blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:33:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Biggest moment in prem in last 20 years?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Biggest moment in prem in last 20 years?  (Read 4171 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »

I must say, it may be a recency bias, but the Aguero moment has to be it. Agree with Tighty that the Chelsea thing changed the game, but the Aguero moment really sums up why the Premier League is the best football league in the world. It's just so fast/physical/dramatic compared to other leagues both in football and other sports. Deffo the stuff movies could be made around.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 09:37:40 PM »

Agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it was one of life's perfect moments seeing all the scum fans celebrations turn to tears.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 09:43:38 PM »

Agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it was one of life's perfect moments seeing all the scum fans celebrations turn to tears.

Also quite nice that QPR stayed up too because of goals scored/other results (I forget which one) so the away team got to enjoy the match as well.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

This. Definitely this.

The best diatribe I've ever seen on TV.

Wish more football people cared as much as Kevin Keegle did.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 09:56:40 PM »

The lessons learnt from clubs like Leeds and Portsmouth chasing dreams

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 11:22:38 PM »

I thought you said it showed "lack of ambition" if you didn't do that.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 12:22:54 AM »

Lessons learned? Hardly.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 12:54:07 AM »

These were some of the funniest things I can remember happening in the premiership

Dean Windass gets in the way of a Rory Delap throw in, doing comedy exercises in the process:

Mike Phelan decides he doesn't want to work for Sir Alex anymore:

This one, not for the stumbly fall of Paul Alcock...

...but when Nigel Winterburn goes in all guns blazing, only, when Di Canio gives him the "and what?!", to react like this:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:57:52 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 06:35:27 PM »

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 06:39:03 PM »

Predictable as ever.

Sad though, this preoccupation you seem to have. Must be years of being a Leeds supporter that has made you so sour.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 02:28:59 AM »

Predictable as ever.

Sad though, this preoccupation you seem to have. Must be years of being a Leeds supporter that has made you so sour.

I take your point in general, and that probably is why I'm so sour, but this is 1000% the best moment in premiership history. Maybe even just history.

I remember it so well, I watched it so many times. Cutting to the Stadium of Light and seeing all the scummers celebrating, that chubby blonde women applauding like crazy, the guy with the moustache in the black coat with a massive smile on his pocket radio. Then the most beautiful echoing cheer began to erupt from the Sunderland ends and the smiles and cheers turn to worried panicked expressions. Then it cut to Phil Jones in tears and Ferguson more red faced than ever before. Truly Amazing.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 07:20:56 AM »

Predictable as ever.

I take your point in general, and that probably is why I'm so sour, but this is 1000% the best moment in premiership history. Maybe even just history.

I remember it so well, I watched it so many times. Cutting to the Stadium of Light and seeing all the scummers celebrating, that chubby blonde women applauding like crazy, the guy with the moustache in the black coat with a massive smile on his pocket radio. Then the most beautiful echoing cheer began to erupt from the Sunderland ends and the smiles and cheers turn to worried panicked expressions. Then it cut to Phil Jones in tears and Ferguson more red faced than ever before. Truly Amazing.

ROFL

It was a pretty amazing moment. All the more poignant because we had our own reputation for late goals.

I remember Steve Bruce getting two vs Sheff Wed, that Giggs goal at Villa Park and I remember that amazing finish vs Bayern.
I remember all those titles, the doubles, John Terry slipping in Moscow.
It helps ease the pain.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: