blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:22:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Not a staking thread as such
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a staking thread as such  (Read 6259 times)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 08:51:11 AM »

I'll volunteer to be the escrow. But it'll never happen for an EPT.

I think a DTD £300 deepstack is more realistic. 30 people send me a tenner, I do a random draw and whoever is drawn out plays with the payouts as suggested by OP. I can make sure whoever plays doesn't do a runner from DTD if they cash. It wouldn't be a "nightmare", it would take a bit of work but I like the idea of a blonde playing a comp they otherwise wouldn't have otherwise played, and playing it for blonde.

I don't think anymore than 30/40 people is realistic. Plus the deepstack is a comp anyone can win and people can play it even if they have a mon-fri job. EPTs are obviously way tougher and are abroad, last for 6/7 days (apparently) so much more travel expense and days off work that need to be booked.

Happy to be involved in this, maybe we can try and get this rolling for the next  300 deep stack? Perhaps the winner of the draw can wear a blonde t shirt or something to help promote the site. (I assume we are all for increasing numbers on here ?)
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 10:22:13 AM »

I would be interested in this, already play in one society (BCPC) where the aim is get players into bigger tournaments than they can normally afford.

Enforcing payments can be the tricky bit, as not 100% on the legal status of any arrangement, but as has been pointed out you only lose a £10.

Would make sense that rather than a % going to Blonde that % goes back to those who put the money up, with a % being retained to boost the available pot.

However, that could create a lot of admin in working out who had an interest in each deal?.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 10:28:47 AM »

I think a DTD £300 deepstack is more realistic. 30 people send me a tenner, I do a random draw and whoever is drawn out plays with the payouts as suggested by OP. I can make sure whoever plays doesn't do a runner from DTD if they cash. It wouldn't be a "nightmare", it would take a bit of work but I like the idea of a blonde playing a comp they otherwise wouldn't have otherwise played, and playing it for blonde.

I don't think anymore than 30/40 people is realistic. Plus the deepstack is a comp anyone can win and people can play it even if they have a mon-fri job. EPTs are obviously way tougher and are abroad, last for 6/7 days (apparently) so much more travel expense and days off work that need to be booked.

thanks Alex, this looks realistic and feasible, if you don't mind taking it on

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 01:05:51 PM »

Just a percentage breakdown idea for a winning player....

40% to the player
30% returned to the pot
30% for Blonde

I assume this will be done on a monthly basis if it goes ahead and everyone involves chips in a £10 a month. If all goes well and we have a few scores we could use the % returned to Pot towards a Blonde Bash, or have more than one runner per month if the pot allows for it.

This is under the presumption the stakes don't want a return on investment and are happy for it to spin up to allow more players to be staked per month. Which I personally would be happy to do.

Based on last months DTD £330.00, based on a staked player winning outright, and 33 backers if we took out share out we would be looking at £243.18 back each based on a 30% share divided between the backers.
Killer River

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2015, 04:43:49 PM »

The £300 deepstack sounds a lot more of a realistic option, sounds like this could be good fun. It would be nice if there was updates on blonde to see how the chosen player is doing, i miss them live updates  Sad. I would be up for donating a ten sheet for this now there is a credible blonde up for doing the admin.

but the fact you chose "disney songs on youtube" over HEM and then lost 12 bis when you know you should lose 4 maximum just shows a massive sign of disrespect
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 11:21:11 PM »

thanks Alex, this looks realistic and feasible, if you don't mind taking it on

+1, happy to be involved in this if this happens!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: