blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:35:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  WSOP -- 1st Hand
Poll
Question: If you are dealt KK first hand at the WSOP ME and someone in middle position moves all-in for 10k with blinds at 25/50, would you call or fold?
Call
Fold

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP -- 1st Hand  (Read 12091 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2008, 12:52:08 AM »

Anyone folding AA in this spot ?

I was thinking about this the other day but not if I would do it. Personally I would have to instacall with AA or KK in any tournament even the ME.

I was thinking more about what Phil Hellmuth would do in this situation. I've seen him make some huge lay downs because he's so confident of his ability to play well over the 7 days and pick better spots once he knows everyone's games.

Even with AA I think Hellmuth would lay this down but it's because he doesn't need the early double up. Even if he's 80% favourite I think he wouldn't risk that 20% chance of someone hitting just for another 20k in a tournament with a zillion chips in play.

Anyone agree or am I talking shite??

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2008, 02:26:33 AM »

I was thinking about this the other day but not if I would do it. Personally I would have to instacall with AA or KK in any tournament even the ME.

I was thinking more about what Phil Hellmuth would do in this situation. I've seen him make some huge lay downs because he's so confident of his ability to play well over the 7 days and pick better spots once he knows everyone's games.

Even with AA I think Hellmuth would lay this down but it's because he doesn't need the early double up. Even if he's 80% favourite I think he wouldn't risk that 20% chance of someone hitting just for another 20k in a tournament with a zillion chips in play.

You are talking shite mate, i would bet my entire life that Hellmuth would snap it so hard with Aces v 1 player, whenever in the tourn.

Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2008, 03:52:10 AM »

call,lose,brothel

fyp

why waste the same on a lapdance when you can get your end away?

A great post, fixed to an even better post.
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2008, 03:53:58 AM »

You are talking shite mate, i would bet my entire life that Hellmuth would snap it so hard with Aces v 1 player, whenever in the tourn.

Horneris is wrong. He would double pike backward flip fist pump, and then call so hard.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2008, 04:23:10 AM »

call,lose,brothel

fyp

A great post, fixed to an even better post.

claimer delivers
Solver

I don't like to fold!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2008, 07:40:41 AM »

I'm folding the KK first had vs 1.

All those people who said they would call answered their own question when they said "why would anyone with aces push in that position".  The only hand I'm pushing pre with that early is Aces.

With regards the AA thing I'm pretty sure I've see hellmuth say he would call.  There was a video on Gutshot a few years back where they asked all the pro's what they would do with the AA and I think it was 6 pushes before 1st hand of ME.

They all par one (Mike the mouth I think) said they would call even though they know they are not favourite.  Their justification was if they call the volume of chips if it holds up would allow them to play the rest of the tournament to the best of their ability and have much better chance of going deep.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2008, 09:09:19 AM »

Virtually everyone since i bumped this yesterday says call, but the poll is still going up equally... umm... Silent nits...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2008, 09:13:15 AM »

Virtually everyone since i bumped this yesterday says call, but the poll is still going up equally... umm... Silent nits...

not everyone, the same people keep repeating themselfs

easy fold, next
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »

If there's been no action and all in i'm not sure i can fold here although id spew when i called and he showes aces.Expect for dingdells post about her all in play which i accept for her reasoning imo anyone who makes this type of play i.e pushing all in for 20+bb in early levels is blatantly just a donk it is one of the worst plays in poker imo.I'm going to vote call as i believe that is the correct play however if i was in the situation i believe i wouldnt have it in me to make the call and would probably bottle it

I like this thought about it being a donk play.

If you truely believe this, then why would you call and give the donk a chance to get lucky?

Wouldnt it be better to outplay him ?

As for me, Im folding.

Also with the AA scenario  (7 all ins) - im defo folding that one.

lolz at imaginary 300% edge on the field

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2008, 02:50:47 PM »

Horneris is wrong. He would double pike backward flip fist pump, and then call so hard.

I really must stop posting when I come in from the pub. No good ever comes of it  Grin

Thanks for putting me in my place 

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »

call,lose,brothel

fyp

ldo i feel so stupid now thx 4 the correction
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »

KK goes in the bin.  Thats only cos Im scared money!  Might even turn my hand over before I decide to get a reaction out of him, heard u can do that these days.....

AA, OOOO tough one but I think I would call that one...
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2008, 05:32:05 PM »

KK goes in the bin.  Thats only cos Im scared money!  Might even turn my hand over before I decide to get a reaction out of him, heard u can do that these days.....

AA, OOOO tough one but I think I would call that one...

have i played you in Walsall festival? You deffo were not scared money and im still suprised at all the folders.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2008, 06:01:51 PM »

If there's been no action and all in i'm not sure i can fold here although id spew when i called and he showes aces.Expect for dingdells post about her all in play which i accept for her reasoning imo anyone who makes this type of play i.e pushing all in for 20+bb in early levels is blatantly just a donk it is one of the worst plays in poker imo.I'm going to vote call as i believe that is the correct play however if i was in the situation i believe i wouldnt have it in me to make the call and would probably bottle it

If you truely believe this, then why would you call and give the donk a chance to get lucky?

As for me, Im folding.

Where do you get 300% edge on the field?

The AA debate has been discussed to death already btw
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2008, 12:45:30 PM »

As for me, Im folding.

Where do you get 300% edge on the field?

The AA debate has been discussed to death already btw

Stanleys Luton?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: