blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:55:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Dog food question
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dog food question  (Read 4834 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 08:48:27 AM »

Here you go Tom

Click to see full-size image.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 09:36:56 AM »

Half a small cooked chicken, two chopped carrots, a good handful of biscuit mixer and nearly eleven years of the happiest, shiniest dog around.

Occasional treat meal would be boiled tripe, peas and rice.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »

Here you go Tom

Thanks Dave.

Nice composition in shot A.

Lovely healthy looking springer and a good practical mowing edge in shots B&C.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 09:44:40 AM »

Half a small cooked chicken, two chopped carrots, a good handful of biscuit mixer and nearly eleven years of the happiest, shiniest dog around.

Occasional treat meal would be boiled tripe, peas and rice.

That's interesting.

How does it work in practice, do you buy your chicken ready cooked or do you cook it yourself?

How much do you cook/buy at a time?

Do you store it, and if so how?

What about the carrots?

Is your mixer just mixer or one of the complete foods that looks like mixer?

TIA.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 09:48:55 AM »

Given the way this thread has moved (stools, composition, photos) God forbid someone starts a "Human food question" thread.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 12:51:10 PM »

For the love of God, please don't give anyone ideas. It would be a natural progression from the fry-up thread I suppose.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »

Thanks Tom, I can't take credit for the mowed edge becausr we were at the park

She's a Cocker btw, although you aren't the first to think Springer

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 04:35:52 PM »

Big Ron gets dried food in the morning which is just thrown all over the garden. It takes him about half an hour to find it all by which time he's ready to go back to sleep while I'm at work. Also gets him using his nose productively every day which is great for him.

In the evening he has a frozen chicken carcass, frozen mixed offal or just some more of his dried food (again scatter fed).

The carcasses come in a box of 50 carcasses for a fiver which is amazing value. There's a lot of meat on them as well as soft bones so a really good meal.

The offal/trim comes from the butchers. It's about twenty quid for 15 kilos or so. I also get a bag of mixed bones which is all thrown in to a huge bucket, mixed up and then divided in to 200g bag before freezing. I try to give him the raw food at least 5 times a week. In summer I'll put it in a 'Kong' which he chews on for hours trying to get at the meat.

His dried food is Trophy. It's strange but he actually loves it enough that I can train him using the individual pellets. They don't taste that great to me but he obviously loves them.

His shits are amazing. If you want I'll bring a couple to DTD for you to examine next time you're there.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 06:02:35 PM »

Big Ron gets dried food in the morning which is just thrown all over the garden. It takes him about half an hour to find it all by which time he's ready to go back to sleep while I'm at work. Also gets him using his nose productively every day which is great for him.

In the evening he has a frozen chicken carcass, frozen mixed offal or just some more of his dried food (again scatter fed).

The carcasses come in a box of 50 carcasses for a fiver which is amazing value. There's a lot of meat on them as well as soft bones so a really good meal.

The offal/trim comes from the butchers. It's about twenty quid for 15 kilos or so. I also get a bag of mixed bones which is all thrown in to a huge bucket, mixed up and then divided in to 200g bag before freezing. I try to give him the raw food at least 5 times a week. In summer I'll put it in a 'Kong' which he chews on for hours trying to get at the meat.

His dried food is Trophy. It's strange but he actually loves it enough that I can train him using the individual pellets. They don't taste that great to me but he obviously loves them.

His shits are amazing. If you want I'll bring a couple to DTD for you to examine next time you're there.

I love the scatter feeding idea.

Are the chicken carcasses frozen when you feed them?

Yeah, bring the shits. If you find a really big one we might persuade Tony to do a slump test on it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 06:05:15 PM »

Here you go Tom

Thanks Dave.

Nice composition in shot A.

Lovely healthy looking springer and a good practical mowing edge in shots B&C.

I can't believe she's a cocker. She must have a lot of  working stock in her pedigree.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 06:20:03 PM »

Yeah, bring the shits. If you find a really big one we might persuade Tony to do a slump test on it.

Scatter feeding is brilliant although obviously has its drawback when the weather isn't great. Ron hasn't had a food bowl since he was about 6 months old and he still gets excited and bounces around when it's time to launch his breakfast.

Yes the carcasses are frozen when he eats them. He doesn't actually like unfrozen raw chicken for some reason, I think it's the texture he isn't keen on.

I'm due to buy a new batch soon so if you want to try a few let me know and you can have a sample.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 01:30:56 AM »

Scatter feeding is brilliant although obviously has its drawback when the weather isn't great. Ron hasn't had a food bowl since he was about 6 months old and he still gets excited and bounces around when it's time to launch his breakfast.

Yes the carcasses are frozen when he eats them. He doesn't actually like unfrozen raw chicken for some reason, I think it's the texture he isn't keen on.

I'm due to buy a new batch soon so if you want to try a few let me know and you can have a sample.

This is getting ridiculous.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: