blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:46:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Paris horror attack
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paris horror attack  (Read 51988 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 19, 2015, 05:59:55 PM »

It was only a couple of months ago that someone posted about Tunisia attacks and would they go to Tunisia, but look at last Friday's events and would you have gone to certain events that have been and gone or that are upcoming?

England v France - on Tuesday night

If France was at home on the Tuesday

Would you go to the Euro's in 2016 in France?

All of Europe, mainly England and France are saying "We won't be beat", but yet they are beating us. We walk around in fear. Paris is covered in fear, so is London and the same in other major cities. They definitely aren't winning and so on, but they are able to do what they wanted to do and terrify Europe. Yet all we are hear is that they will take IS down, but it won't happen.

But also, I always thought that I would always very likely thought Labour, but Jeremy Corbyn and has "no shoot" policy is absolutely stupid.

These terrorists do make it hard for themselves though, did they really think they would get into the stadium? But how did they get into the nightclub in Paris? I don't think they would ever get into big named nightclubs in London.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: November 19, 2015, 06:29:09 PM »

It was only a couple of months ago that someone posted about Tunisia attacks and would they go to Tunisia, but look at last Friday's events and would you have gone to certain events that have been and gone or that are upcoming?

All of Europe, mainly England and France are saying "We won't be beat", but yet they are beating us. We walk around in fear. Paris is covered in fear, so is London and the same in other major cities. They definitely aren't winning and so on, but they are able to do what they wanted to do and terrify Europe. Yet all we are hear is that they will take IS down, but it won't happen.

But also, I always thought that I would always very likely thought Labour, but Jeremy Corbyn and has "no shoot" policy is absolutely stupid.

These terrorists do make it hard for themselves though, did they really think they would get into the stadium? But how did they get into the nightclub in Paris? I don't think they would ever get into big named nightclubs in London.

yes his quote about requesting the Army dont shoot their guns in warzones was a step too far some would say 
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 19, 2015, 06:31:12 PM »

You don't think two men with kalashnikovs could get past a London doorman?

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 19, 2015, 06:36:47 PM »

You don't think two men with kalashnikovs could get past a London doorman?

I am sure they could - But they couldn't get into the football stadium in France.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2015, 06:47:05 PM »

terrorists are under equipped, they aren't going to attack fort knoxs because they know that will fail.

Soft targets, lots of people, induce fear, that is their recipe for a fun day out. They attack the city of London with bombs, we invest in defenses, change road layouts, building safety concepts. They attack planes, we adapt (utterly randomly) security procedures, they both adapt their attacks and move to different targets. They then moved to concerts/restaurants/museums all because they are soft targets.

The whole point is they are trying to cause fear, by attacking 'everyday occurrences', making you think about your every day life, scaring you.

Our response shouldn't and cant be to just militarise every moment of our waking lives. Intelligent rational responses based in an actual understanding of what has caused these actions, what we can do to mitigate them and how we can EFFICIENTLY protect ourselves in the future should be the way forward. We have been shown that surveillance of the whole world electronically, when justified by 'terrorism' but utitlised for 'economics and politics', is a sham. One we are paying for dearly both through reductions in true freedom and in terms of death toll.

It's a colossal shame that we are so unlikely to have any kind of reasonable response to the recent actions. It amazes me just how much of a negative influence the media is able to have on a supposedly well educated country.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2015, 09:18:11 PM »

Ticket sales were very good for the Football in the days after the attack. 70,000+ wandered up Wembley Way. Paris didn't become deserted overnight. Nor should anywhere. We are still more likely to be killed crossing the road than by a terrorist act.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 19, 2015, 10:19:02 PM »

Ticket sales were very good for the Football in the days after the attack. 70,000+ wandered up Wembley Way. Paris didn't become deserted overnight. Nor should anywhere. We are still more likely to be killed crossing the road than by a terrorist act.

I have asked like 10 people if they would have gone to the match after the events, they all said no. But all take their hats off to people who went.

But yeah, you're right David, but isn't the likelyhood that something still needs to be done? Because whilst it isn't, we just wait for "our turn".
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 19, 2015, 11:48:16 PM »

Love the phrase "something needs to be done" if there was a simple solution wouldn't we have done it by now?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 20, 2015, 12:00:09 AM »

Love the phrase "something needs to be done" if there was a simple solution wouldn't we have done it by now?

absolutely

There is no visible solution to this. Fanatics will, like the poor, the homeless and the sick always be with us. Let's set our sights on doing what we can for the poor, the homeless and the sick.
And let's do it in the face of whatever the fanatics care to throw at us.

Oh, and let's not waste money and lives throwing bombs at these people. Because a) it won't work, and b) it is inherently counter-productive.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 20, 2015, 12:20:52 AM »

Could someone answer a couple of questions for me:

1. Why exactly are ISIS targeting the West like this? This i actually don't get. Their priority was gaining power and control in Syria right? So why are they choosing now in particular to incur the wrath of the same parties who funded/trained them to fight against Assad?

2. What are the reasons that no country seems to be planning to go in on foot to ISIS strongholds in Syria and Iraq? 
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 20, 2015, 12:47:04 AM »

Again I think if we knew the answer to 1 we might be able to find a solution. Some will be brainwashed, some will be spooling for a fight, some will genuinely blame the west for their problems like people blame immigrants got theirs and some will genuinely believe they are doing Gods work. And that is why they are so difficult to stop.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 20, 2015, 01:04:06 AM »

1. Is as yet unclear I think.

The whole point of ISIS is to establish the caliphate and that was going well up until recently. The change in tact may well be to it now going tits up with air strikes and Kurds making headway so they need some good propaganda.

This attack was akin to the "Al-Qaeda" model who they won't give the time of day. Al-Qaeda has a faction in Syria who ISIS would ultimately wish to destroy too.

A lot of ISIS propaganda that we never see or hear about goes into convincing ordinary people to stay in Iraq/Syria and join them. Planting some fake Syrian passports to try to induce governments to restrict refugees may well have been a stated aim of the attack, and on that front it's worked..
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 20, 2015, 01:18:39 AM »

'London is covered with fear'? Hasn't seemed that way to me and, certainly less so than after the numerous terrorist attacks in the past.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 20, 2015, 01:19:22 AM »

'London is covered with fear'? Hasn't seemed that way to me and, certainly less so than after the numerous terrorist attacks in the past that have occurred right here.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 20, 2015, 01:45:12 AM »

Would you not say that people aren't worried in London about the current situation? I would say quite a few people around London are walking around the city and genuinely are worried.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: