blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:44:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If you don't know bout me
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you don't know bout me  (Read 62151 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »

Love the catchphrase, absolutely raging
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2016, 09:16:53 PM »

heres my notes for todays session, maybe use them too Smiley

ENJOY THE PUZZLES 

FAILURE WILL HAPPEN

BOUNCEBACKABILITY

COMPOSURE

PROFESSIONAL

DISCIPLINE

RELENTLESS

BE PROUD

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2016, 02:20:33 AM »

Thanks Pads. Enjoy the puzzles is my new fav saying in poker haha.

Finished day 1 of the main with 80k coming back to 2kbb. Had a nice table and nearly double avg with 2 hours left but went super card dead.

Will prob end up doing a big write up for all the tourneys on Monday. Pretty tired at the end of these days and hate writing on my phone. Will still keep doing small updates.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »

Doubled up few hands into day 2. 88>AK, turned a boat, skill game. Got just over avg now 130k at 2kbb, nice table.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:26:05 PM by POWWWWWWWW » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »

Sorry guys couldn't get on blonde earlier for some reason. Chopped it HU for £5k. Had a 2/1 chip lead and did an icm chop. Would like to have played HU but was around 50bb effective and it was 4am. Think getting some sleep before the main today was prob worth more than the ev of the extra £700 we would have played for. Having said that really struggling to get some quality sleep. Will post some hands and overall tourney report while I play the main.

Lovely job, very well dine.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2016, 04:12:01 PM »

Thanks Tikay.

Pretty roller coaster first 2 levels. Been as low as 35k and at 140k now at 3kbb.

Lost AQdd v A8cc on 4c5c7d,9d,Qc for a fair chunk. Then defended bb w K8 5 way and flopped a boat, got some nice value from KQ then next hand sqz 99, flop QT9. Fair to say the PLO tourneys was far less variancey.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2016, 05:22:58 PM »

5bet got in AxKh v AQss for 300+k pot, board ran out AhJh6x7hQ
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »

In the money with 30bb
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2016, 08:29:55 PM »

Busto 91st, K9<TT on ATK9 defending the bb w20bb. Surprisingly no rage.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 10:20:04 PM »

Big write up incoming!!!!!

Had a great weekend at the WPT at DTD this weekend. They put on a brilliant event as ever and the poker went ok. One thing caught my eye. I never seen so many women playing at once. I had a table that was half women in the main for a while. Very pleasing to see and the majority I played with played well. Don't know if it was an accessibility thing with PartyPoker or just variance but hope the trend continues.

First event was the 6max NL. Not my strongest game by any stretch of the imagination but thought I played fairly well.  Very annoying to be cruising all tourney then lose 2 hands and be out, but I guess that's the nature of the beast.

Was super excited for the PLO tourney. I've played very few PLO tourneys (2 live now I think) but think I adjust well to them, low variance, patient etc. People were def making some pretty big mistakes imo. Punting off 20bb+ stacks all in pre with average hands. I think it's very easy to play short (15-6bb) as there is no antes and defending BB is easier and people are way less aggro pre than I think they should be. Everyone was also much happier and having fun than from what I've experienced from live tourneys. Lots of people drinking, showing each other cards etc. I was short early on, busted the first one 2 bullets as it was a double chance. Guy who's first time it was playing limps, I limp btn with A886ss and BB sqz pot. Think this is close pre. Hand flops very polarised and the newb man will be making some huge mistakes, + I think the BB (for the avg player) will play pretty face up. Flop is K87hh, BB pots it and after a call I decide to call and ship for a little more than pot on safe turns. Turn is A giving me a fd. BB is prob potting any AAxx combo, any K+gs/fd, any pair+u/d, any pair+fd and the rec players cold calling range can be huge. Was pretty happy to get it in, however BB had bare KK and other guy had QQ45, river is a 6 and he scoops.
Was a pretty uneventful grind after this. Had 15k (starting stack) for the next 4 hours, dwindling down to 7bb at one point. However caught a bit of heat and doubled up a couple of times. Table then went 4 handed with a dead stack (god knows where he went). Was me, Marcel Luske and some fairly tight guy. Marcel was sb when I was btn and dead stack was BB. Won a lot of pots in this situation. He played prob the best of anyone in the tourney but was def susceptible to non standard lines. I raise J68T, he defends. Flop A75r, i bet he calls. Turn 9 he checks, I check behind. River J he bets quite large, I raise fairly large and he insta calls w AJxx, said he was c/f turn.
Down to 2 tables and my table draw was great, then got moved to the other table, 4 handed, 2 deep stacks to my left and both were pretty aggro. Found it really tough to adjust to bubble play with 4 very short stacks on the next table. I just nitted up a lot. Bubble burst at 7 players and play loosened up a lot. Managed to make straight flushes in back to back hands (same suit, same straight) to give me a good amount of chips. 2nd time was a huge cooler, I checked behind u/d+bdfd, he bet turn when I turned a wrap+fd and c/r all in when the river was a heart. He had set with nut flush. Pretty sick tbf. 3 handed the shorty refused a chop (which I would have done in his shoes) and I busted him couple of hands later. He limp raised AAxx bvb and I called with QT67ss, flop 568ss, gg sir. We were 50bb effective HU and it was 4am. HUPLO is my fave game but for the extra £700 and maybe hour+ of play I decided to chop. He gave me an extra £100 for the trophy and we both walked out pretty happy.

Had an awful nights sleep that night and woke up for the main pretty groggy. Starting table was great however. Chipped up to around 40k from 30k starting stack early on. Couple unsuccessful bluffs later and then a hand I played pretty poorly and I was down to 11k. Old man CO raises, I 3bet JTcc, he calls. Flop 523cc, I bet he calls, turn 5, I bet he shoves for a little over min raise. Absolutely hating life, don't think I'm ever getting odds vs his range and could well be drawing dead. I sigh call and he flips over A4cc. Bleugh. Such a silly hand to play, needless. I double up AK v TT, river K, then catch a bit of heat after, knocking a couple of shortstacks out and chipping up nicely. I don't think I really tilt playing live. Having that 2-3 mins of doing nothing between playable hands really helps me, and I think I can cool down from poorly played situations well. Online 6max plo is wayyyy different. I can lose my head at times, lose 10-20 BI pretty quick. So easy to do online multitabling plo. Think it's one of the reasons I never got on with online tourneys. Too easy to play bad/tilt and then just shove, bust a tourney and shut everything down and walk away. Have no discipline to grind out a short stack online, too many more stimulating things to do. Live you're trapped though. It's 30mins+ to get home, effort to get there, you have to look at whoever knocked you out, raging inside that you put so much effort into being good and some rando $22 qualifier can sit and laugh as they stack your chips up you just tilted off. Nah **** them, I'm gunna stay here and grind 11bb, no satisfaction for them.
I get moved tables and fluctuate between 60-110k. Caught myself a couple of times thinking, you should be folding that river, in fair sized pots. I really am a sucker for odds/ranges etc, have absolutely no feel game, live reads etc. Really gotta work on this to avoid spots like that. Bag up 80k~ at the end of the day, not entirely happy with my play but always stoked to bag up chips.

Day 2 and the table draw is a weird one. Have a semi whale 2 to my right, Terry Jordan (who is a notorious loose goose, very nice chap though) to my left, a couple of guys I played with day 1 who are pretty tight and the others fishy looking. Should be over the moon but found myself in awkward situations a lot throughout the day. Trying to iso a whale, only to have someone cold call your 3bets to your direct left can get tedious quickly. Swap us around and I disappointed to not be one of the chipleaders at the end of the day. Needless to say the day was pretty swingy.
I was disappointed in my play around the bubble. Just totally froze and played like a huge nit. With the 2 guys to my left and right 3/4xing and seemingly not bothered about busting and just folded nearly every hand. Won a big pot when I open co, btn calls (obv) and sb sqz. I ship AK and he calls AQ. That was for nearly double avg and didn't really play a pot after that till the bubble burst.
Bust out hand was pretty interesting. I think Danshreddies (of markup time of the year again thread fame) had been moved to our table a couple of hours before. He played quite well, fairly loose and aggro. He opens HJ and I defend with K9o, playing 20bb. He cbets AKTr and I call. His sizing was on the larger side and was only 4 black (5k) chips. He'd usually been betting a mixture of 5k and 1k chips. However I think he cbets here close to 100%. I'm fairly capped pre and have a ton of weak bluffcatchers (although I do have all my QJ combos) and think he has a significant range advantage as I'm defending here fairly wide. Turn is a 9 bringing a bdfd. He shoves for what might be a little over pot. Not sure why he chose this hand with this sizing. Infact it's really irritated me. My continuing range has maybe 4 outs at best vs his hand and given pre not sure what he's trying to achieve. Unless he's thinking lol set bet/allin, but I think he's way better at NL tournaments than me so must be some other reason. I'm either a level ahead or a level behind here, no clue which. Felt pretty silly snapping him off and being near dead. Talked with a couple of really good NL players and they agree they'd snap here given everything. They don't play tourneys though so would love to hear some feedback from everyone.

Busted mid way through the bounty tourney entry period, but felt it wouldn't be a good decision to play and just went home. Nice to get some profit on my first package for people who have invested. Very excited for Vegas now. Can't wait to get stuck in!!!!!!!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2016, 11:58:22 PM »

Yeah bustout seems fine, he should slowplay some better hands and plenty of draws are there. I can't imagine folding this being good vs him. I think shoving QJ would be much better than TT in his spot but its probably the right play still as splitting sizings will get messy and the spr is probably too awkward to fire two. Maybe he should size flop bigger as a lot of our hands are one and done and all his bluffs want to apply maximum pressure so they can make an easier turn shove with his backdoored equity. I'd have gone small on the flop with our range advantage in his seat as I'd be cbetting so much (I imagine but can't be sure without being in the seat) but I can see situations where a two street strategy is better.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2016, 12:27:32 AM »

Thanks for the feedback.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2016, 03:34:46 PM »

All packed and ready to catch the train down to Gatwick. On the 10:30 flight tomorrow morning. Would be fair to say I'd be quite excited if it wasn't for the fact I'm terrified of flying. Coincidentally a friend of mine is on the same flight with a stag party. Think I might join them for a few nerve settlers tomorrow morning. Absolutely heartbreaking to leave the missus this morning though. We haven't been apart for more than a week for the last 3 years. She's such a gem and always super supportive. Will be hard out there without that.

Last month went well. Low volume online but some great 5/10 games were around and 8game was amazing around SCOOP. Played only a few SCOOPS, 0/8 I think. WPT was a really big confidence boost, and was fortunate to run very good. I've also ran very good at live DC. Think I'm 6/6 on multi way AIPF at 6 card plo hi/lo for big pots. 

Click to see full-size image.

Will be updating in her everyday, and frequently on twitter- @wilblwforpinkit
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2016, 10:23:32 AM »

Good to meet you at Gatters this morning John, hope you enjoy the flight. Smiley

Sorry I pestered you with questions, but it's good to learn stuff, I'm like a sponge, I try to soak it all up.

Hope you don't think I am being rude, but are you sure you are over 21?

Think you will need to take ID with you everywhere in Vegas, they ain't ever gonna believe you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2016, 01:12:56 AM »

Thanks Tikay! Pleasure meeting you too. Any time you've got a question always happy to try and help. Still get ID for lottery tickets haha.

Flight to Vegas was ok. Having a really hard time adjusting to the time difference though. Think I was up 28 hours Thursday-friday and only slept for 5 hours last night. Have some kind of cold as well so going to be skipping the Goliath at 7pm today. Hope to get some proper rest and be ready for the DC tomorrow. Going to be my first Wsop event so pretty buzzing. Hope I feel better/fresher. Feeling pretty spaced out atm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: