blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Chris Vernon- Vegas Package 2015
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Vernon- Vegas Package 2015  (Read 19986 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2015, 07:11:35 AM »

To avoid confusion, here are the buy-in arrangements for the "Little One for One Drop".

$1,000 BUY-IN 5,000 STARTING CHIPS

$111 DONATION TO ONE DROP GETS PLAYERS AN EXTRA 5,000 STARTING CHIPS

Players begin with 5,000 in Tournament Chips

Players who donate $111 (collected at time of registration) to One Drop will receive an additional 5,000 in Tournament chips.

7% of the total entry pool will be withheld for entry fees

3% of the total entry pool will be withheld for tournament staff.

From......

http://www.wsop.com/2015/structuresheets/14261-structure.pdf

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »

Ok so 201 rake

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2015, 12:52:57 PM »

It's pretty sad if every player treats charity as "juice".  It's quite cringy reading a page long explanation of why a charity tournament is not "value".
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2015, 12:58:51 PM »

If someone is making a charity donation, then yes they don't need to break down the maths.  If someone is asking to be staked to make a charity donation.. I guess the maths is fair play?

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »

It's pretty sad if every player treats charity as "juice".  It's quite cringy reading a page long explanation of why a charity tournament is not "value".

Hahaha, yeah totally agree.

Also its clearly a wsop package. Not a value hunting escapade out in Vegas.
I wouldn't ever be persuaded to change what I wanted to play because of some miniscule roi difference in a long term perspective.

To win at poker is to not have to play
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 01:48:01 PM »

all good guys, saw it as constructive, as i said i didnt have access to all schedules as had no idea where to look, so missed the Planet Hollywood event etc. it is defo a WSOP trip though, and i will definitely be playing the one drop

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2015, 03:53:57 PM »

ok ill admit i was wrong and clearly pleno proved it!

i think im nostalgic when it comes to WSOP events.  it's so easy to hate the Rio, the rake, the queues, the cold, being off strip BUT whenever I walk into that building for a big tournie I'm so full of hope and awe at the whole spectacle and the organisation and effort that goes into it. weirdly i HATE playing cash games at the Rio and will only put in a few hours here and there.

i dont get that same buzz if im playing a wynn or venetian just feels like another tournament.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:56:18 PM by scotty77 » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 05:13:06 PM »

i think im nostalgic when it comes to WSOP events.  it's so easy to hate the Rio, the rake, the queues, the cold, being off strip BUT whenever I walk into that building for a big tournie I'm so full of hope and awe at the whole spectacle and the organisation and effort that goes into it. weirdly i HATE playing cash games at the Rio and will only put in a few hours here and there.

i dont get that same buzz if im playing a wynn or venetian just feels like another tournament.

Very much agree with all that, I get an absolute buzz just being there.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2015, 06:31:49 PM »

Very much agree with all that, I get an absolute buzz just being there.

+1 I have no drive to play much poker anymore, but the thought of missing out this year is really hurting, i think about it everyday. Walking down them corridors, it may be sad but its true. In 20 years time you wont remember playing at the venetian (unless you win) but you will remember walking through the halls at the rio.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 07:20:30 PM »

I wouldn't ever be persuaded to change what I wanted to play because of some miniscule roi difference in a long term perspective.

sure, thats what makes poker profitable i guess, people not caring about money. i was just trying to debate it because ryan said he completely disagreed regarding the value of the tournament generally and talking about lowering variance etc.

gl chris either way!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 10:06:17 PM »

sure, thats what makes poker profitable i guess, people not caring about money. i was just trying to debate it because ryan said he completely disagreed regarding the value of the tournament generally and talking about lowering variance etc.

gl chris either way!

Not caring about money.... OK
You reserved % and tried to influence a schedule you're probably not a part of.
Pads a lot of people take your words for gospel and if you start telling people to go play other stuff on roi figures plucked out of the air because you lose £40 you can stop people going to do what they really want to do. Who really wants to fly Vegas at wsop to play £1ks at the nugget on their first venture.

To win at poker is to not have to play
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2015, 10:15:41 PM »

calm down guys, have spoken a little with pads in pm about it, as i have with alex and picken and defo keen on having a good mix.
pads is just trying to help, and defo appreciate it! this is one way to get some hits on a thread, just wish my blog got this much attention!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 10:29:40 PM »

I'll always post on your blog mate.

Never on your staking threads Smiley

PS, saw the talented vernon won a seat online tonight for something Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 10:34:25 PM »

I'll always post on your blog mate.

Never on your staking threads Smiley

PS, saw the talented vernon won a seat online tonight for something Smiley

haha well it is true you scots are tight with your money!! Wink hahahaha he did, he won a seat for the aria wpt500 on PP for $35. i know where ive inherited my run good from!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2015, 02:29:09 AM »

gl chris either way!

Not caring about money.... OK
You reserved % and tried to influence a schedule you're probably not a part of.
Pads a lot of people take your words for gospel and if you start telling people to go play other stuff on roi figures plucked out of the air because you lose £40 you can stop people going to do what they really want to do. Who really wants to fly Vegas at wsop to play £1ks at the nugget on their first venture.

i'm trying to make the guy money, sorry! theres also a lot to be gained experience wise from grinding at places like the golden nugget, down town vegas is really fun and you meet way different people. if youre already going to be playing wsop events then the experience of the one drop wont really be anything different except you pay a tonne more rake and it takes longer to have a piss.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: