blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 104784 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2015, 04:39:39 PM »

Most often in blog threads when hands are posted they receive v little, if any, response.

I'm going to post some hands below and would really appreciate any feedback on my thought process in both hands. Thanks.

Both MTT Hands.

Hand 1

The villain is a reg, and doesn't tend to believe me - will constantly tell me in the chat I never have it!

We are ITM, 9/10 players left.

UTG we have 15057 chips, blinds 400/800
We min raise to 1.6k.
Reg OTB 3 bets to 7.2k. It's a massive raise, 4.5 x raise. The pot is 10K. We have 13,457 behind.
At first I was thinking is this a fold. The raise is v strange and totally different to his normal 3 bet size, I didn't think he had AAKKorQQ, nor 1010 or a worse pair based on the sizing. I came to the decision that based purely on his sizing the vast majority of his range here was big Aces, so from initially wanting to fold I decided to jam. I never really like jamming with no fold equity with this particular hand, but felt it was the right decision. 

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »

It was a good start to the challenge yesterday I won the 11:30 Bounty Hunter, it was my last game, and up till then the rest of the night had been pretty flat lol

It's really interesting reading Teddy Bloat's posts about HU Sit and Go's/ Spin and Go's, about the different levels and cartels. From an outsiders perspective, as someone who seldom plays HU Sit and Go's, it's difficult to comprehend what the difference would be between a Reg at £30 games versus a £200 reg versus a £1k reg. It would seem to me edges in Hyper Sit and Go's, or spin and gos, must be very small, but in reality there must be a massive skill difference between the various stake levels.

If you take that and apply it to MTTs. I would imagine (!?) there must be a far bigger skill gap between a very good higher stakes reg and a lower stakes reg. Just in as much as with tournaments there is a lot more variables and intricacies to the game, you start a lot deeper versus HU Hypers, strategies are totally different at each stage of the tournament where as with hypers, the strategy will be pretty consistant from the get go when starting stacks are super shallow. 

In both disciplines I would expect the biggest edge of a good low stakes reg versus a very good high stakes reg would be better a far greater understanding of ranges and also better hand reading skills.   

I'm quite analytical, that kinda stuff interests me. One of the reasons I enjoy poker so much.

yeah the difference between the top of one stake and the middle of the one below is pretty big. the difference between the bottom of one stake and the top of the one below it is not so great as people do move up regularly. a few mates are battling into the 60s from the 30s now [and they recently battled into the 30s from the 15's] and they are having good results doing so.

but the higher-stakes guys would rightly consider us $15-30 players as fish. literally we would be their bread and butter.

worth noting that sicko MTT players and cash crushers are often the recs i am talking about in the HUSNG posts.

here is the $500 hyper HUSNG graph of someone who is $450k up in all formats [mainly mtts and 6max sngs].

http://imgur.com/pas27v7

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »

Get this in your diary Kev, Hampden next year!

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2015/09/partypoker-sponsored-grand-prix-poker-tour-launched-19060.htm
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 13, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »

It was a good start to the challenge yesterday I won the 11:30 Bounty Hunter, it was my last game, and up till then the rest of the night had been pretty flat lol

It's really interesting reading Teddy Bloat's posts about HU Sit and Go's/ Spin and Go's, about the different levels and cartels. From an outsiders perspective, as someone who seldom plays HU Sit and Go's, it's difficult to comprehend what the difference would be between a Reg at £30 games versus a £200 reg versus a £1k reg. It would seem to me edges in Hyper Sit and Go's, or spin and gos, must be very small, but in reality there must be a massive skill difference between the various stake levels.

If you take that and apply it to MTTs. I would imagine (!?) there must be a far bigger skill gap between a very good higher stakes reg and a lower stakes reg. Just in as much as with tournaments there is a lot more variables and intricacies to the game, you start a lot deeper versus HU Hypers, strategies are totally different at each stage of the tournament where as with hypers, the strategy will be pretty consistant from the get go when starting stacks are super shallow. 

In both disciplines I would expect the biggest edge of a good low stakes reg versus a very good high stakes reg would be better a far greater understanding of ranges and also better hand reading skills.   

I'm quite analytical, that kinda stuff interests me. One of the reasons I enjoy poker so much.

I think the High stakes MTTs involve a different skill set than the low/mid stakes MTTs. You can't be pulling Pad level moves, because it just won't make sense to them at lower/mid stakes often enough to make them profitable. Because of this the way the game is played is just so much different I find.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2015, 12:01:14 AM »

Looks good mate, it's amazing the good work Rob Yong does in promoting poker within the UK! I'll try and play it if i'm about.

yeah the difference between the top of one stake and the middle of the one below is pretty big. the difference between the bottom of one stake and the top of the one below it is not so great as people do move up regularly. a few mates are battling into the 60s from the 30s now [and they recently battled into the 30s from the 15's] and they are having good results doing so.

but the higher-stakes guys would rightly consider us $15-30 players as fish. literally we would be their bread and butter.

worth noting that sicko MTT players and cash crushers are often the recs i am talking about in the HUSNG posts.

here is the $500 hyper HUSNG graph of someone who is $450k up in all formats [mainly mtts and 6max sngs].

http://imgur.com/pas27v7

It's amazing how big the gap is, in a game that starts with 25 bigs, rapidly turning into much less! Interesting graph for someone who crushes other formats. I'm glad you are doing well, it doesn't seem that long ago we used to play HU Sit and Gos lol

I think the High stakes MTTs involve a different skill set than the low/mid stakes MTTs. You can't be pulling Pad level moves, because it just won't make sense to them at lower/mid stakes often enough to make them profitable. Because of this the way the game is played is just so much different I find.
[/quote]

I guess it's the same skill set, good higher stakes players, will just have more dimensions and subtleties to their game. I don't think the gap between a great £50 MTT player would be amazingly different to that of a £200 MTT player, then again it's hard because MTT players often play such a wide array of stakes.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2015, 12:14:59 AM »

The last week, really my 1st week back since I had probs with my shoulder, have been really good.

I've been playing a certain style, slightly different to before, and it's been working really well. I've not changed my game drastically just subtle tweaks.

I've made quite a lot of FT's and won another MTT on Tuesday.

I've also qualified for Sunday's Puna Canta Semi Final, its a £190 Sat into the £880 Final, then winners get a puna canta package. I was trying to take the £190 cash, but Sky's stopped people regging the final, so just have to play the Sunday sat now. Poooo

When I was playing on Monday night I got chatting to one of the players Jacques1, he is about to cycle from Rome to his home in England as part of a charity event to raise funds for sporting activities in his local area.

His brother tragically lost his life in a car accident while he was at uni. In the aftermath of his death the Steve Bernard Foundation was set up in his honour to raise money for good causes locally. www.stevebernardfoundation.com It's astounding over the last 10 years just under £250,000 has been raised. It's amazing how such good has come from such a tragedy.

The cycle from Rome starts in a few days time, if anyone would like to donate: https://www.gofundme.com/Rome2Home. It is awe inspiring the amazing work that has been done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuYq7vdZsJY

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2015, 08:44:40 AM »

Good to see you are making plenty of "On Your Bike" noise here & elsewhere mate.

Good luck on Sunday in the Punta Cana thing.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2015, 02:36:31 AM »

Thank you very much Tikay.

I spoke earlier in the year about my Aunt Lucy and her battle with cancer. She passed away peacefully in the early hours of Saturday morning.

In March my Aunt Lucy was told she had weeks to live, at that point the Doctor's said there was an experimental drug they could try to sustain life as long as possible.

She was a battler courageous and strong throughout, a true inspiration.

RIP Aunt Lucy xx
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »

It's been a pretty shitty week.

Hardly played any poker at all.

I'm going to get in a proper session tonight, really looking forward to it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2015, 09:34:41 PM »

Thank you very much Tikay.

I spoke earlier in the year about my Aunt Lucy and her battle with cancer. She passed away peacefully in the early hours of Saturday morning.

In March my Aunt Lucy was told she had weeks to live, at that point the Doctor's said there was an experimental drug they could try to sustain life as long as possible.

She was a battler courageous and strong throughout, a true inspiration.

RIP Aunt Lucy xx

Only just seen this, sorry.

It's never easy, is it?

Condolences.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 25, 2015, 10:53:41 PM »

It's not, my aunt Lucy was only in her early 60's, and was an extraordinary person with a heart of gold who would have helped anyone, the priest during the  euology said within 5 minutes of meeting my aunt you had a friend for life, so true.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2015, 01:58:25 AM »

Condolences Kev.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 28, 2015, 08:22:01 AM »

Morning Kev.

I see you "seat-bubbled" a Punta Cana semi final last night......

LARSON7 0 11 £528

No idea if that was by accident or design, & I won't ask, but £528 is handy enough, well done you. (Punta Cana clashes with week one of UKOPS).

Adam Bromley made the final, which I was pleased to see, & a lad called "Talon", who is a micro stakes player made the final (seat value £880) too.

Talon, who is a great kid, has no wish to win the Punta Cana package, & has been attempting to seat bubble, but keeps messing up & winning the seat. 

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2015, 01:29:24 AM »

Thanks for the condolences Tikay and Vince.

--------------------------------------------

Would be great to see the Bromley's and Talon qualify for Puna Canta.

Natalie and Adam love their live poker escapades in in exotic locations, plus would be great for the brommers diary!

Would be so amazing for Talon to make it, i know he says he got lucky, but was playing really well, I had the last 5 tables up to see how players were playing incase of a table move. From what i seen Talon was playing perfectly..
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2015, 09:36:09 AM »

Thanks for the condolences Tikay and Vince.

--------------------------------------------

Would be great to see the Bromley's and Talon qualify for Puna Canta.

Natalie and Adam love their live poker escapades in in exotic locations, plus would be great for the brommers diary!

Would be so amazing for Talon to make it, i know he says he got lucky, but was playing really well, I had the last 5 tables up to see how players were playing incase of a table move. From what i seen Talon was playing perfectly..

Talon's game of choice is PLO8, at which he is incredibly skilled.

He's a smashing bloke, & here's the thing, just look at these stats....

He has played over 3,000 games on Sky Poker. Average buy-in? £1.25. So a regular "penny player" really.

And now marvel at this - he has a profit of almost £1,500 from those 3,000 games at those micro-stakes. Not too many can boast that. Has no inclination to move up the stakes, is happy doing what he does at penny stakes. These are the guys we can be so proud of in poker.   

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: