blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:42:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton Calling.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton Calling.  (Read 115848 times)
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 16, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »

What date are you going Vegas again mate? Are you flying with Thomas Cook? If so, let me know how the on board entertainment/flight is please!

I'm away on June 5th, so not long now.

I imagine the on board entertainment will be standard for economy flights to the USA. A couple of films you're slightly interested in, a bunch of single episodes of TV series' and you'll spend more time just looking at the map and seeing how far you've got to go.

I have a feeling you're going to be bouncing off the walls on that plane.
IT5PAYDAY

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 20, 2016, 02:49:04 AM »

What date are you going Vegas again mate? Are you flying with Thomas Cook? If so, let me know how the on board entertainment/flight is please!

I'm away on June 5th, so not long now.

I imagine the on board entertainment will be standard for economy flights to the USA. A couple of films you're slightly interested in, a bunch of single episodes of TV series' and you'll spend more time just looking at the map and seeing how far you've got to go.

I have a feeling you're going to be bouncing off the walls on that plane.

Not from turbulence I hope.... But yeah your right man!
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 20, 2016, 02:42:42 PM »

Won the Dealer's Choice tournament in Genting Luton the other night.

Probably the last tournament I will ever play there, so it seems fitting to go out in a blaze of glory. Financially it wasn't a blaze - more of a smoldering ember like coals on a BBQ, but it's nice to put a full stop on the Luton part of the with a win.

Yeah it was listed as a 'beginners tournament', but I think there was one beginner there. Same Luton regulars with a shameless attitude with regards to value. If someone dropped a pound, we'd all claim it was ours.

---

The trick to dealer's choice is not to pick the game you're the best at, but to pick the game you think everyone else is the worst at. I'm almost always playing Super Lowball, because I find a lot of people are just far too happy to call a pot sized raise with any three cards under an 8. In a game where straights are bad, far too many (7-6)-4 starting hands about. Plus Super Lowball is the game to play when you need to YOLO some chips in the middle when you're short stacked. If you have a strong starting hand, it's not too uncommon to get a quadruple up from people who start (4-5)-3 who have to see 4th street.

6 Card Omaha is always fun when you have the best hand on the turn all in, but almost every card on the river loses the pot for you. Which is what happened one hand before break. I can't remember the 18 cards in play but we all had a combination of straight and flush draws and I lose.

Did manage a real 'get out of jail' situation at 1000/2000 when I had about 7bb and could pot all in in Super Lowball with (7-2)-A. Get two callers, and catch a J vs (x-x)A-4. One fold, and we catch perfect perfect perfect vs our unhappy opponent's straight, pair, picture.

Scoop a couple of big pots in Superstud and Omaha Hi Lo. Superstud we get it all in on 4th street with  (three diamonds )   vs what looked like just a random low hand, and we catch  Two Diamonds on 5th for a the lot.

Take a short stack out in 6PLO8 with  two spades and somehow a pair of scoops.

Heads up with Terry in the end and we flipped for the league points. Truthfully I could have just given them to him as they're meaningless to me as I don't play there enough to qualify, but I wanted to be listed in first place on the little bit of paper they put up on the wall so it was a matter of pride really.

Championes, Championes, la la la la la la.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »

Could that be you on the FT of the Luton G monthly special?

If so, GLGL Harry!

The Vegas fund's looking better every day  thumbs up
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2016, 11:28:21 PM »

Could that be you on the FT of the Luton G monthly special?

If so, GLGL Harry!

The Vegas fund's looking better every day  thumbs up

It's not sadly. They still won't let me back in!

Save your GLGLs because in two weeks there will be much binkage.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: May 22, 2016, 11:59:35 PM »

Send me a pm if your looking to return to the G

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 04, 2016, 01:42:41 AM »

Las Vegas - 2016 - Prologue

American Dream / American Nightmare

Start spreading the news. I'm leaving today. And I don't care for the most part. There's not an atom in my body that wants to get out of bed.

I love poker, I love Las Vegas and I love that in a short amount of time I will be at the World Series for a second year in a row. But I have this crippling flu that has had me in fever dreams for most of the morning. I spend the better half of the early hours eyes wide and drooling having visions of being on Wheel of Fortune. Of all things to hallucinate about, it's Micheal Barrymore. It's part of the reason I couldn't muster enough energy to get in the bath, lest he show up with a table leg and attempt to violate me with it. Yeah, this year's diary kicks off with references to a serious sexual assault.

TWO WORDS - COMMON PHRASE - 10 LETTERS

"Can I solve it?"

EARLY GRAVE

---

I'm typing this in a state of wobbly headed delirium. Partly to keep my mind off how utterly terrible I feel, and partly because I still haven't packed and I'm trying to put it off as much as possible. Each time I look at my empty suitcase, it seems to get smaller and smaller in a surreal Alice Through The Looking Glass way.

I booked a hotel in the end, because it was reduced to £100 and the thought of a night on the airport's doorstep with this virus attached to every node in my body would have left me in tears. If I'm going to suffer, I'm going to do it in modest comfort with the dulcet tones of the ITV Nightscreen to put me out for the night.

I'm confident I will at least feel a little better when I get up. I feel like this flu thing has peaked and it's on the way out. There's a cocktail of over the counter drugs on my table to help. Sudafed, Lemsip, Strepsils, Anadin, Covonia. All the hits. One happy little chemical family.

Anyway that's the moan out of the way.

---

I've booked this all backwards. For someone who works with flights and travel arrangements, you'd think I'd know what I was doing. I have to get the train from Milton Keynes this evening, change at Manchester Picadilly for the airport and arrive at midnight. Get 6 hours of hopefully Michael Barrymore-less sleep and then jet off to the neon jungle.

I have a bad feeling about this flight. I don't suffer boredom well. Last year my in flight entertainment thing wasn't working and I almost had a panic attack. Turns out they don't switch them on until they're in the air high enough. I can see Thomas Cook having the most dire selection of films to watch. Like the time I took a train from London to Cornwall, 6 hours and the only thing to watch on the headrest TV was episodes of Jamie Oliver doing some sort of Caribbean BBQ. I still have flashbacks about that turkey twizzler stealing twat.

---

My first plan as soon as I check in is to sleep for a hundred hours.

My mind is spent.
My body is broken.
Lead me to my throne.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 04, 2016, 10:18:06 AM »

You can only run better when you finally get to the city of lights.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: June 04, 2016, 01:08:36 PM »

Have a great trip

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 04, 2016, 03:23:13 PM »

Superb posting, as always Cheesy

Best of luck in Vegas!

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 04, 2016, 03:45:02 PM »

There's always the luton dealers choice tourney tomorrow !!
IT5PAYDAY

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 06, 2016, 12:02:46 PM »

How was the flight bro?! I'm flying out with Thomas Cook in 2days..... Any Jamie Oliver TV on flight?!
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 06, 2016, 03:10:19 PM »

How was the flight bro?! I'm flying out with Thomas Cook in 2days..... Any Jamie Oliver TV on flight?!

Credit where credit is due - the new economy seats are pretty comfortable.

No complementary drinks, prison food for your lunch and you get 2 films on the in flight entertainment unless you pay £4 for an upgrade. This week it's Captain Phillips (7/10, nice and suspenseful for the first hour, drops a bit in the second), and some romantic comedy with Adam Sandler (8/10, because I'd been awake for 28 hours when I watched it and I found it quite funny because I was so tired)

It's basically a 10 hour easyjet flight, it is what it is. Though if it's your first time In Vegas you won't care all that much and will just be counting down the minutes until you arrive.

42 degrees when I got off the plane yesterday. You're never prepared for that much heat.
IT5PAYDAY

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 07, 2016, 01:52:08 AM »

No complementary drinks, prison food for your lunch and you get 2 films on the in flight entertainment unless you pay £4 for an upgrade. This week it's Captain Phillips (7/10, nice and suspenseful for the first hour, drops a bit in the second), and some romantic comedy with Adam Sandler (8/10, because I'd been awake for 28 hours when I watched it and I found it quite funny because I was so tired)

It's basically a 10 hour easyjet flight, it is what it is. Though if it's your first time In Vegas you won't care all that much and will just be counting down the minutes until you arrive.

42 degrees when I got off the plane yesterday. You're never prepared for that much heat.

Sounds alright to be fair! If you wanna meet up for a beer or two and a bite to eat out there, gimme a shout mate.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 09, 2016, 01:10:53 AM »

Sounds alright to be fair! If you wanna meet up for a beer or two and a bite to eat out there, gimme a shout mate.

I guess you'll be here in 5 hours. That view over Greenland is something right?

Diary spoilers - I chopped the 6-Max event at the Grand Poker Series in Golden Nugget last night for a good few bags so beers are a sure thing.

Give me a shout when you can.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: