blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Changes in nottingham
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changes in nottingham  (Read 11942 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2005, 01:53:15 PM »

the point is we have plenty of rebuy games. I am a big fan of playing super tight in these games and Yikay is well aware I've finalled on several occassions for only 20 in a 20 rebuy game, giving me a huge profit with a win compared to the looser players. What we're after is a lowish buy in freezeout. I like rebuy games and I like PL ubut I also want a NL freezeout game and that's what I'll be lobbying for at Gala

I'm hoping for another 250 freezout. I heard rumours of a 250 rebuy, 1 rebuy max. Can anyone confirm this or/and give a date?
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2005, 01:56:47 PM »

The 50 freezeout on Tuesdays at walsall has proved consistantly popular (it was a result of member pressure i believe) though on Tuesday they did have their lowest turn out for a while.........probably why Red-dog (he can't play) Mcready finished second Huh?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2005, 01:57:37 PM »

saturday afternoon comp, that's tempting. more details please?

It's called 'rookie aftenoon'. Starts at 4:15. 10, Pot-Limit, Holdem. Max of 1 rebuy / add on.

The last 1 had 41 players and made 700. Top 3 got paid. 1st recieved 420.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2005, 02:00:03 PM »

Or read a report of it,
http://www.blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=495.msg10888#msg10888

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2005, 02:00:36 PM »

Followed by a normal 10 rebuy comp in the evening? I'm thinking of getting down there and playing soon.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »

sounds great
might well give that a shot in the next couple of weeks.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2005, 02:02:45 PM »

Check the schedule first though, today it's a supersat for tonights 300 freezeout

Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2005, 02:02:57 PM »

Ahha, nice link Ian. That takes you to the excellent report by The Wall. Well worth a re-visit.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2005, 02:05:03 PM »

When you redo the site you should have an archive/section for folks own tourny experiences

Of course not.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2005, 02:15:08 PM »

yeah, I've already asked Tikay about an 'other poker writers' section for those of us hwho like to write but don't want to go as far as our own blog.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2005, 04:36:16 PM »

Snoopy and those who are interested.

The other night one of the gala managers did a quick poll round a few of us regulars about an upcoming bigger event with regards to structure etc.  it was really good to be approached and asked by the management (who do actually admit that they don't always know best) what the best idea was for buy-in, structure etc.  I gave my opinions and advice on buy-in, format, advertising, clock and structure amongst other things and i know a lot of the others did (i belive he also spoke to Julian, Ash, the old fella and others that have played in lots of different comps at lots of different venues - I am told it will be announced soon once they have a feel for what is going to be the most popular - but a tip in advance - clear your diary for August BH weekend.
Greg
Nightfly

my decision is final!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2005, 06:19:40 PM »

I missed your response to the smoking issue.........

Yes... it is very conspicuous by its absence. My response at the moment would have to be:-   Huh?

The issue is in consideration by the management and is really so far out of my hands, it's unbelievable!

Hopefully the current public smoking debate will help to resolve this matter sooner rather than later

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2005, 06:35:22 PM »

Is that the same as with the dealer question then Nightfly ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Truth

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2005, 06:41:58 PM »

Snoopy and those who are interested.

The other night one of the gala managers did a quick poll round a few of us regulars about an upcoming bigger event with regards to structure etc. it was really good to be approached and asked by the management (who do actually admit that they don't always know best) what the best idea was for buy-in, structure etc. I gave my opinions and advice on buy-in, format, advertising, clock and structure amongst other things and i know a lot of the others did (i belive he also spoke to Julian, Ash, the old fella and others that have played in lots of different comps at lots of different venues - I am told it will be announced soon once they have a feel for what is going to be the most popular - but a tip in advance - clear your diary for August BH weekend.
Greg

August Bank Holiday is the Weekend of the original Poker4Charity event - the world famous North East Charity Shield and it's Pot Limit cousin the North East Charity Cup. That weekend is sacred. How dare they even think about encrouching on this most special of weekends.
Nightfly

my decision is final!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2005, 06:43:25 PM »

Is that the same as with the dealer question then Nightfly ?

the answer to that question is pending the outcome of my efforts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: