blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Online poker is not rigged - but might have flaws
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online poker is not rigged - but might have flaws  (Read 7935 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 12:52:26 PM »

'Stars have dealt 100 billion (?) hands so far, & nobody has ever managed to find a single hand that has been anything other than correct & proper.

You'd think that with 100 billion pieces of evidence, & a lot of bright people across the globe, including all those inquisitive minds on 2+2, someone would have spotted any jiggery-poker by now.

They have not.

Spouting all this riggie stuff does poker no favours.

I see it every day Next Door, "it's rigged, bla bla", but it has been many years since we've seen such a post on blonde.

Amazing, really, the way people's minds work.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 12:54:37 PM »

surprisingly the only site you dont win is also the one with the toughest fields. shock horror!

HH's on stars are also extensively datamined. mainly by the thousands of players with tracking software. these databases are huge and no bias has ever been flagged up by anyone, ever. never.

HH's are also datamined by companies who sell these HH's. again, millions of hands and no bias has been found by anyone, ever. not once. never.

the data is there. if there was a trend for more rivered aces then it would be flagged.

your not winning on stars over a large sample simply isnt due to them adjusting river frequecies to squash you. it probably isnt down to you being unlucky. stars is a tough field in certain formats / buyins. if you are a losing player there the regs will have software that will actively try and get them into your SNG. you will be targetted by the better players in your games. their seating software looks for reg / rec ratios and will sit them into any SNG with x-number of losing players already regged. as a losing player onn stars you are likely being hunted by better players. and the winning players on stars are generally better than the winning players on other sites at the same buy in. id wager that is why you stuggle there.

you are not special.

pokerstars doesnt care if you win or lose

the universe doesnt care if you win or lose.

sites dont rig action decks.

if they did it would show up in peoples databases

people have databases

it hasnt shown up

ever

So, what you saying?

The game is finally straight.  Conclusive proof!
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »

if someone wants to claim pokerstars is rigged and be taken seriously all they have to do is prove it

luckily, this is very easy to do:

purchase a few million hand histories from a datamining site

import them to tracking software

run the numbers.

you now get to uncover THE biggest scandle in the history of online poker, and a story that will go mainstream.

easy game.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 06:17:13 PM »

there is a search function
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 08:45:03 PM »

On my OP is said online poker is not rigged - suggest people read post before they spout that i am saying its rigged, a flaw is a different thing completely

Also all these companies pay for there audits they are not independently audited.

A bit like the banks - who were all audited and then suddenly found that after years of been told they were all financially stable the majority ended up been in dire straits.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 08:55:31 PM »

On my OP is said online poker is not rigged - suggest people read post before they spout that i am saying its rigged, a flaw is a different thing completely

Yes, but the 'flaws' you suggest, (more gutshots hitting, aces on the river) are exactly the same as given out by the poker is rigged brigade. Difficult to spot the difference.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 09:14:19 PM »

There are millions of diamonds in the world but even the ones classes as flawless have flaws in them.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 09:56:24 PM »

Nope, the maths behind the rng is independently audited. You could even audit it yourself, if you wanted to.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 11:00:14 PM »

There are millions of diamonds in the world but even the ones classes as flawless have flaws in them.

Of course poker software has flaws in it. Sites freeze, crash, disconnect etc... every day.
Why pick on the RNG first? Probably the least likely bit to have major issues, given the formal audits, and informal audits (player tracking), that it is subject to.

It's unlikely that you will get much favourable response on here, unless you have some decently researched evidence.
That's nothing personal against you, just that most BP posters have played a decent chunk, and have heard most of the theories previously.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 11:34:23 PM »

Of course poker software has flaws in it. Sites freeze, crash, disconnect etc... every day.
Why pick on the RNG first? Probably the least likely bit to have major issues, given the formal audits, and informal audits (player tracking), that it is subject to.

It's unlikely that you will get much favourable response on here, unless you have some decently researched evidence.
That's nothing personal against you, just that most BP posters have played a decent chunk, and have heard most of the theories previously.

Good positive reply - was not picking on RNG - was just trying to emphasise that there is no such thing as perfection anything that involves the human will always have some flaws - i play online and mainly on pokerstars - cant win there but it doesnt put me off playing - anomalies happen
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 09:20:59 AM »

Sngs on stars are tough, but not due to any flaws in the software. Its the player pool that makes it tough. As a losing player any lobby you reg for is more likely to attract winning regs with registration software that looks for losing players.

Given its the most extensively datamined pokersite out there I would wager that over a significant sample card distributions would resemble those expected by chance alone almost exactly.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 09:37:20 AM »

Good positive reply - was not picking on RNG - was just trying to emphasise that there is no such thing as perfection anything that involves the human will always have some flaws - i play online and mainly on pokerstars - cant win there but it doesnt put me off playing - anomalies happen

In addition what you were effectively saying was that some points didn't seem random. The link in the initial reply was just an illustration to demonstrate that when things are actually random - they don't seem random.

The only way that a poker site could make themselves appear totally random would be if they actually did rig it.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 11:03:20 AM »

In addition what you were effectively saying was that some points didn't seem random. The link in the initial reply was just an illustration to demonstrate that when things are actually random - they don't seem random.

The only way that a poker site could make themselves appear totally random would be if they actually did rig it.

I think a rigged poker site would actually be really popular.

If people won literally one of every two coin flips you played I suspect most players would be much happier than losing 6 in a row then winning 3 in a row then losing 2 winning 3 etc etc
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 01:06:46 PM »

you'd have some boss meta game going on.

as once you win one flip, you would not take another as you would be guarenteed to lose it. also having lost a flip you would be itching to take another as you would be guarenteed to win the next one.

if you saw someone win a flip and then go allin you would then assume that they had AA or some hand that was +50% as you would know that having won their last flip they would be guarenteed to lose the next one. so they would be unlikely to have 22, AK etc.

but then what if they know that you know that...

how would it handle 53% or 37% equity,  though?
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 01:43:54 PM »

you'd have some boss meta game going on.

as once you win one flip, you would not take another as you would be guarenteed to lose it. also having lost a flip you would be itching to take another as you would be guarenteed to win the next one.

if you saw someone win a flip and then go allin you would then assume that they had AA or some hand that was +50% as you would know that having won their last flip they would be guarenteed to lose the next one. so they would be unlikely to have 22, AK etc.

but then what if they know that you know that...

how would it handle 53% or 37% equity,  though?

Brilliant. I love this. Although sadly you've killed my dream of launching riggedpoker.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: