blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:19:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Changes in nottingham
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changes in nottingham  (Read 11934 times)
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2005, 01:11:23 PM »

Adam etc, do you think the extra punters who might come to a, say 20/30 NL Freezeout would play cash games say a  25 buy in/50 max buy in 1 blinds PLHE or PLHE/PLO round of each game after? I.e not a dealers choice exotic game/ rip off the gullible cash game?

I've never played cash @ notts (or live) but I would play in such a game (provided i had no concerns about the integrity of the game). I reckon straight NLHE would be the best bet for getting more people involved. From there they may be interested in a DC or ROE game.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2005, 01:11:39 PM »

My post above dropped "out of sync" as I took a long phone call, but it's still relevant I think.

But now we know that guys DO want the 10 & 20 jobbies. The place would be heaving, trust me. Gutshot have a cash game where the maximum sit down is 20 - it's ALWAYS full.

Will Gala take feedback, & will they take it from the right folks?

I know your concern here. And I know you worry about certain individuals who are, shall we say, self-serving, & not too wholesome.

Trust me. Gala Management ARE talking to a wide range of individuals, regular meetings, to get feedback from the "regular guys".

Give them time, they are getting there. And judging by the record number of players, they ain't doing too bad a job, either. A little tweaking here & there & the job's a good 'un.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2005, 01:13:27 PM »

..and another thing, slightly off tangent. I saw a flyer advertising SNGs at Notts. Did they ever get off the ground?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2005, 01:15:42 PM »

I think smaller buy in cash games might get a bit of business but 10 seat self dealt 10 STTs would be more popular. that's what most novices are playing and watching on TV after all
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 01:16:20 PM »

The 5 pound rebuys at the Gutshot are also manic affairs. Huge support.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2005, 01:19:21 PM »

so, Tikay, if I wanted to write a polite letter giving an opinion, who would I send it to? I love going to the Gala but what we're talking about here would be of great interest to me if it got off the ground. I'm serving my apprenticeship but would love to get some big game experience in without a major threat to my pocket.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005, 01:28:47 PM »

See, the groundswell of opinion for 10, even 5, comps, is HUGE. Don't worry, Gala are listening.

Adam, who to write to? My advice is don't write to anyone. The spoken word is 100 times more powerful, more persuasive, if delivered properly, and not in a raised voice style. It's very hard to convey nuances and mood in writing.

When we are both next at Gala on the same night, I will introduce you to the right people to speak to. Then you can say your piece. And you WILL be listened to.

And yes they having been having 10 SNG's. Very popular, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2005, 01:37:08 PM »

I appreciate that Tikay, but I also write a good letter. constructive and friendly in tone, I have some issues and suggestions Id like to bring up with them.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2005, 01:41:13 PM »

I still think speaking is better than writing, buit I'll drop you a PM giving you some info.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2005, 01:42:03 PM »

thanks, I'll probably do both.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2005, 02:28:10 PM »

The 5 rebuy in comp in Walsall regularly gets 120 + players.
Nightfly

my decision is final!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2005, 06:03:13 PM »

Yes...it's true i am here and listening, soaking up all this feedback and suggestion. Sometimes you guys really make my brain hurt!!! Undecided

I will try and answer most of the points raised in this thread.
First of all the schedule change on Sundays:

This was done after consultation with around 60 or so regular Sunday players. There was not one opponent to the suggestion of raising the buy in to 50.

This is not however a permanent change. We believe there is demand for a higher buy in competition in the area and perhaps for 50 the game will be improved/ be less of a 'crazy re-buy lottery'. We are constantly trying to improve our product and believe that this is a step in the right direction for providing a more varied schedule of weekly competitions. As has been mentioned many times before, the wholly Pot-Limit Re-Buy thing is a little repetetive week after week after week.

It is important to cater for new players and existing players alike, just as it is for larger and smaller pockets. Sunday and Monday are not 'new player nights' and the increase of the Sunday Entry was not seen as a move that would discourage new players.

So with 'new players with smaller pockets' in mind the next few weeks is likely to see the introduction of a 10 No-Limit Rebuy, specifically aimed at rookies (and many of our Pot-Limit experts are No-Limit rookies). This will most likely be on a Tuesday night with an earlier start than the other competitions. (probably 7ish)

If this is successful and well-supported then Friday may change to a No-Limit Comp.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2005, 06:41:01 PM »

Will the house be providing dealers for the 50 rebuy tourheys ?

If so I will be a regular again (not sure if that is a threat or a promise).

Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2005, 04:14:46 AM »

Thanks Rob.

I missed your response to the smoking issue.........

I know, I know, I AM a pain. But 9 out of 10 folks said they'd support a smoking ban. The 1 guy in 10 is delighted, but that leaves 9 unhappy bunnies. At every table.

I wont jump up and down, or shout and scream, or threaten. But I will keep gently reminding you. The blondeites spoke, & we have to follow it through now. Grosvenor banned smoking in just about ALL their card-rooms. The law will almost certainly MAKE you do it sooner rather than later.

Who'd be a Cardroom Manager, eh?

Keep it up Rob, you are doing brill.

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2005, 04:21:25 AM »

About smoking.........star city in sunny brum allow smoking in the cardroom if you stand up??
Bit strange really, everywhere else you must leave the cardroom (everywhere else i've been that is)
You can't smoke at the table but you can stand behind your seat and blow smoke at the rest of the players, just thought it was odd.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: