blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:05:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)  (Read 97828 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 03:40:04 PM »

I think Mr Rob Yong is brilliant for poker and also people in party poker might actually listen to him, so this deal might be a great opportunity to improve party and have a strong second site and competitor for Stars. It is not good for poker to have one dominant site, so this is a great chance here to improve.

Basically I gave up with Party, but I have moved back to playing on there a bit since I lost the French sites but I do not trust them one bit.

Quick list of the things that party have done to their players in the last couple of years, some of which have already been mentioned.

1. In August 2013 Instituted a 3% withdrawal fee with no cap for many withdrawal methods overnight, therefore effectively stealing 3% of player balances
2. Absolutely terrible exchange rates and no options for multicurrency account, these exchange rates also extend to satellites which are in currencies other than $, so it would be a bit step to get tournaments ran in £ and accounts able to be held in £ if desired.
3. Twice they absolutely gutted their VIP programme, reducing the value or the points and the top level rewards. Again this was done without warning.
4. Inactive account fees. Basically they just take your money if you leave it there and don't play for a while. Shady behavior.

On the plus side, the rake is a bit lower for most tournaments and the software is not as bad as ipoker.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 03:48:03 PM »

The random number generator seemed less predictable than the Ipoker also.

Just wanted to quote this!

As stupid as that may sound, it is indeed the truth Sir!
Alonso

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »

Seriously I try to think one positive thing to say about this DTD's decision. Unfortunately I can't. With all due respect to what Rob done for live poker over the years, this PartyShocker decision just goes along the same line: as soon as DTD gets something right (live tournaments, buy inn levels even ipoker over older client), somebody is just very ken to press that 'self destruct' bottom for good measure. That happened in the past with deepstack buyinns, cancellation of XXL then they they getting 150+ a night and now this. I really wonder did DTD even attempted to do some market research like talking to customers? It is seriously difficult to believe that it has or even if they did it is hard to believe anybody supported this idea in numbers.

Cannot add a lot to the PartyPokers problems, as majority has been mentioned above, except the fact that some kind of additional malware is getting installed in pc/laptops as even after proper installations, I found some files 'nicely hiding' in laptop yer later.

Definately not going to use Party Poker and that is a shame, as it also will significantly limit attendance to DTD live tournaments (as I live far away, and would play major events just if satellite in).  

Basically not thought through decision at all.

Living a dangerous dream...
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 05:19:37 PM »

The party software is way better and dealing with one company is surely better than trying to get anything changed on ipoker. I don't see how you can say this is a bad decision. Neutral at worst.

Seriously I try to think one positive thing to say about this DTD's decision. Unfortunately I can't. With all due respect to what Rob done for live poker over the years, this PartyShocker decision just goes along the same line: as soon as DTD gets something right (live tournaments, buy inn levels even ipoker over older client), somebody is just very ken to press that 'self destruct' bottom for good measure. That happened in the past with deepstack buyinns, cancellation of XXL then they they getting 150+ a night and now this. I really wonder did DTD even attempted to do some market research like talking to customers? It is seriously difficult to believe that it has or even if they did it is hard to believe anybody supported this idea in numbers.

Cannot add a lot to the PartyPokers problems, as majority has been mentioned above, except the fact that some kind of additional malware is getting installed in pc/laptops as even after proper installations, I found some files 'nicely hiding' in laptop yer later.

Definately not going to use Party Poker and that is a shame, as it also will significantly limit attendance to DTD live tournaments (as I live far away, and would play major events just if satellite in).  

Basically not thought through decision at all.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 05:20:46 PM »

If the random number is predictable - ie you can predict what cards are going to come out, why don't you stay on ipoker and make all the monies?

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 05:23:18 PM »

If the random number is predictable - ie you can predict what cards are going to come out, why don't you stay on ipoker and make all the monies?

I would suggest you go back and read my originally post, and the circumstances I described.....

Anyway this is getting off topic, probably best to move this somewhere else or just not continue.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:26:12 PM by UgotNuts » Logged
mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 05:38:24 PM »

I have never played on party poker, but I do respect the opinions of hero members who clearly have used the software and know what they are talking about.
Wasn't there some fraud on the site many years ago when a software engineers on party poker, created a program to see whole cards?Huh?

I will give it a go though but will take all members opinions into consideration when navigating the site!!
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 06:44:59 PM »

Playing on Party compared to Stars, Full Tilt, Winamax and even 888 is such a ball ache. Whoever designed their software (which was supposed to be a revamp of their last software but actually they just changed the colours) clearly had no idea what they were doing.

If you could push them in the direction of redesigning their software I would recommend it, they will never be able be competitive with the software they have.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 06:54:29 PM »

Ipokers new software which is very similar to stars is in the development phase and will be out in a few weeks.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 07:04:50 PM »

I have never played on party poker, but I do respect the opinions of hero members who clearly have used the software and know what they are talking about.
Wasn't there some fraud on the site many years ago when a software engineers on party poker, created a program to see whole cards?Huh?

I will give it a go though but will take all members opinions into consideration when navigating the site!!

Think that was Ultimate Bet/ Absolute poker?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
aqualtis

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 07:23:16 PM »

Hi All,

Reading this with interest as I play a lot of Party satellite's, crazy 2 dollar 25k add on rebuys, these are such great fun and when winning a seat anywhere, the hospitality is great, loads of freebies, food, drink, player parties etc.

I am sure that if the Blondittes decend on these on mass, the live events will seem like a "Blonde Bash", these satts are full of regular players, I don't take long to suss out the playing styles.

Now a little boast if I may... Played a 2 dollar into a 50 dollar into a 500 dollar and that's me off to WPT Fallsview next week...GULP...I have only ever played a handful of 200 quid live buy in comps in my life, now I am in a 5k buy in against the "big boys and girls"

I cant wait tho, a once in a lifetime experience, thanks to the game we all love, maybe...just maybe...a Moneymaker Moment lies ahead...

I was charged to withdraw the spending money which was put into my account, but it was back on my card within 3 days, no complaints there.

Does seem to crash a lot, this is strange, been deep myself when this has happened, just got the buy in back.

All in all, a good site for WPT satellite's, I don't play much else myself TBH.

Good luck to you all, hopefully we meet up after we all win seats to Vienna or Milton Keynes or some other exotic WPT venue.

John
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 08:01:24 PM »

Think that was Ultimate Bet/ Absolute poker?

Not sure now but might be the one where you could just see part of the cards. Very pleased the RNG is unpredictable tho

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 08:02:41 PM »

Rob's blog post

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=4&id=511

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 08:21:57 PM »

party poker grand prix tour sounds incredible. £50 entry with 250k gtd, in different parts of uk, is going to appeal to so many people that cant afford time off work to go to nottingham for a weekend,stump up 300 quid plus travel, hotel food drink etc.

gl with this really hope it works out.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 08:32:25 PM »

Hi All,

Reading this with interest as I play a lot of Party satellite's, crazy 2 dollar 25k add on rebuys, these are such great fun and when winning a seat anywhere, the hospitality is great, loads of freebies, food, drink, player parties etc.

I am sure that if the Blondittes decend on these on mass, the live events will seem like a "Blonde Bash", these satts are full of regular players, I don't take long to suss out the playing styles.

Now a little boast if I may... Played a 2 dollar into a 50 dollar into a 500 dollar and that's me off to WPT Fallsview next week...GULP...I have only ever played a handful of 200 quid live buy in comps in my life, now I am in a 5k buy in against the "big boys and girls"

I cant wait tho, a once in a lifetime experience, thanks to the game we all love, maybe...just maybe...a Moneymaker Moment lies ahead...

I was charged to withdraw the spending money which was put into my account, but it was back on my card within 3 days, no complaints there.

Does seem to crash a lot, this is strange, been deep myself when this has happened, just got the buy in back.

All in all, a good site for WPT satellite's, I don't play much else myself TBH.

Good luck to you all, hopefully we meet up after we all win seats to Vienna or Milton Keynes or some other exotic WPT venue.

John

This made me giggle. Get vigged twice, once withdrawing from party then to change into the currency you need. Corporations suck.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: