blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:04:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2015: every event, every stat.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2015: every event, every stat.  (Read 114960 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 07, 2015, 01:18:31 AM »

Incredible 3 month heater in 1998!  Makes deadman look ice cold!

Ha, Rydel was facing fields of 120 with maybe 5 good players.

Deadman is facing fields of 1200 with 500 excellent players.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion Deadman is the best tournament player ever from the UK.

What is the max price you would pay for 10% of him in the wsop main event?  5.0?  10.0? 20.0?

I don't think anyone has got as much as 5.0 edge on the field nowadays.

I'd snap pay 2.0 but would struggle to justify paying any more than 3.0

Just too many competent players.

10 years ago, half the field literally could not win. I'd be surprised if that figure was more than 10% now.

Swathes of players in the 0.9 to 1.1 range. I'm not buying action (except for a couple of friends with no juice) for the first time in 15 years.

Virtually everyone who is selling is over estimating their edge I think.

Jennifer Tilly puts it well:

‏@Jtillathekilla2 3h3 hours ago

Main Event. I am a table full of pros, including Ben Lamb, one time player of the Year. There are no amateurs any more. It's a myth.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 07, 2015, 01:32:39 AM »

Table of the Day for me, & huge fun to watch, was the one which Johnny Lodden shared with Albert Sapiano.

Albert had them gasping with his unique bet sizing.

Flop K-K-6, 800 in the middle, & Albert makes it 29,000.

Lodden looked a tad confused.

Last I saw, Lodden had gone, but Albert was still there, playing every hand, as per.

Love him to bits.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 07, 2015, 01:40:12 AM »

Table of the Day for me, & huge fun to watch, was the one which Johnny Lodden shared with Albert Sapiano.

Last I saw, Lodden had gone, but Albert was still there, playing every hand, as per.

Love him to bits.

What do you do With KJ on a board of KK6 when someone bets 29,000 into 800?

AK?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 07, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »

Three-time gold bracelet winner, DominikNitsche bags a top 15 stack in Flight B of the Main Event. 1,154 survived from 1716 entries

http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/14268%5CEv-68-Flight-B-Counts-by-Chips.pdf

470 of 741 through from day1a

http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/14268%5CEv_68_Flight-A-Counts-by-Chips.pdf

So far 2457 entries from days 1a and 1b

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 07, 2015, 12:31:36 PM »

Love him to bits.

AK?

Fold kj look for a better spot there's only 800 in the middle
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 07, 2015, 12:46:19 PM »

Love him to bits.

AK?

Fold kj look for a better spot there's only 800 in the middle

Yeah I think so. But it's a lot harder to fold AK.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 07, 2015, 09:29:38 PM »

Not heard as much discussion (mainly cause nobody has put a bet up on TFT!) about the numbers in the main this year. What are people thinking, up or down on last year?

I would have gone hard on the unders if any of the bookies had priced it up. Running scared after last year.

Field sizes in general have been down across the series as far as I am aware, cannot see the main increasing again.

Sky priced up the main numbers in categories, don't know then off the top of my head but I got 6401-6800 at 11/4 which I thought was ok, 6801-7200 was fav at 7/4 with outsiders either end.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 07, 2015, 09:44:18 PM »

Not heard as much discussion (mainly cause nobody has put a bet up on TFT!) about the numbers in the main this year. What are people thinking, up or down on last year?

I would have gone hard on the unders if any of the bookies had priced it up. Running scared after last year.

Field sizes in general have been down across the series as far as I am aware, cannot see the main increasing again.

Sky priced up the main numbers in categories, don't know then off the top of my head but I got 6401-6800 at 11/4 which I thought was ok, 6801-7200 was fav at 7/4 with outsiders either end.

Hope you win, Omm, personally, I think the number will be a good bit down on last years 6,683.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 07, 2015, 09:48:43 PM »

Love him to bits.

AK?

When someone bets or when albert bets 29000?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: July 08, 2015, 01:37:33 AM »

Hope you win, Omm, personally, I think the number will be a good bit down on last years 6,683.

Currently "well over 6,200" with over 3 hours left to register.

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/update/UJJ/second-break-for-record-setting-day-1c-field/

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: July 08, 2015, 06:24:57 AM »

WSOP ‏@WSOP  3 minutes ago
Flight C of the Main Event drew a record 3,963 entries, bringing the final number to 6,420. Prize pool will be announced shortly.

Nicely judged.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 08, 2015, 06:33:10 AM »

Flight C of the Main Event drew a record 3,963 entries, bringing the final number to 6,420. Prize pool will be announced shortly.

Nicely judged.

Thanks for the update mere, just been trying to find it myself, very close but a wins a win. Luvvery jubberly.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 08, 2015, 06:43:38 AM »

Nicely judged.

Thanks for the update mere, just been trying to find it myself, very close but a wins a win. Luvvery jubberly.

Apparently, there were some rounding errors, the actual number was 6,400.

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: July 08, 2015, 07:20:02 AM »

Nicely judged.

Apparently, there were some rounding errors, the actual number was 6,400.

If the number had been 6,400 then that would have been more of a squaring error than a rounding error.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 08, 2015, 07:23:28 AM »

I sense my bluff never got through.

Well done Omm, nice bet.

I honestly expected a much smaller number, maybe even sub 6,000. 

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: