blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:15:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  What did Ali Mallu do?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What did Ali Mallu do?  (Read 11673 times)
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 04:28:09 PM »

i think he does just have a genuine love for the game.

Well he enjoys it, but I think he just loves gambling.

definitely that

I've never got it.....ever
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 10:20:15 PM »

Love Ali, he's such a pleasure to be around on either a blackjack table or the poker table. He won't pay savers, he won't do deals, but he won't ever moan and groan when he misses our or bubbles, etc.

A bloody donk though, mind you.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 12:34:59 AM »

probably not the correct thread but out of interest.  If someone won a main event package with sky and also a main event package with another site that have similar conditions to sky (wear a patch, non-transferrable, cant get the cash) how would it be resolved?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »

probably not the correct thread but out of interest.  If someone won a main event package with sky and also a main event package with another site that have similar conditions to sky (wear a patch, non-transferrable, cant get the cash) how would it be resolved?

Hi Paul,

Sorry, only just seen this.

Disclaimer, this is my personal view only.

Interesting.

The patch

Well you & I both know the position there. The T & C's state you must wear it, but if I approached you midway through Day 1 & you had a mountain of chips & no patch, (I would not, of course, that'd be naughty) what exactly would happen? Exactly.

I do think both parties - player & site - should behave fairly & properly towards each other, if the deal says "you gotta wear a patch", then the player should. He'd expect every ounce of his entitlement from the site, so it cuts both ways. 

Non-transferable

The Sky Poker T & C's are very clear on this, it's "non-transferable" as far as they are concerned. In reality, it does not matter much, because.....

The Cash

That's a complete non-starter. The way the Sky Poker deal is structured, when you qualify, they send you £1,000, supposedly "flight & expenses".

They book you a room at Palazzo Hotel.

The Main Event entry?

I'm not 100% sure how this is done, but as far as I can see, you never see that $10,000 entry money - Sky arrange for you to be entered "directly", & will have paid the WSOP cage the $83,300 for their 5 Main Event & 30 Side Event qualifiers. Presumably, they register the players, too. I don't actually know how that works, usually we buy the players in for cash, sort of accompany them to the reg cage, but its different this year, & I am pretty sure you'll never see the $10,000 of folding money.

If in doubt, I suggest you speak to Customer Care, or even better, drop them an e-Mail. Always better to get this stuff in writing, imo.

I suppose you could always stop winning all these packages left right & centre. Bang out of order.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doctorfiasco

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 07:37:21 AM »

Ha yea leave some for somebody else ;-)
Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 09:36:21 PM »

Sorry to continue this thread hijack Tikay,

Regarding the VIVA Las vegas package:

Do you have to travel over on the 4th July, or would the 5th suffice?

I really want to play these satellites, but obviously don't want to invest time and money towards a prize that I can't actually utilise.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 09:45:18 PM »

Another of my little "Latest News" pieces for Next Door. Bit of spam in it, but not much.

http://bit.ly/1ECs3Jt

Quite how I came to call Paul "Boba Fett" McTaggart "James" I've yet to work out.

Hi Tony
Is there anyway you could copy and paste your articles and send to me please ,as I would enjoy reading them but im unable to open the links due to the Great Firewall of China Sad
Bump

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 09:48:00 PM »

I really want to play these satellites, but obviously don't want to invest time and money towards a prize that I can't actually utilise.

Hi,

You can travel any day you wish, I would assume. Your hotel room (for that package) will just be vacant that night presumably.. Probably best to let someone know in advance though, in case they let the room go.

You book your own flight, using the cash they send you for flight and exes.

As far as I can see, all that you miss if you go out on July 5th is the 4th July party, which is a sort of mixture of Welcome Party and Independence Day knees up.

Make sure you arrive in time for the Main Event though. Be a bummer to miss that.

Good luck, be great if you could qualify.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 09:49:07 PM »

Another of my little "Latest News" pieces for Next Door. Bit of spam in it, but not much.

Quite how I came to call Paul "Boba Fett" McTaggart "James" I've yet to work out.

Hi Tony
Is there anyway you could copy and paste your articles and send to me please ,as I would enjoy reading them but im unable to open the links due to the Great Firewall of China Sad
Bump

Bugger, sorry Craig, clean forgot.

I will try and send them across in the morning.

Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »

Hi,

You can travel any day you wish, I would assume. Your hotel room (for that package) will just be vacant that night presumably.. Probably best to let someone know in advance though, in case they let the room go.

You book your own flight, using the cash they send you for flight and exes.

As far as I can see, all that you miss if you go out on July 5th is the 4th July party, which is a sort of mixture of Welcome Party and Independence Day knees up.

Make sure you arrive in time for the Main Event though. Be a bummer to miss that.

Good luck, be great if you could qualify.

Thanks Tikay!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 12:55:30 AM »

SO the 10k package is for the main?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 04:01:51 AM »

Hi Tony
Bump

Bugger, sorry Craig, clean forgot.

I will try and send them across in the morning.
Thank you

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 12:51:06 AM »

It's like a right of passage into live poker tournaments in the UK. If I had a pound coin for every time a young guy who is in his first year on the live circuit has come up to me and started his sentence with "Oh MY GOD, you won't believe what Ali Mallu did to me..."

He's been playing local comps in North england and £300+ live comps in the UK since before I was born, I think VERY early on he realised that if youplay very aggressive and put constant pressure on people, then you accumulate so many chips very quickly, sure every so often you end up getting your money in a bit ropey but usually by then you've got 5x anyone else anyway...

The problem Ali has is that as of about 4 years ago this system is frequently seen and well known, and he is VERY well known as being a complete lunatic and people, even not so good players know how to play vs him, like you don't fold TT pre-flop vs Ali Mallu, dont worry about the action, you just don't...

Ali has, unfortunately not really found any way to combat the fact that a great number of players are comfortable playing his style and know how to beat it, so when people suggest there is some subtle ingenuity to his play, he makes people think he's nuts when actually he's composed and calculated then its just not true, he's played this way for 20 years and this is how he plays. That being said, many people (even good players) often play very badly vs him, and he is utterly fearless which is a huge attribute deep in tournaments so I'm never surprised when has big chips in a tournament.

He's a fun guy too - he once explained his blackjack strategy to me in detail...  *

*I still use the Ali Mallu BJ system, it's fun Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: