blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:42:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Post a pic of where you are now
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post a pic of where you are now  (Read 133915 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: April 08, 2017, 01:12:24 PM »

Must've been quite a thing to be invited there, tell us about the meeting when you get a chance

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: April 09, 2017, 09:25:38 AM »

For reasons I am not at liberty to divulge, as they say in all the best cloak and dagger movies, I was asked to go to a meeting at the cabinet office on Friday. I've been to these do's before and they are very informal affairs, People rock up in anoraks, hoodies, jogging bottoms etc and no one bats an eyelid.

With this in mind I checked the weather forecast and found that they had given out sunshine. (that seems a strange phrase when you write it down, "They have given out sunshine" my gran used to say when I was little, or "They've given out wind and rain for tomorrow". It made me think there was a committee somewhere deciding what weather we would get the next day).

Anyway, I had to go to London, the weather was going to be good and I could wear casual clothing. What a great excuse to take Betty, my motor scooter, Bam a lam.

The meeting was scheduled for 14:30 so I had time to walk the dogs and have a leisurely breakfast before setting out at 10:30.

London is a fantastic destination for motorcyclists. There is no congestion charge, parking is free virtually anywhere, (I parked right in the middle of Whitehall) and you can use the bus lanes to help you filter through the traffic. You have to keep your wits about you, but weaving through all that hustle and bustle on a bright sunny day is so exciting.

By 13:00 I had arrived at my destination, so I stripped off my helmet and leather jacket and found a nice (and surprisingly cheap) pavement cafe where I spent the best part of the next hour watching the tourists take photographs. I could hear their excited babble as they passed my table, they were thrilled to be here and their enthusiasm rubbed off on me. I was thrilled to be here too.

Almost time for my meeting. I was secretly hoping it would be in Cabinet Office Briefing Room A, which would have made it a Cobra meeting. (Really. A Cobra meeting is just a meeting at the Cabinet Office in briefing room A).

I checked my invitation email again to see if I'd missed anything and was surprised to find another email, sent at 12 noon saying that the meeting had been moved to number 10 Downing Street an to make sure I brought photo ID.

Well I had no ID what so ever and there was no point sending me an email telling me to bring some while I was on a motorbike hurtling down the A5.

There was nothing I could do except present myself to the armed policemen on duty at plebgate and state my case. One of them listened to my story while the other fielded questions from the the tourists.
"Is the Queen in?"
"Ave you ever shot anyone wiv that gun?"

Technology is wonderful these days, even if it is a bit scary. They sent me into a little wooden security hut and scanned my face and fingerprints. Apparently, that was all they needed to confirm that I was me. Then I went through an airport stylee metal detector and I was free to wander off down Downing Street.

I presented myself at number 10 and the door opend before I had a chance to knock on it. I was told to leave my phone in one of a row of numbered pigeon holes and then I joined half a dozen other people who were slowly climing a wide staircase that was lined with dozens of black and white photographs of Prime ministers past.

So that's how I ended up in number 10 in my work boots.

He might be the most powerful man in the world, but I bet Donald Trump will never be able to say that.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 09, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »

What a great story. Well done Tom.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 09, 2017, 10:18:28 AM »

Lovely read.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: April 09, 2017, 10:56:56 AM »

Lovely read.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 09, 2017, 11:46:25 AM »

Good they still let you in even after confirming who you are.. tell us more..did they feed you ?

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: April 09, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »

Silver service type refreshments. Coffee and tea with those insoluble brown sugar cubes and Fortnum & Mason cakes. (vegetarian/nut-free option available on request)

The older I get, the better I was.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 09, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »

Great pic and great wordage as usual Tom.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 09, 2017, 12:43:56 PM »

You should start a diary Tom. That post would be a great entry.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 09, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »

Silver service type refreshments. Coffee and tea with those insoluble brown sugar cubes and Fortnum & Mason cakes. (vegetarian/nut-free option available on reques

What a life Smiley

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 09, 2017, 08:39:09 PM »

Matt and Glenn crushing itt Cheesy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: April 09, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »

Matt and Glenn crushing itt Cheesy