blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 104846 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2015, 03:44:11 AM »

16:00 £11 Bounty Hunter £2,000
17:00 £5.50 Rebuy £2,000      Spent 16.50, 1 rebuy 1 addon
19:00 £3.30 Bounty Hunter £1,000
19:30 £11 SUPER UKOPS BH 1 £25,000
20:00 £110 Bounty Hunter £20,000
20:30 £5.50 Bounty Hunter £4,000
21:00 £22 Turbo Freezeout £4,000

Total Bi. £179.30
Cashes:£40.

Tonight wasn't the best in the UKOPs games, I didn't get any runs in any of the games, I had some interesting hands, i'll post up tomorrow.

I'm happy enough with how I played for the most, apart from a few hands. The "cashes" were bounties, 1 from the main and 1 from mini. It was a disappointing start, but plenty of games to go.

I'm only going to be playing two UKOPS games tomorrow:

20:30 £5.50 Freezeout £3,000
21:00 £22 Bounty Hunter

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:47:29 AM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 02, 2015, 01:33:49 PM »

I found this hand really interesting, it's very early in the 4pm £11 bounty hunter.

It folds round to me OTB (2910) versus the SB (3480).

Blinds 10/20, I make it 60 with  , SB min 3 bets lol, I call the extra 40.

Flop:  two hearts (220), SB Checks, I decided to check behind.

Turn  (220) SB checks, I bet 145, call.

River  two spades (510) SB Checks, I bet 280, villain jams.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 03, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »

I couldn't play tonight, will update when next games will be.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 03, 2015, 11:31:52 AM »

Vbol Kev, I will send for the extra 5ball on Monday when I land mate.
Sent extra £55 for additional 5 mate

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 04, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »

Thanks Rich
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2015, 02:49:31 PM »

I don't know if i'll continue the blog after UKOPs, it might be a fitting finish to park it once the series is over.

Ah got a feelin

Not at all, but it is a great song though!

Normally folk say I want to achieve x, but for the series my main goal is to play to the best of my ability, not tilt and play as close to my A game as possible.

The field sizes will be large, it would be great to make 1 or 2 final tables. The most important thing is to do my best and stay focussed.

The team for UKOPS:

Rich, £110 paid 10%
Chris, £55 paid 5%
YG. £55 paid 5%
Vern, £50 paid 5%*I'll deduct £5 from any winnings.

I'll update if there is any additions to the above before the start of the games.

I'll post in here games included in the stake before the start of any games and again at the end of the evening with results. Gl us!

Nooooooooooooooooo.

Keep posting.

Shortarse reads it, I know for a fact.

PS - Good luck in UKOPS.

No I don't!
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2015, 03:03:19 AM »

Sunday main seats were added, so not sure why this stopped you playing it mate. Don't really get why you haven't found ukops good to grind. Loads of bigger than normal comps, decent games.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2015, 12:21:23 AM »

Magical Matt,

Sunday I was watching the football I only played the £11 25k guarantee game.

I just found the schedule to not have a great amount of variety, but maybe that's just me.

Mostly, I wasn't playing well at all. Which is really disappointing given I was really excited about UKOPs before it started.

Also, I should make priority this month/ have started to put a decent amount of volume into cash again which potentially has impacted, to some extent, how I was playing in MTTs.

Looking back, I would do things differently for sure.

I've not had a chance to catch up with you recently, hope you have had a great UKOPS!     
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »

Magical Matt,

I just found the schedule to not have a great amount of variety, but maybe that's just me.

Mostly, I wasn't playing well at all. Which is really disappointing given I was really excited about UKOPs before it started.

Also, I should make priority this month/ have started to put a decent amount of volume into cash again which potentially has impacted, to some extent, how I was playing in MTTs.

I've not had a chance to catch up with you recently, hope you have had a great UKOPS!     

Hi Kev,

Sorry to hear that, as I know how much you were looking forward to it, & you are generally very positive towards Sky Poker.

Question for you - & Mr Bedi, if he sees this, as he made a similar comment on your Staking Thread as I recall.

When you say "lacks variety", bearing in mind the limited range of games they offer, & that, like them or not, Bounty Hunters are astoundingly popular there, what would you have preferred to see on the schedule?

Here's the full schedule.....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/ukopsxiv

The next UKOPS won't be long, so any feedback will be gratefully received. Commercially, I must add, this one has done pretty well, all things considered, but these things are rarely one size fits all.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 13, 2015, 02:23:11 AM »

Hey Tikay,

That's great it was a commercial success.

Lack of Variety

It was always going to be difficult having it over 15 days.

In my opinion, it would have been better to have it over a shorter time frame, to increase the buzz of the events.

Bounty hunters are great and are a USP of Skypoker, but it would be good to see atleast some games with the standard 2k starting stack with 10/20 blinds, so starting with 100bbs.

I know you are a big proponent of having 5k starting stacks, so most players could get their "moneys worth", but BH should be fast and furious.

I would say that the vast majority of players want a lot of action and a  fast paced game, for it to be exciting. I seldom play the £33 BHers now, because the first hour is so tedious and slow, due to the large starting stack. Especially when you have a table of excessively tight players.

It would be great to have some games atleast with the normal stack/ structure of every other BH game on sky.

Also, in relation to buy ins, it would be good to see some £33 games included as part of the UKOPS schedule, given that this is Skypokers normal main buyin. Whilst that might not be popular with higher stake regs, for sure it would be better for the overall player pool on Sky, given that there is very few "higher stake" regs on the site.

Just some thoughts. 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2015, 09:56:36 AM »

Thanks Kev, that's all good solid feedback.

5,000 starting stacks?

A lot of the hard-nosed boys think I don't get the criticism of big starting stacks, & berate me, saying "we don't need them".

That misses a very valid point though, which is undeniable.

The great mass of recreational MTT players LOVE a lot of starting chips. They just do. And at Sky Poker, it matters very much to look after those guys. And having a few "dead" levels is not the end of the world, is it?

Money in poker starts at the bottom, & gets sucked up to the top. And that's right & proper. Pretty important to look after the seedcorn though, because that's where the money comes from.

Anyway, good constructive feedback, thank you, & I'll send it upstairs when I have collated it with all the other UKOPS feedback.

Incidentally, as to the length of this UKOPS Festival, it was an experiment, they wanted to give it a try. However, it has aslready been agreed - even before this one started - that the next UKOPS will be around 4 days, so that's one box ticked. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »

Just reg later?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 14, 2015, 04:13:28 AM »

Magical Matt,

Guess its gone ok!

BOOM!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 14, 2015, 10:30:57 AM »

Magical Matt,

Guess its gone ok!

BOOM!

Ha, Batesy is in like a shot.

MattBates 1700000 1 £4360 + £40,000 UKOPS ME SEAT

Well done Matt, you have now  - just - made the magic 6 figure profit mark on Sky Poker, £100,167 I think? That's great going, & must place you in a fairly exclusive club.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 14, 2015, 10:35:14 AM »

Incidentally, did you notice who finished 4th?

lJAMESl 0 4 £1256 + £40,000 UKOPS ME

That's young James Williams - "cottonbud" on here - who recently became a dad, Ridiculous really, he's barely old enough to shave.

The guy in 5th - "munchkin00" - was in Punta Cana last week as one of our qualifiers, really smashing chap.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: