blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Paris horror attack
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paris horror attack  (Read 52280 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2015, 10:04:32 AM »

Reading comments on social media pages there are thousands and thousands of seemingly normal every day Muslims supporting yesterday's horrific shootings. Of course you will always get people on social media saying things but the majority really seem to think yesterday was justified.

Please tell me how you could possibly know, or even think that?

Do you know any Muslims? (Actual flesh and blood people I mean)

Have you asked even one?

I really despair when someone I consider to be above average intelligence is prepared to believe that the majority of 1.6 billion decent, ordinary men, women and children would think that murdering 12 innocent people in cold blood was justified because you read it on social media.

The older I get, the better I was.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2015, 10:11:15 AM »

If you asked 100 children in England what was a Muslim how many do you think would have negative connotations? Or answer terrorist/bomber etc?

Similarly to Red's point I think if you asked this question the majority would actually say something about what they've learned in RE, or if they live in a more racially diverse area they'd think of their friends.

I think posts like this probably show something about a particular frame of reference rather than a more widely held generalisation.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2015, 10:17:18 AM »

Reading comments on social media pages there are thousands and thousands of seemingly normal every day Muslims supporting yesterday's horrific shootings. Of course you will always get people on social media saying things but the majority really seem to think yesterday was justified.

Do you not think that there is the slightest possibility that posts like yours could cause some low IQ idiots to retaliate by taunting school kids, desecrating a Mosque, pouring petrol through some random person's letterbox, or kicking some poor bloke to death in a dark car park?  

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »

You are obviously intelligent

This post goes a long way to disproving my thoughts, i hope in some weird way you are fishing/trolling otherwise have a think
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2015, 10:45:04 AM »

Yes,it is a HUGE leap from social media keyboard bashers to "the majority"

Embracing the variance.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2015, 11:12:41 AM »

This post goes a long way to disproving my thoughts, i hope in some weird way you are fishing/trolling otherwise have a think

You are obviously intelligent and along with others ignore the fact that in every country where Islam is the basis of the legal system, human rights are grossly abused.

Religion is mind cancer.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2015, 11:37:32 AM »

You are obviously intelligent and along with others ignore the fact that in every country where Islam is the basis of the legal system, human rights are grossly abused.

Religion is mind cancer.

In every country where Atheism has been the state religion, human rights have been grossly abused.

Would you draw the same conclusion there?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »

Religion is mind cancer.

We have only ignored it because we were using this thread to discuss something different.

HTH

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2015, 11:42:30 AM »

Religion is mind cancer.

In every country where Atheism has been the state religion, human rights have been grossly abused.

Atheism isn't a religion.

and I'm glad you agree with my assertion about Islamic countries and human rights abuse.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2015, 12:42:30 PM »

Do you not think that there is the slightest possibility that posts like yours could cause some low IQ idiots to retaliate by taunting school kids, desecrating a Mosque, pouring petrol through some random person's letterbox, or kicking some poor bloke to death in a dark car park?  

Do you not think there is a possibility that posts like yours provide some great ideas as to the preferred method......?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2015, 01:05:20 PM »

Do you not think there is a possibility that posts like yours provide some great ideas as to the preferred method......?

I'm sorry Matt. As you know I'm easily whoosed sometimes. Is this a genuine, serious question or are you pulling my pisser?

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

Have you asked even one?

I really despair when someone I consider to be above average intelligence is prepared to believe that the majority of 1.6 billion decent, ordinary men, women and children would think that murdering 12 innocent people in cold blood was justified because you read it on social media.

"Reading comments on social media pages...the majority really seem to think yesterday was justified"

From the comments he's seen on social media some appear to be from Muslims. And from those that appear to be from Muslims the majority seem to think yesterday was justified. The only thing we can really prove from that statement is a lot of people use Facebook to troll. Bit of a leap to turn 'the majority' of posts pleno has seen on Facebook into 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide.

Think you're equally jumping to conclusions itt cowboy.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2015, 02:53:49 PM »

Have you asked even one?

"Reading comments on social media pages...the majority really seem to think yesterday was justified"

From the comments he's seen on social media some appear to be from Muslims. And from those that appear to be from Muslims the majority seem to think yesterday was justified. The only thing we can really prove from that statement is a lot of people use Facebook to troll. Bit of a leap to turn 'the majority' of posts pleno has seen on Facebook into 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide.

I totally agree. It was obvious ( to me anyway ) that Pleno was referring to the majority of facebook posts hes seen not the majority of the worlds Muslim population. How could that have been conceived any other way . Also lol at the Woodsey bashing train some people are jumping on.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2015, 02:56:31 PM »

Have you asked even one?

I totally agree. It was obvious ( to me anyway ) that Pleno was referring to the majority of facebook posts hes seen not the majority of the worlds Muslim population. How could that have been conceived any other way . Also lol at the Woodsey bashing train some people are jumping on.

Also apparently Pleno has had 10 pm's saying the same thing

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2015, 03:25:31 PM »

Religion is mind cancer.

Atheism isn't a religion.

and I'm glad you agree with my assertion about Islamic countries and human rights abuse.

Can we name a country that isn't guilty of human rights abuse at some point in the last 150 years? Your point seems a bit moot, although I agree somewhat with the anti religion stance, the common denominator is the human race.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: