blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Chris Vernon- Vegas Package 2015
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Vernon- Vegas Package 2015  (Read 19972 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2015, 05:00:37 PM »

Hello all!

So after some thought, Vegas this summer has been booked, and am flying out for 10 days on the 27th June - 6th July.
Whilst there, will be playing some WSOP events, and some other events, which i am looking to sell some action for.

Why buy?

Have been poker seriously now for 2 and a half years, in that time going from small midweek comps, to larger deepstacks and circuit events. Have had some decent success, with a 10th in a DTD deepstack, a GPS final table, and recently 2nd in the UKPC main event. Throughout that time, I have been lucky enough to have good friends in the game, to discuss hands/ spots and review with, hence significant improvement in my game.

hendon mob link: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=298285

This trip is a poker trip, so will be totally focussed on the tournaments, and wont be turning up hungover or late registering, unless its unavoidable.

We are due to land on the morning of the Draft Kings, so assuming no delays will be there in time to register. However, as with all tournaments, I reserve the right to not play or register if Im unwell or not feeling like I will play my best etc.

Due to the overlap of these tournaments, there is a good chance of some refunds if we make day 2/ day 3. I shall of course refund these as soon as i return to the UK, along with the rest of the winnings!

Only the tournaments listed here are on the stake, any other smaller comps/ cash game winnings wont be included on stake.

I appreciate its a large package, with big sums of money, however have many people on this forum who would vouch for me, and say im honest with HHs and resending money quickly and without issue.

Looking to sell 35% of the following...

Schedule:

WSOP Events:

Sat 27th June- Event 55-  Draft Kings 50/50 (50% of the field pay) NLH. $1500

Tues 30th June- Event 61- Little one for one drop. $1111

Wed July 1st- Event 62- Bounty No Limit Holdem. $1500

Fri 3rd July- Event 66- Lucky 7's. $777

Other events:

Thurs July 2nd- WPT500 Aria ($2m gte) - $565

Total buy ins: $5,453 @1.1 so $6000.

Have discussed the markup with 3 different people, including 2 regular posters and investors, and we feel at 1.1 this provides excellent value for buyers.

Todays conversion rate is 1.52 according to xe.com meaning $6000 is £3950.

I assume this is ok to do, will lock that rate for this thread, and all returns afer Vegas, will be done using the same rate, so 1.52.

Looking to sell 35% of this schedule, bank xfer or $$$ in vegas being the best way to xfer the money. Stars available too, but prefer the other options if possible.

so...

1% = £39.50 / $60

2.5% = £98.75 / $150

5% = £197.50 / $300

10%= £395 / $600

SHall be doing daily updates on here, as well as running a vegas diary on my current blog. I appreciate its a big package, but i hope this offers good value, for a good chance of return as well as a vegas sweat.
Thanks for reading, look forward to winning blonde a bracelet i hope!!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »

20% to Mr Picken, so 15% left

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 05:07:21 PM »

5 pls

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 05:08:29 PM »

5 pls

booked thanks Alex, and 10% off forum, so i think thats sold out.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »

reserve it all pls.

you know that some of these are reentries right?

also are you open to looking to change the schedule to better 1ks/1500s on at the same time in vegas or are you really looking for the wsop experience?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »

reserve it all pls.

also are you open to looking to change the schedule to better 1ks/1500s on at the same time in vegas or are you really looking for the wsop experience?

Yep, aware they are re entries. Have sold at the moment for one bullet in each. wasnt sure how to go about multi entries. Will only look to take a second bullet in the $1,111 one drop and the $777 possibly. If thats the case then I will speak to investors.
Really looking for the experience as much as everything, first WSOP trip so buzzing to play in the bracelet events. Certainly open to changing events if there are better options, Alex mentioned the Planet Hollywood on the 27th instead of the Draft kings?
The bounty comp i wasnt sure about, but sounds good fun. FIrst year, really keen to experience the WSOP really.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 05:30:05 PM »

although the draft kings 50% is a good chance of a flag/ return surely?

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 05:31:01 PM »

reserve it all pls.

If any Left.......if you want to factor in re buys etc
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:35:01 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 05:33:46 PM »

think you're struggling to physically get 1.52 today

advertised and actual are somewhat different  so you may want to check it out before " locking it in" Chris
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 05:36:02 PM »

pretty tough to get big roi in the 50/50 im most likely skipping it.  there is a 1k at golden nugget that is usually amazing on the same time as the one drop.

the thing is with the 1111 the rake is so big that edges really arent that big either, a lot of regs dont play it for that reason so with mu combined it becomes tough to be break-even, the nugget is on the same day and alot of older players play it etc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 05:36:24 PM »

advertised and actual are somewhat different  so you may want to check it out before " locking it in" Chris

just what google said, and xe.com had it as 1.519 or something similar. as i said on OP, not done this before, so any help regarding the rates please say! Was sold out, and Pads has reserved any drop outs.
sorrymate! whats the advice in regard to the rate then?

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 05:38:27 PM »

advertised and actual are somewhat different  so you may want to check it out before " locking it in" Chris

just what google said, and xe.com had it as 1.519 or something similar. as i said on OP, not done this before, so any help regarding the rates please say! Was sold out, and Pads has reserved any drop outs.

Im watching it closely waiting to buy mine hence my comments

the 1.52 advertised is more like 1.47 at best as we speak ( unless somebody has good source)

Election on Thursday =highly likely Tories will win so rate will be okay if not better...if Labour get in = probable worst rate
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:40:27 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 05:38:54 PM »

pretty tough to get big roi in the 50/50 im most likely skipping it.  there is a 1k at golden nugget that is usually amazing on the same time as the one drop.

the thing is with the 1111 the rake is so big that edges really arent that big either, a lot of regs dont play it for that reason so with mu combined it becomes tough to be break-even, the nugget is on the same day and alot of older players play it etc.

ok, happy to maybe skip the 50/50 then and go with the planet hollywood $1m or something. can look closer to the time.
to be honest, defo want to play the one drop. appreciate the rake is high, but as part of the wsop experience, very keen to play it. instead of rentering(hopefully not needed!), maybe play at the nugget instead.
thanks for advice, always needed!!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 05:39:28 PM »

the 1.52 advertised is more like 1.47 at best as we speak ( unless somebody has good source)

ok, thanks. what should i do on here then?

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 05:41:25 PM »

advertised and actual are somewhat different  so you may want to check it out before " locking it in" Chris

ok, thanks. what should i do on here then?

given the Tories will probably win Id say wait till Friday

Obv thats just my opinion
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: