blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 1161 1162 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197075 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17355 on: May 23, 2019, 11:43:21 PM »

Romesh Ranganathan show.....

Pointed out change UK selling point is ‘If you want to remain and stay in the UK vote change UK’   Shocked

Also ‘crackers need to knuckle down’ in reference to white people need to perform better at school.........I personally don’t care and thought it was funny. But can you imagine the outrage if it was ‘niggers/pakis/random ethnic slur’ was substituted instead of crackers?

Fk me, what a joke of a hypocrisy we live in if he doesn’t get called out for that.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: May 23, 2019, 11:46:02 PM »

Got home 15 mins ago, thought I wouldn’t get home before 10pm. Walked down the road to where the elections usually take place without even deciding who I was gonna vote for.......school closed. Trudged home without even being arsed to bother checking where I should go to actually vote, was more interested in having a vodka and coke talktothehand

Which Vodka?

Gonna fire into some of the flavoured Cirocs this summer.

Less calories, as they're ideal with soda water.

Cheap co-op shit mate, think the expensive vodka is basically a waste of money unless its the flavoured type. Otherwise the taste is masked by the coke/lemonade or whatever....

Yeah, I only drink the flavoured ones when I'm away, and dilute them down with soda. Lovely and refreshing.

Be interesting to see how many scooter crashes I have over there. Not had an alcoholic drink since October Cheesy

October?  Shocked

Am embarrassed to say but I drink more nights than I don’t  Yup bad really 
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #17357 on: May 24, 2019, 12:58:46 AM »

I found it difficult to decide who to vote for between the Remain parties as it was hard to know who might be in a situation of possibly being helped by it. On the way to vote, I found a forecast vote share for the South East of 37% Brexit, 21% LD and 10-11% each for Lab, Con & Green. I reckon that would mean 4 Brexit, 2 Lib Dems and one each of the other three would be elected, with the tenth seat being a close race between Brexit and Lib Dem. So there was no point in going for Green, Lab or Change, when LD is likely to be the one that needs it. Went home thinking my vote might actually count.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17358 on: May 24, 2019, 02:43:39 AM »

Fingers crossed it does, MT.

Got home 15 mins ago, thought I wouldn’t get home before 10pm. Walked down the road to where the elections usually take place without even deciding who I was gonna vote for.......school closed. Trudged home without even being arsed to bother checking where I should go to actually vote, was more interested in having a vodka and coke talktothehand

Which Vodka?

Gonna fire into some of the flavoured Cirocs this summer.

Less calories, as they're ideal with soda water.

Cheap co-op shit mate, think the expensive vodka is basically a waste of money unless its the flavoured type. Otherwise the taste is masked by the coke/lemonade or whatever....

Yeah, I only drink the flavoured ones when I'm away, and dilute them down with soda. Lovely and refreshing.

Be interesting to see how many scooter crashes I have over there. Not had an alcoholic drink since October Cheesy

October?  Shocked

Am embarrassed to say but I drink more nights than I don’t  Yup bad really 

I only drink when I have a poker night, or when I go away.

Been too busy to do either since I walloped a couple bottles of wine @ dinner in Malta Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17359 on: May 24, 2019, 10:12:25 AM »

Prime Minister Theresa May says she will stand down as Conservative leader on 7 June

Made a lot of mistakes....

the election campaign and manifesto the most egregious one as the lost majority meant that Brexit in parliament became impossible

went for Article 50 too early without much of a plan

and didn't build a consensus about any plans throughout, only tried too late

--

but

badly let down by all sides of Parliament being unwilling to compromise, became a job no one could do...delivering Brexit

The problems she found intractable are there for her successor.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17360 on: May 24, 2019, 10:13:44 AM »

She done a bit of a cry at the end too
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #17361 on: May 24, 2019, 10:21:54 AM »

That's the first time I have heard her sound endearing and likeable for ages. She actually seemed sincere.

Why do we only see that side of politicians when they are running off. The old showing emotion = weakness argument but I don't want a leader that's a robot. Feel sorry for her.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17362 on: May 24, 2019, 10:30:26 AM »

Ha, you are so bad Barry.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17363 on: May 24, 2019, 10:49:05 AM »

Prime Minister Theresa May says she will stand down as Conservative leader on 7 June

the election campaign and manifesto the most egregious one as the lost majority meant that Brexit in parliament became impossible

--

but

badly let down by all sides of Parliament being unwilling to compromise, became a job no one could do...delivering Brexit

The bit about Nicholas Winterton advising her on compromise was laughable, given that one of the huge criticisms of her as PM was her absolute failure to do so.

It shows how utterly deluded she is.

Good riddance to an absolutely horrific Prime Minister.  The only credit I can give her is that there's a strong chance of her successor being even worse, be it one of the Tory names in the frame or, God forbid, the idiot in charge of Labour at the moment.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17364 on: May 24, 2019, 10:55:13 AM »

--

but

The bit about Nicholas Winterton advising her on compromise was laughable, given that one of the huge criticisms of her as PM was her absolute failure to do so.

It shows how utterly deluded she is.

Good riddance to an absolutely horrific Prime Minister.  The only credit I can give her is that there's a strong chance of her successor being even worse, be it one of the Tory names in the frame or, God forbid, the idiot in charge of Labour at the moment.

No one has compromised

The approach may have been wrong, but the Withdrawal bill was a huge compromise on her behalf.

The ERG turned it down as it wasn't Brexit-y enough, despite there being no one definition agreed at any point pre, during or after the referendum. We would be out now with a staging post to 2022 if they had compromised. Instead they want to play the victim

Unwilling to accept that the Brexit they wanted would mean the end of the Good Friday Agreement (agreed democratically in a referendum in 1998!) and possibly peace in Northern Ireland, plus even now no proper understanding of what a WTO Brexit means and how very difficult it is to untangle 40 years of economic integration in a more modern technology intensive world (just in time supply etc)

History will treat May much kinder than comments such as that i have quoted. No one could have done it, even if she had played her 7-2 offsuit starting hand much better than she did
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:59:10 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17365 on: May 24, 2019, 10:55:50 AM »

I’m almost want to want Boris to get the job to send the lefty snowflakes into the worst whiney meltdown ever! 

They were already off the meltdown chart with the Tories being in power and Brexit winning in the ref, I didn’t think it could get any worse for them but there is a god and it can!! 
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17366 on: May 24, 2019, 11:08:39 AM »

Anyone wanting a good parody account to follow on Twitter could do worse than Colin Corbynista.  This is one of his more obvious parody efforts, but some of his tweets are so close to genuine ones from the #GTTO brigade that it's difficult to spot the irony.

That being said, the first reply to this tweet I've seen is a genuine Corbynista agreeing with it, in all seriousness.

Clever stuff.

https://twitter.com/ColinCorbynista/status/1131859121425342465

Colin #GTTO
@ColinCorbynista
I guarantee not one mainstream media outlet will report the real reason Theresa May resigned: Jeremy Corbyn. Whoever takes over will be just as bad. About time the law was changed so that Jeremy Corbyn automatically becomes PM if the Tories keep changing leader. #TheresaMay
10:46 AM · May 24, 2019

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17367 on: May 24, 2019, 11:22:43 AM »

I genuinely felt bad for her as I did Cameron when he done a bit of cry too. A thankless job and nobody else would have done any better because of the way in which Brexit has split so many people beyond the usual partisan lines. I suspect we are about to get a much worse PM, May was pretty harmless really.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17368 on: May 24, 2019, 11:37:55 AM »

I genuinely felt bad for her as I did Cameron when he done a bit of cry too. A thankless job and nobody else would have done any better because of the way in which Brexit has split so many people beyond the usual partisan lines. I suspect we are about to get a much worse PM, May was pretty harmless really.

I feel much the same. What a poison chalice that job is. Essentially, she is a good person, but fate dealt her an unplayable hand. She maybe could have done some things better/different, & I suspect stubborn-ness & persistence - which are very similar things, though one is good & the other bad - was her undoing.

Anyone doing her job for the salary she got must be mad, the last 6 months must have been a nightmare for her, unrelenting pressure. Add to that being mocked by all & sundry every day, which she certainly did not deserve.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #17369 on: May 24, 2019, 12:05:53 PM »

I think she’s had a terrible time  off everyone
The choices are poor
Boris lies to his Mrs about shagging his assistant - so do you think he will tell you the truth ? Or what you want to hear .a buffoon a cheater a liar so yes definite pm material
Corbyn and his gang lord save us
I don’t want to vote conservative or labour ever again
personally I’d like to see them all on the dole and some new brooms in
Neither will happen it’s more likely to be a hung parliament again with the objectors like me refusing to vote for one of the main parties allowing labour in by the back door
It’s gg me if labour get in the for sale boards will be going up house and business
Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 1161 1162 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: