blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 104824 times)
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 14, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »

Magical Matt,

Sunday I was watching the football I only played the £11 25k guarantee game.

I just found the schedule to not have a great amount of variety, but maybe that's just me.

Mostly, I wasn't playing well at all. Which is really disappointing given I was really excited about UKOPs before it started.

Also, I should make priority this month/ have started to put a decent amount of volume into cash again which potentially has impacted, to some extent, how I was playing in MTTs.

Looking back, I would do things differently for sure.

I've not had a chance to catch up with you recently, hope you have had a great UKOPS!     

Guess its gone ok!

BOOM!

Ha, Batesy is in like a shot.

MattBates 1700000 1 £4360 + £40,000 UKOPS ME SEAT

Well done Matt, you have now  - just - made the magic 6 figure profit mark on Sky Poker, £100,167 I think? That's great going, & must place you in a fairly exclusive club.

I hit that a few days back, 6th from Monday main hasn't been showing (neither is last nights main yet). Its a club of one at the moment, Mr D is loitering with intent though and it wont be long before he joins me.

While the brags are coming I managed a win on party on Wednesday which gets me a $5k HU v Rob Yong! Best get working on my HU game!
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2015, 11:57:29 AM »

Incidentally, did you notice who finished 4th?

lJAMESl 0 4 £1256 + £40,000 UKOPS ME

That's young James Williams - "cottonbud" on here - who recently became a dad, Ridiculous really, he's barely old enough to shave.

The guy in 5th - "munchkin00" - was in Punta Cana last week as one of our qualifiers, really smashing chap.

I was chatting to James a bit, luckily had direct position on him on the FT and managed to bust him too which was good as he is a decent player.

Didn't know he had become a dad, congrats to him.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »

Magical Matt,

I just found the schedule to not have a great amount of variety, but maybe that's just me.

Mostly, I wasn't playing well at all. Which is really disappointing given I was really excited about UKOPs before it started.

Also, I should make priority this month/ have started to put a decent amount of volume into cash again which potentially has impacted, to some extent, how I was playing in MTTs.

I've not had a chance to catch up with you recently, hope you have had a great UKOPS!     

Guess its gone ok!

BOOM!

Well done Matt, you have now  - just - made the magic 6 figure profit mark on Sky Poker, £100,167 I think? That's great going, & must place you in a fairly exclusive club.

I hit that a few days back, 6th from Monday main hasn't been showing (neither is last nights main yet). Its a club of one at the moment, Mr D is loitering with intent though and it wont be long before he joins me.

While the brags are coming I managed a win on party on Wednesday which gets me a $5k HU v Rob Yong! Best get working on my HU game!

I did wonder, as none of the UKOPS results seem to be showing on Sharkscope for some reason.

Club of one? That's just wonderful - very well done. I know life away from poker has been a bit uphill for you of late, so that must feel good.

Tommy D is just £10,000 behind, but he'll get there soon enough. He's a good man - a good man - & I love him to bits. Does a lot of Hospital Radio work, commentates on Spurs matches I believe.

A $5k HU game v Rob Yong? Good luck with that. He's fearless Heads Up, & I love watching him play. Watched him play a £25,000 Heads Up affair at the club recently, v Richard Berridge. I can but dream. £25,000 HU, yikes.

Do you still get coaching from the same chap? His coaching must be worth its weight in gold. Carries a bit of baggage, which enabled the trolls to have a field day with me in Vegas in 2012, but he was fine with me, & I genuinely think he is rehabilitating himself. Good luck him.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 14, 2015, 12:19:03 PM »

Apologies to Kev for the derail, but Bates started it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »

Is there a hiroller tikay? Enjoyed bubbling it last year.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2015, 01:39:19 PM »

There was a HR last Sunday, series is nearly over now. Sunday is last day of the series
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2015, 01:41:26 PM »

If you mean a UKOPS High Roller, it was last Sunday, whilst you were engaged elsewhere.

79 runners @ £500, very happy with that indeed.

Would have been a bit tough for you this year, looking at some of the superstars who cashed.

GSmith13 790000 1st/79 £11455
Granite89 0 2 £7505
DAVEMCDAID 0 3 £4641.25
GagginKs 0 4 £3752.50
jordz16 0 5 £3061.25
Gambuuuuul 0 6 £2567.50
jakally 0 7 £2172.50
Hotwheals 0 8 £1777.50
darsum333 0 9 £1382.50
TheDart 0 10 £1185
RUNITSRANN 0 11

If you mean the UKPC, yeah, there will be a £2,000 High Roller with a £100,000 Guarantee.

Spam? I don't need asking twice.....

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2015, 05:15:53 PM »

Magical Matt,

Guess its gone ok!

BOOM!

I did wonder, as none of the UKOPS results seem to be showing on Sharkscope for some reason.

Club of one? That's just wonderful - very well done. I know life away from poker has been a bit uphill for you of late, so that must feel good.

Tommy D is just £10,000 behind, but he'll get there soon enough. He's a good man - a good man - & I love him to bits. Does a lot of Hospital Radio work, commentates on Spurs matches I believe.

A $5k HU game v Rob Yong? Good luck with that. He's fearless Heads Up, & I love watching him play. Watched him play a £25,000 Heads Up affair at the club recently, v Richard Berridge. I can but dream. £25,000 HU, yikes.

Do you still get coaching from the same chap? His coaching must be worth its weight in gold. Carries a bit of baggage, which enabled the trolls to have a field day with me in Vegas in 2012, but he was fine with me, & I genuinely think he is rehabilitating himself. Good luck him.   

Loving the diary Kev!!!

Rob may be fearless but I am really good at all ins!

Yeah, still good friends with him and getting coaching. I am lucky to have a few people to discuss hands and strategy with as I think it helps to get different perspectives on hands/overall strategy.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2015, 05:37:57 PM »

Lol hey Matt.

Good catching up with you a few days ago.

And once again, very well done on the ukops successes, and breaking the 100k mark, fantastic.

Gl versus Rob!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »

Magical Matt,

Guess its gone ok!

BOOM!

Loving the diary Kev!!!

Rob may be fearless but I am really good at all ins!

Yeah, still good friends with him and getting coaching. I am lucky to have a few people to discuss hands and strategy with as I think it helps to get different perspectives on hands/overall strategy.

It's the only place I don't get a new arsehole ripped every 5 minutes at the moment.....

But never mind, in 5 minutes it'll be POKER TIME. Yay.

Glad you are still getting that coachinng - sounds like it was pretty good value for money to me.

I wonder how much it would cost to coach me to win £100,000 on a single poker site?

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 20, 2015, 01:53:31 AM »

My stats for MTTs year to date are, games played 1741, Average Buy In, £8.80. ROI 37.7%. Average ROI (ever) is 38%.

My ROI for £11 MTT's only in 2015 is 58.9%.

The most profitable player for MTTs ever on the sites stats for this year are, games played, 2117, Average Buy In, £28.78. ROI 31.9%. Average ROI (ever) is 43.8%

Next year will need to increase the Average Buy In if still playing MTTs.  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:58:49 AM by shipitgood » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 20, 2015, 07:31:52 AM »

Terrific numbers, well done.

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 20, 2015, 10:25:32 AM »

My stats for MTTs year to date are, games played 1741, Average Buy In, £8.80. ROI 37.7%. Average ROI (ever) is 38%.

My ROI for £11 MTT's only in 2015 is 58.9%.

The most profitable player for MTTs ever on the sites stats for this year are, games played, 2117, Average Buy In, £28.78. ROI 31.9%. Average ROI (ever) is 43.8%

Next year will need to increase the Average Buy In if still playing MTTs.  

This kind of links into a post from next door regarding the most key stat for MTT players. Suggestion was hourly was key which is obviously linked into ROI. How many tables are you playing when on the MTT grind?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2015, 03:59:56 PM »

Just now, I play 2/3 Mtts + 5/6 cash tables if having a proper session, 8 tables max. I play on a laptop so any more than 8 tables and it's difficult with the overlap. If it was only mtts then from the stats above, "hourly" would be low, but with cash games included it,s  very decent. In the new year, I'm going to get a second screen so will be able to comfortably have more tables.

Or at the very least will have a screen for poker/ can use other screen for Skype YouTube etc

One day a week, if watching the football I'll only play 1/ 2 tables (mtt), which incidentally I always seem to do very well in, like decisions are much easier and I'm a lot more aware of game flow and the nuances and intricacies of how every player at the table is plAying.

I also tend to close down cash tables or reduce table count if I reach a ft, to give it my full concentration and give my best shot at winning the tournament.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:03:56 PM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 24, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »

There's an interesting thread over in the rail regarding staking.

The only reason I can ever see for staking being a positive is if there good coaching involved as part of the deal, and even then I can't see it as being a good thing if it's over the super long term.

Random Post Coaching

I would say for the vast majority of players coaching wouldn't necessarily be the best thing to do, just from a cost perspective it will be inhibitive for a most players.

There is also a mass of free information available if someone really wants to improve at their game, Twitch / Youtube poker videos etc. RIO  basic package of £10 a month for coaching videos would perhaps also be better value for most players versus paying for individual coaching sessions.

I've had paid for coaching twice now. The vast majority of my development in poker has come from talking stuff over with friends or posting hand histories in public forums over the years.

The first time I got coaching was in August/ Sept of 2014. It was from a friend, who is a great guy and a very good player, I trust this person more than anyone else I know in  poker. It was over 10 hours and was for cash games.

It was phenomenal, and so worth it. Within a few sessions a good few leaks had been identified. A session would be viewed and I was always eager to analyse it straight away, however, 'coach' wanted to wait till the next day when you I wasn't going to be so emotionally involved and could come back the next day with fresher eyes and be more objective. I can not emphasise enough how beneficial this was, for some reason after every session I always seemed to do (and play) really well. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made in poker, and i'm very kind of my friend, who I am not to sure even wanted to do coaching, it was more as a favour to me, so thank you very much!

The second time I got coaching was through a player on here, I had really liked their posts (PHA) and they seemed like a really decent person also. The second time was Jan Feb of this year and would revolve around MTTs. Within 10 minutes of the first session I had raised pocket two spades OTB over a limper. He went on to say something like "that's called iso'ing, isolating"...I thought shit this guy thinks I don't know what isolating is, this might not be so good!

Dinner time, will continue this later:)       
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: