blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:45:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Changes in nottingham
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changes in nottingham  (Read 11963 times)
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 12:27:22 PM »

I might even be able to persuade my dad to come and play that...

(He's scared of live poker, bless him).

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 12:28:02 PM »

so how do we get the top brass at the Gala to listen to us small fish instead of the 'regulars' who are always consulted who already have 4 games a week?
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 12:33:35 PM »

Kick them in the shins?

Bugger off to Walsall who offer the type of game we're asking for?

Chuck a few grand on the magic roundabout?

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 12:36:03 PM »

1, who's shins? probably won't work

2, too far for the people I think would want to play

3, not one penny, EVER

perhaps asking Rob if it's worth writing a polite letter, and if so, who too.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 12:39:26 PM »

I think number is what they'd listen to most unfortunately.

I know that if they manage to get me and my mates in on a weekend we'll spend a nice amount at the bar (when we were at uni the bar staff knew what were drinking before we got to the bar  Cheesy). The problem is lots of them are put off by the 20 rebuyfests. A freezeout or 10 rebuy would suit them better. Lots would feel more comfortable with NL instead of PL aswell, as that is what they are used to.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 12:46:10 PM »

I reckon a 20 freeze would fill up every week and it wouldn't be the regular Sun/Mon/Thurs/Fri players, most of who I couldn't see bothering with 300-500 odd 1st prize. I think alot more would be spent at the bar. I'd deal a 20 NL game but am not upto a PL rebuy game. just not fast enough. so even if we couldn't get house dealers (very unlikely I'd think) I'm sure we'd get through if others felt the same.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 12:47:13 PM »

Another change, but one which has been implemented by the gaming board, is that if you are given a saver for 11th, you have to wait for the completion of the comp until you can get paid.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 12:48:53 PM »

Another change, but one which has been implemented by the gaming board, is that if you are given a saver for 11th, you have to wait for the completion of the comp until you can get paid.

That's crazy!

If you finish 10th do you have to wait? Or is it a case that the saver comes off 1st prize so you have to wait until that is paid out?

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 12:49:01 PM »

ditch the 11th place saver. hopefuly we'll get the flatter structure discussed before
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 12:49:44 PM »

it's because it comes off 1st prize and they're supposed to be paying the advertised structure
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 12:53:36 PM »

That's crazy!

If you finish 10th do you have to wait? Or is it a case that the saver comes off 1st prize so you have to wait until that is paid out?

No. It just applies to any savers that veer away from the offivial pay-out structure.

My brother came 11th last night and was paid by players rather than Rob.

It's the same ballpark as not allowing deals.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 01:02:34 PM »

Yes, it IS an oddity that Gala Notts concentrate on PL to the almost total exclusion of NL. As it happens, I much prefer PL - MUCH - but they ought to cater for all tastes. And please dont respond along the PL is better/worse than NL - post elsewhere if you wish, but this thread is about the buy in value of comps.

Oh, and when Rob responds - we KNOW he is gleefully soaking all this feedback up - perhaps he'd bring us up to date on where Gala are with regard to smoking or no smoking. It won't go away......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2005, 01:04:46 PM »

I think we're very fortunate to have Rob involved. almost feels like a man on the inside
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 01:08:45 PM »

Adam etc, do you think the extra punters who might come to a, say 20/30 NL Freezeout would play cash games say a  25 buy in/50 max buy in 1 blinds PLHE or PLHE/PLO round of each game after? I.e not a dealers choice exotic game/ rip off the gullible cash game?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 01:09:57 PM »

Yes, it IS an oddity that Gala Notts concentrate on PL to the almost total exclusion of NL. As it happens, I much prefer PL - MUCH - but they ought to cater for all tastes.

I do enjoy PL but for rebuy comps it can be hard on beginners, especially if they don't have big pockets. Things like not being able to raise enough UTG to protect your kings against people who don't care if they have another buy in. Things like this put the new players off, especially the ones who have been brought up on no limit - they have to learn live play and pot limit all at the same time and for some the 20 rebuy is too expensive to do this.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: