blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:54:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Not a staking thread as such
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a staking thread as such  (Read 6269 times)
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 09:35:32 AM »

If the person made the money it would be split as follows

The buy in is returned to the blonde escro for another player to have an opportunity

This is the only bit I can see a problem with. The escrow service works great for ensuring the player gets the money but how can you be sure he'll give the winnings back?

Also, there is a core of regulars on here I would trust. What if a newish person or someone that we generally don't know that well has a big score? I'm not my trust goes that far...

Could always type up terms and conditions and a legally binding contact for nothing

Could any winnings not be split and paid to where they need to go by the cash desk?  I'm sure this could be arranged.

Surely Rob's staff are busy enough without taking on extra hassle. What happens if one of Rob's staff make an error splitting the winnings etc.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 09:37:42 AM »

If the person made the money it would be split as follows

The buy in is returned to the blonde escro for another player to have an opportunity

This is the only bit I can see a problem with. The escrow service works great for ensuring the player gets the money but how can you be sure he'll give the winnings back?

Also, there is a core of regulars on here I would trust. What if a newish person or someone that we generally don't know that well has a big score? I'm not my trust goes that far...

Could always type up terms and conditions and a legally binding contact for nothing

Could any winnings not be split and paid to where they need to go by the cash desk?  I'm sure this could be arranged.

Surely Rob's staff are busy enough without taking on extra hassle. What happens if one of Rob's staff make an error splitting the winnings etc.

I'm not even sure the GC rules would allow them to do that. It has the potential to get messy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 11:27:38 AM »

Nice idea    ....      only choose DTD comps and then get 'Rob's Mob' to note that the entrant is only entitled to 30% of any winnings - easy!

Not sure if DTD have many 5K buy in comps though. Could work for the WPT main though with travel and spending money included.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 11:52:06 AM »

Nice idea    ....      only choose DTD comps and then get 'Rob's Mob' to note that the entrant is only entitled to 30% of any winnings - easy!

Not sure if DTD have many 5K buy in comps though. Could work for the WPT main though with travel and spending money included.

Could even work better for 500/ 1k buy ins. A lot of people can't afford playing those or even the 300 on the reg, so even if it was for a 300, be more fun and a great sweat if there were 5/6 people playing it surely?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 12:09:44 PM »

Could even work better for 500/ 1k buy ins. A lot of people can't afford playing those or even the 300 on the reg, so even if it was for a 300, be more fun and a great sweat if there were 5/6 people playing it surely?

I like this idea the most, multiple entries in 300/500/1k buyins much better sweat and gets more people playing with s better chance of a return.

I've never got it.....ever
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »

Okay the majority that have posted to this are in favour of the concept

Perhaps because of the low numbers at the moment the suggestion of playing a £300 at DTD might be realistic though i would prefer a bigger tournament as i think it gives more edge.

With regards to holds the money it could be transferred to a long standing regular blonde member via pokerstars who could then buy in direct for any named person.

To be honest i am quite a trusting person and have no problems if the person cashes for them to honour the agreement if they do a runner we have lost a tenner.

Mike
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 08:02:48 PM »

the majority may be in favour but that doesn't mean blonde necessarily wants to host it, or want to be involved sorting any disputes

the 300 post rule on here is there for a reason, and this circumvents that.

the escrow arrangements are likely to be difficult, from experience. Quite a responsibility and admin for someone

it needs a lot more thought, to be honest.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »

Okay the majority that have posted to this are in favour of the concept

Perhaps because of the low numbers at the moment the suggestion of playing a £300 at DTD might be realistic though i would prefer a bigger tournament as i think it gives more edge.

With regards to holds the money it could be transferred to a long standing regular blonde member via pokerstars who could then buy in direct for any named person.

To be honest i am quite a trusting person and have no problems if the person cashes for them to honour the agreement if they do a runner we have lost a tenner.

Mike

How would playing a £5k ept give a random blonde player a 'bigger edge' than playing the £300 deepstack at dtd?  Is a random players expected roi higher in an ept than a £300 deepstack?
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 08:36:36 PM »

bit of negativity - it would take me 20 minutes to provide an escro account, no admin required its called using your accountancy firm who bill me every year whatever i do,

plus how this is trying to get round the STAKING rule is beyond me, and for the record i am not looking for staking and will never want to be staked as i am fortunate to be able enter all the tournaments i want
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 08:46:05 PM »

bit of negativity - it would take me 20 minutes to provide an escro account, no admin required its called using your accountancy firm who bill me every year whatever i do,

plus how this is trying to get round the STAKING rule is beyond me, and for the record i am not looking for staking and will never want to be staked as i am fortunate to be able enter all the tournaments i want

This isn't personal, more illustrative of a point but i am sure there would be concerns about someone with 21 posts holding the escrow account for however many members involved

this may be one of several issues. Not being negative for negative sake but in 10+ years myself and colleagues have seen all sorts of pitfalls in this arena

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 08:46:14 PM »

No disrespect mate but you are new here, no way people are gong to trust you to escrow or an account set up by you, we've been grimmed on here before a few times so our fingers are toasted already....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:51:23 PM by Woodsey » Logged
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 09:33:26 PM »

The idea of sweepstaking for a DTD 300 event is fine. But I certainly wouldn't want to admin it as it would be a nightmare.

Whilst I may well send to an escrow who is a long standing blonde I wouldn't even contemplate sending to a newbie poster.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 10:04:25 PM »

I'll volunteer to be the escrow. But it'll never happen for an EPT.

I think a DTD £300 deepstack is more realistic. 30 people send me a tenner, I do a random draw and whoever is drawn out plays with the payouts as suggested by OP. I can make sure whoever plays doesn't do a runner from DTD if they cash. It wouldn't be a "nightmare", it would take a bit of work but I like the idea of a blonde playing a comp they otherwise wouldn't have otherwise played, and playing it for blonde.

I don't think anymore than 30/40 people is realistic. Plus the deepstack is a comp anyone can win and people can play it even if they have a mon-fri job. EPTs are obviously way tougher and are abroad, last for 6/7 days (apparently) so much more travel expense and days off work that need to be booked.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:06:16 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 10:14:25 PM »

I was just pointing out that opening an escrow account is not difficult - not that i would hold it

Also my original post was to get something going thats different and give people an opportunity they might not get/have otherwise.

Perhaps it  is because i am old school and run all my business and social  affairs on trust and in 30 years i have only been f****d over once

So if you think its worth pursuing and your a long standing blonde member take up the challenge sorting at the admin is easy,

Things in life only be come complicated when people decide to put barriers up

Cheers

Written whilst reading post from cambridgealex  - good on you - i would be happy to help with admin putin the first £10/20 and subract myself from the first draw

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 10:17:29 PM »

I'll volunteer to be the escrow. But it'll never happen for an EPT.

I think a DTD £300 deepstack is more realistic. 30 people send me a tenner, I do a random draw and whoever is drawn out plays with the payouts as suggested by OP. I can make sure whoever plays doesn't do a runner from DTD if they cash. It wouldn't be a "nightmare", it would take a bit of work but I like the idea of a blonde playing a comp they otherwise wouldn't have otherwise played, and playing it for blonde.

I don't think anymore than 30/40 people is realistic.

Like this idea, don't think it's be too difficult too police, think as a 'rail' a Dtd 300 would be much more fun, have other people playing and other blondes from the escrow on the rail. I'm defo on for it if it happens

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: