blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:01:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Mayweather v Pacquiao - 2 May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mayweather v Pacquiao - 2 May 2015  (Read 17478 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2015, 03:41:03 PM »

How would the Khan fight be priced up?

Similar to last night I'm thinking?

Certainly think Khan gives him more trouble than Pacman did but  Mayweather would still do enough.

Floyd a lot shorter. Public money meant he went off at an inflated price as the public love Manny. The public don't particularly rate or like Khan. Many of them still remember him flat on his back after being sparked by Prescott. Mayweather no bigger than 2/5.

Bazza you think the Khan fight will be made?

Khan has Ramadan in September so sorta rules that month out although Mayweather said he will fight again in September.

I'm not convinced however there aren't all that many options out there for him. Khan not being able to fight in September is an obvious barrier.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2015, 03:52:08 PM »

Certainly think Khan gives him more trouble than Pacman did but  Mayweather would still do enough.

Floyd a lot shorter. Public money meant he went off at an inflated price as the public love Manny. The public don't particularly rate or like Khan. Many of them still remember him flat on his back after being sparked by Prescott. Mayweather no bigger than 2/5.

Khan has Ramadan in September so sorta rules that month out although Mayweather said he will fight again in September.

I'm not convinced however there aren't all that many options out there for him. Khan not being able to fight in September is an obvious barrier.

The list of credible names is really short. By default Miguel Cotto must be up there and he was more a of live runner in the last Mayweather sweepstakes than Khan was.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2015, 03:57:57 PM »

What's happened to Danny Garcia ?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2015, 03:59:19 PM »

Is Khan even anywhere near his stratosphere to be in consideration? I always got the impression that he was better about talking himself up than he actually is, but then again I don't know a huge amount about boxing...
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2015, 04:10:33 PM »

Is Khan even anywhere near his stratosphere to be in consideration? I always got the impression that he was better about talking himself up than he actually is, but then again I don't know a huge amount about boxing...

Khan and Brook fill spots 3,4, or 5 in anyone's 147lb top ten list. Floyd has beaten most of the other credible guys hence why he filled in time by giving Maidana a re-match.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »

The list of credible names is really short. By default Miguel Cotto must be up there and he was more a of live runner in the last Mayweather sweepstakes than Khan was.

Cotto at catch weight for the middleweight title probably makes most $$ and gives him the chance of winning the title in another weight class (won't donthe ego any harm)The fact Cotto holds the WBC belt makes it even more likely as Floyd has always gone for the WBC belt throughout his career.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2015, 11:18:07 PM »

Thanks all.

When trying to organise a get together for this fight some of my mate's wanted to have a full sleep then get up early for the start of the main event.

If that's what you're trying to figure out then perhaps get Marky to give you a wake up call come fight time.

Last time we tried this we had a shed load, early doors. Went back to mine with a pizza, I think, asleep by 11pm.

I woke up to see Tyson biting Holyfields ear off and ran round the room trying to wake everyone up, and them going back to sleep, not believing a word of it.

Waited too long to miss this one.
I was at that fight

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2015, 11:56:18 PM »

The Filipino commentary team had Pac winning 116-111 and scored the 4th round 10-8 to Pac, and we thought Watt and Halling were bad!
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2015, 12:09:16 AM »

(not a boxing fan, so i ask as an outsider)

why does mayweather capture the fans interest?

a serial domestic abuser with an extremely boring fighting style..single hit, run and avoid etc etc...can see why that would appeal to purists but what's the fuss about such an objectionable person?

What nobody has mentioned, is that going way back to 1996, Mayweather won a bronze medal at the very commercial Atalanta Olympic Games. Olypians have a head start in terms of profile, get favourable deals from promoters and these things can snowball on from there.

And let's not forget that Floyd has been a mainstay of pound for pound lists for the last 15 years and boxing writers speak very fondly of his reign at 130lbs. It's not all about the last 5 years.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2015, 12:24:54 AM »

The Filipino commentary team had Pac winning 116-111 and scored the 4th round 10-8 to Pac, and we thought Watt and Halling were bad!

The Filipinos are probably easier to listen to Grin

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2015, 12:28:08 AM »

Rematch on the cards. Sigh.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2015, 12:52:05 AM »

Greedy fucks lol.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2015, 12:57:31 AM »

Greedy fucks lol.

Surely no one will pay to watch that shite again?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2015, 01:00:14 AM »

where is the rematch on the cards?  Link please.  I backed 7/4 hills a rematch before the end of 2016.  After that fight i ripped the ticket up.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2015, 01:09:10 AM »

Just got this on Skype off one of my mates

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3068732/Amazing-blagger-Hull-tags-Leo-DiCaprio-s-entourage-ringside-fight-century-defended-security-Floyd-Mayweather-himself.html?ito=social-facebook

Fairplay to him Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: