blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:09:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Is this a fold? ICM rookie question
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this a fold? ICM rookie question  (Read 3273 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 03:25:31 AM »

Basically, shit will get destroyed, and it will be bad. God will kill you in your sleep.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:28:41 AM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 01:07:07 PM »

ICM Wise, it may well be a fold.

There was a similar example posted on sky a while ago with AK, it was the FT of the Sunday Night Primo. The action was probs more standard as in normal size raise/ 3 bet with AK, 4 bet Jam, which was called, other guy had QQ, winning in the flip, both players had very decent stacks 5/6 handed on the FT.

Despite the ICM consideration I would be gambling here to get a stack. Especially considering it's a turbo and when the blinds go up again we might only have 12/13 bigs or whatever.

The only reason I would fold is if I had a solid read that massive raises 4x 5x = AA or KK. Sometimes this raise size from this type of player is exactly that. Othertimes, it can be hands like 77-88, AQ AJ, they just think I have an ok hand and don't want any callers better raise massive to make them fold.

The 5 x is really interesting tho for sure.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »

ICM Wise, it may well be a fold.

There was a similar example posted on sky a while ago with AK, it was the FT of the Sunday Night Primo. The action was probs more standard as in normal size raise/ 3 bet with AK, 4 bet Jam, which was called, other guy had QQ, winning in the flip, both players had very decent stacks 5/6 handed on the FT.

Despite the ICM consideration I would be gambling here to get a stack. Especially considering it's a turbo and when the blinds go up again we might only have 12/13 bigs or whatever.

The only reason I would fold is if I had a solid read that massive raises 4x 5x = AA or KK. Sometimes this raise size from this type of player is exactly that. Othertimes, it can be hands like 77-88, AQ AJ, they just think I have an ok hand and don't want any callers better raise massive to make them fold.

The 5 x is really interesting tho for sure.

If you're gonna mention the hand from the Sky Roller then at least get the details right. as they are quite important; it was raised UTG, and 3bet jammed from a 40bb stack holding QQ.....the action was then on the chip leader in the blinds playing about 50bb and had AKo. The guy posted the hand cos it was quite an unusual spot, and certainly a very tricky situation.

As the gentleman said before me, if you want to start ''crushing'' tournaments next year, you need to get a decent grasp of ICM.

Best Bitter.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »

With the volume I play, and the field sizes, when I hit a final I really need to top 5 minimum. You don't get that many chances. It so happens this is literally the lowest gtee comp I play (run better) but the spot just seemed yuky. 30-40 out I think I stick it in but on FT I felt it was a fold but wasn't sure.

My general wish is to get my chips in first. As it's harder to call correct than it is to jam correct for most low stakes players. Until the short stacks are gone I like to stay alive. Then from 6th onwards we get it in as big stacks are crying out to give cheap doubles.

I folded in game. They get it all in on KQ7 flop with A7 and QQ. So turns out UTG was a rofler
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 06:06:53 PM »

With the volume I play, and the field sizes, when I hit a final I really need to top 5 minimum. You don't get that many chances. It so happens this is literally the lowest gtee comp I play (run better) but the spot just seemed yuky. 30-40 out I think I stick it in but on FT I felt it was a fold but wasn't sure.

My general wish is to get my chips in first. As it's harder to call correct than it is to jam correct for most low stakes players. Until the short stacks are gone I like to stay alive. Then from 6th onwards we get it in as big stacks are crying out to give cheap doubles.

I folded in game. They get it all in on KQ7 flop with A7 and QQ. So turns out UTG was a rofler
Can be almost head scratching trying to put small buyin players on a hand both live and online at times.
Guess the worst thing we can do from a thinking players point of view is try and use our logic for them, which on most
occasions is far off the mark.

As poker players we are all thinking on different levels and you want your thinking to be ahead of your opponents.
It can be hard to level ourselves down and get into the heads of the recreational players.

And you are correct in a sense to want to have the first in vigorish. Personally don't mind ramping the aggression back
slightly here as people do tend to go nuts when the final table does open so I see now harm in giving the shortstacks
chance to get all in, here its two decent size stacks though.

Adopted a more aggressive approach towards the end of the year maybe it just didn't suit my style of play but I found myself
losing a decent amount (all) of these huge pots late on in MTT's. No harm in taking the cautious route if you are on a limited bankroll
and don't have a full grasp of shove/fold ICM etc.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 11:02:34 PM »

Well played good fold.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: