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »

That's not the point.  I don't no either so really couldn't say.  But to find someone guilty of such an offence I'd at least want to see some evidence or witness.  

But there are no witnesses. Therefore, wouldn't it be more reasonable to accept the word of the victim?

I'd say no.  If there are no witnesses there should be no charges.  Perhaps a quiet word with the player and it brought to his attention that should there be any further misdemeanours then it won't be looked upon favourably.  

Put this into context:

Ian Black Was Banned for 10 games for betting not only in games he wasn't involved in (against the rules in Scotland) but betting against his own team.  There was a body of evidence against him.

Duncan Ferguson who nutted Jock McStay got a 12 game ban alongside a spell in Bar.

I don't mean to pick out Rangers players but these are scenarios I remember were there was clear evidence of a breach in rules.

A player at Berwick was banned for 6 games - Jack Hay - I think for a tweet he made again clear evidence.  

If there was evidence against Tonev as I have said I'd be the first to want him out and whilst we were at it I'd want that Zionist scumbag Biton removed as well.  

Leigh Griffiths - was filmed in a song which, imo had overtly racists undertones and would have been deserving of a ban.  

There still has to be evidence, or at least corroboration in Scots Law and despite the fact that the SNP decided to remove this it will be back soon because Sturgeon knows it was a really silly move and just one of the few reasons Kenny MacAskill was bulleted.

The point is a victims word should be taken to the point at least an investigation occurs in any process. Then theres the reasonable doubt, the only reasonable doubt in cases where someone in a football match claims to be racially abused, in the vast number of cases is that they misheard/misunderstood what was said. I cant imagine anyone would lie as everytime racism on the field rears its ugly head, the victim comes off worse off in terms of stress incurred. Theres nothing to gain for the victim, tonevs evidence was lol, easy case.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »

Hahaha ok. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2014, 05:08:35 PM »

Ok then, why would Logan make such a thing up?

Tonev was such a terrible witness, it seems that he incriminated himself, rather than helped himself.

I never said he did.   But you can't hand out 7 match bans on the basis one guys word against another. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2014, 05:11:19 PM »

That's not the point.  I don't no either so really couldn't say.  But to find someone guilty of such an offence I'd at least want to see some evidence or witness.  

I'd say no.  If there are no witnesses there should be no charges.  Perhaps a quiet word with the player and it brought to his attention that should there be any further misdemeanours then it won't be looked upon favourably.  

Put this into context:

Ian Black Was Banned for 10 games for betting not only in games he wasn't involved in (against the rules in Scotland) but betting against his own team.  There was a body of evidence against him.

The point is a victims word should be taken to the point at least an investigation occurs in any process. Then theres the reasonable doubt, the only reasonable doubt in cases where someone in a football match claims to be racially abused, in the vast number of cases is that they misheard/misunderstood what was said. I cant imagine anyone would lie as everytime racism on the field rears its ugly head, the victim comes off worse off in terms of stress incurred. Theres nothing to gain for the victim, tonevs evidence was lol, easy case.

I mostly agree, I am not saying Logan has lied, not at all.  But Neither do I think in the odds of probability that a guy should receive a 7 match man when there is no proof.   

What do you know about Tonev's evidence?
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »

Put this into context:

I mostly agree, I am not saying Logan has lied, not at all.  But Neither do I think in the odds of probability that a guy should receive a 7 match man when there is no proof.  

What do you know about Tonev's evidence?

Didnt he claim that he couldnt have said it because he didnt even know what c*** meant?

You  either decide he did say it or didnt for me, he offered no plausible alternative as to what logan heard, because he couldnt. There was no middle ground a la the terry case (I know he was guilty). I disagree that you cant find someone guilty based on one persons evidence being judged truthful over the others, they were there to weigh one case against the other and came out that one must be the truth.

It seems you are judging on technicality, do you truly believe that he didnt say it?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2014, 05:52:27 PM »

Hahaha ok. 

Why is that funny?

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2014, 06:10:43 PM »

Hahaha ok. 

Why is that funny?

Why is it not?  Politics plays a part in everything, especially in football.  Moreso in Scotland were we have seen more political policing of our fans than many other countries. 
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2014, 06:57:22 PM »

I saw a guy with a Palestinian flag celebrating when nir bitton scored earlier in the season.

How does that make sense? Or make political statements in football credible?

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2014, 07:10:14 PM »

I saw a guy with a Palestinian flag celebrating when nir bitton scored earlier in the season.

Guy was clearly an arsehole.   Waiving a Palestinian Flag is not a political statement indeed waiving any flag is hardly a political statement. 
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »

Guy was clearly an arsehole.   Waiving a Palestinian Flag is not a political statement indeed waiving any flag is hardly a political statement. 

But it's clearly waved for political reasons, unless he was just a Palestinian who happened to be in Perth that night, and wanted to catch a game. 😀

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »

But it's clearly waved for political reasons, unless he was just a Palestinian who happened to be in Perth that night, and wanted to catch a game. 😀

Or he was trying to be provocative?  Generally the ones that waive flags don't do much else.  Same as the 90 minute bigots.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2014, 01:06:56 PM »

Ashley tightens his grip at Ibrox - Llambias installed as new Chief Exec - Dennis Wise next please.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30545231
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: