blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:35:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Paris horror attack
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paris horror attack  (Read 51985 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »

Reading comments on social media pages there are thousands and thousands of seemingly normal every day Muslims supporting yesterday's horrific shootings. Of course you will always get people on social media saying things but the majority really seem to think yesterday was justified.

Do you not think that there is the slightest possibility that posts like yours could cause some low IQ idiots to retaliate by taunting school kids, desecrating a Mosque, pouring petrol through some random person's letterbox, or kicking some poor bloke to death in a dark car park?  

Do you not think there is a possibility that posts like yours provide some great ideas as to the preferred method......?

I'm sorry Matt. As you know I'm easily whoosed sometimes. Is this a genuine, serious question or are you pulling my pisser?

More of a Devil's advocate type question Tom. If Pleno's post can cause low IQ idiots to run riot then surely yours can give them ideas on how to do it?

Genuinely couldn't see much difference between the two posts in that respect and I'm confident that both were intended with equal malice.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2015, 04:09:53 PM »

I meant the majority of people on social media not the majority of Muslims.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2015, 04:20:56 PM »

I meant the majority of people on social media not the majority of Muslims.

My bad then. I'm glad I'm wrong.

The older I get, the better I was.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »

However after reading through the comments and the ways they unstudied it because of religion means I now have a way different outlook than 24 hours ago. If this happened with let's say a neo nazi extremist or sone White pride group the people justifying it would be very likely to be people who could have been in the act themselves. What I mean by that is people who look similar to the terrorists, are of similar age to the terrorists etc

Many people supporting the acts that I read were different to the two guys who have been labelled in the media. There were many women of all ages, many older men etc. Repeatedly what I read was things that seemed to say the Quran demanded that they did this and they were following what their religion told them.

It seems pointless for me to post 1, 2 or even 10 messages but for somebody who understands online journalism pretty well and reads a lot of similar things, honestly the overall feeling was very alarming.

On facebook if somebody writes something like "fucking pakis go home" in a comment and it gets 100 likes they are usually from the same brain dead people that you can imagine. I spent a long time yesterday reading all of this and when somebody commented like "you pigs deserve this and will keep getting this until the last day on earth" it would get 100 likes, maybe they didn't realise you can open up a like and see exactly liked it but liked I said scrolling through the people they represented all members of a society. All demographics etc

Don't get me wrong I have good friends who are Muslims, some of my very best friends. However they are "Westernised" and also Inwould say a lot more balanced with their views. They are religious but just as my Catholic friends don't follow the bible exactly word for word I believe they make intelligent interpretations of their religious readings. The feeling l got from reading yesterday was that those who have no been Westernised are perhaps way less likely to be as balanced in their view and the view that many held was extremely dangerous and like I try to reiterate, I understand the way that social media works but if you look at the responses that Islamic hate preaches get on Twitter/Facebook (where it's probably more justified and I can imagine all members of society being disgusted that somebody in a senior position in society would suggest that "they had it coming to them" still the responses are usually from the similar demographic. The Muslims I saw failing to condem yesterday and actually trying to justify it were as I've probably said too many times here from seemingly all ages, genders, social statuses.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2015, 04:38:24 PM »

The Muslims I saw failing to condem yesterday and actually trying to justify it were as I've probably said too many times here from seemingly all ages, genders, social statuses.

on that point....

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/this-is-why-normal-muslims-shouldnt-have-to-apologise-for-extremists-890
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2015, 04:45:14 PM »

I think it's very different refusing to apologise or even wanting to say RIP etc than trying to justify it and insisting and promising that there will be many many more acts like this unless "we change". Again just to reiterate if this was some 15-20 year old kids I would just think "sigh, standard" and it wouldn't be worth even mentioning.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2015, 05:14:47 PM »

I think it's very different refusing to apologise or even wanting to say RIP etc than trying to justify it and insisting and promising that there will be many many more acts like this unless "we change". Again just to reiterate if this was some 15-20 year old kids I would just think "sigh, standard" and it wouldn't be worth even mentioning.

i really haven't seen anything like what you've mentioned from anybody I'd consider in anyway moderate/sane, though.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2015, 05:38:25 PM »

I just see the way thingsare justified very different, obviously both are very wrong but lets say an EDL supporter says something similar to "fuck off home you pedophile" many many people will just disregard this as being a braindead guy who has no idea what he's talking about who is just racially preaching hate.

But many of the justifications I see from the Muslim community are basically saying "We've been told we have to do this, we're following our religion"

Here is a screen shot of a guy posting in Arabic(?) on an English facebook site, but luckily we have "translation" now to help us.

So it appears to every Atheist, Christian or Catholic that he is quoting the Quran and that he supports this, previous and further attacks. Now I find this way different to a stupid braindead English teenager writing something like "Allah is a pedo" or something that nobody will take attention of. This guy and many others posts make 1) The Western World generalise Islam and 2) Helps younger Muslims potentially jump on the hate train.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2015, 05:44:07 PM »

To be fair Pleno this translation could be anything - it's like when I find a transfer about Watford in Czech and put it in google translate and it comes out with

"Roberz hope seek Premiership shelter division Watford, fast second - problems with rhinos."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2015, 05:47:59 PM »

I just see the way thingsare justified very different, obviously both are very wrong but lets say an EDL supporter says something similar to "fuck off home you pedophile" many many people will just disregard this as being a braindead guy who has no idea what he's talking about who is just racially preaching hate.

But many of the justifications I see from the Muslim community are basically saying "We've been told we have to do this, we're following our religion"

Here is a screen shot of a guy posting in Arabic(?) on an English facebook site, but luckily we have "translation" now to help us.

So it appears to every Atheist, Christian or Catholic that he is quoting the Quran and that he supports this, previous and further attacks. Now I find this way different to a stupid braindead English teenager writing something like "Allah is a pedo" or something that nobody will take attention of. This guy and many others posts make 1) The Western World generalise Islam and 2) Helps younger Muslims potentially jump on the hate train.

3 likes in 17 hours.  Has a huge following bro.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2015, 05:52:15 PM »

The Koran is different from the Bible though (well, the New Testament anyway - the OT does have some mad shit in it), in that Mohammed wasn't some peace-loving hippy like Jesus - he was a warrior who would suggest that, yes, his guys should kill the enemy because he was fighting wars. This obviously is going to cause problems in the modern day when religious people take ancient writings literally - at least Jesus generally just told people to chill the fuck out and be excellent to each other (and yet many Christians still seem to fuck this up)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2015, 05:53:13 PM »

To be fair Pleno this translation could be anything - it's like when I find a transfer about Watford in Czech and put it in google translate and it comes out with

"Roberz hope seek Premiership shelter division Watford, fast second - problems with rhinos."

Hahahahahaha WP

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2015, 06:04:52 PM »

The Koran is different from the Bible though (well, the New Testament anyway - the OT does have some mad shit in it), in that Mohammed wasn't some peace-loving hippy like Jesus - he was a warrior who would suggest that, yes, his guys should kill the enemy because he was fighting wars. This obviously is going to cause problems in the modern day when religious people take ancient writings literally - at least Jesus generally just told people to chill the fuck out and be excellent to each other (and yet many Christians still seem to fuck this up)

Muslim extremists aren't the only ones to take words written hundreds of years of years ago and apply them today.

American gun nuts believe the second amendment giving them the right to "keep and bear arms", which was talking about the pop guns they were using 400 years ago, means they have the right to own and maintain an Uzi or a Kalashnikov.

There are nutters of all races, religons and ages unfortunately.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »

Muslim extremists aren't the only ones to take words written hundreds of years of years ago and apply them today.

American gun nuts believe the second amendment giving them the right to "keep and bear arms", which was talking about the pop guns they were using 400 years ago, means they have the right to own and maintain an Uzi or a Kalashnikov.

But isn't the point that there would be hardly anyboyd supporting the lunatic who followed (obviously incorrectly) from the bible whereas tens of thousands if not more are vocal/will think what the guys did yesterday was reasonable/correct?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2015, 06:46:07 PM »

But isn't the point that there would be hardly anyboyd supporting the lunatic who followed (obviously incorrectly) from the bible whereas tens of thousands if not more are vocal/will think what the guys did yesterday was reasonable/correct?

no you have lunatics with support from all religions just look at the far right in America picketing outside funerals for American service men saying all american soldiers deserve to die because of the governements pro gay stance

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: