blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 1162 1163 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2193426 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17370 on: May 24, 2019, 12:15:08 PM »

She done a bit of a cry at the end too

Ha, you are so bad Barry.

I genuinely felt bad for her as I did Cameron when he done a bit of cry too. A thankless job and nobody else would have done any better because of the way in which Brexit has split so many people beyond the usual partisan lines. I suspect we are about to get a much worse PM, May was pretty harmless really.

I feel much the same. What a poison chalice that job is. Essentially, she is a good person, but fate dealt her an unplayable hand. She maybe could have done some things better/different, & I suspect stubborn-ness & persistence - which are very similar things, though one is good & the other bad - was her undoing.

Anyone doing her job for the salary she got must be mad, the last 6 months must have been a nightmare for her, unrelenting pressure. Add to that being mocked by all & sundry every day, which she certainly did not deserve.

Dont we live in a strange world?

You cant wake up these days without worrying about upsetting someone. Calling LGBT the right names, Black people Black? I even got told off the other day for calling women women and not ladies, yet we can be as horrible as we like to the person running the country without fear of being hounded off social platforms or threats of prison.

It was never going to work though was it? A PM pushing for a Brexit principle she never truly believed in. I don't buy this unworkable poison chalice guff. Stick a Brexiteer in charge and we would be out by now. Yes, we may have had some rocky waters ahead, but we would be out. However, lets face it, the minute we voted ourselves out the "wise ones" had the economy going into freefall and a curse on all our children....but that never happened either.

No, good riddance to her. She tried to impose her version of what she wanted on us all and thought she was Maggie in her steadfastness. She didn't have a clue, or thought she was better than everyone of us. Even her departure speech was riddled with "I did this", not "we did". The woman became deluded and needs to go.

Even more fun times ahead, but God help us if Corbyn gets a sniff. I mean, even today, not an ounce of sympathy in his response to her leaving. As the leader of the Opposition, you at least show some manners. He had none and is equally delluded.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17371 on: May 24, 2019, 12:16:22 PM »

Ian Dunt summing it up nicely

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/05/24/may-ends-her-premiership-as-she-started-it-with-the-greatest

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17372 on: May 24, 2019, 12:17:21 PM »

I genuinely felt bad for her as I did Cameron when he done a bit of cry too. A thankless job and nobody else would have done any better because of the way in which Brexit has split so many people beyond the usual partisan lines. I suspect we are about to get a much worse PM, May was pretty harmless really.

I feel much the same. What a poison chalice that job is. Essentially, she is a good person, but fate dealt her an unplayable hand. She maybe could have done some things better/different, & I suspect stubborn-ness & persistence - which are very similar things, though one is good & the other bad - was her undoing.

Anyone doing her job for the salary she got must be mad, the last 6 months must have been a nightmare for her, unrelenting pressure. Add to that being mocked by all & sundry every day, which she certainly did not deserve.

You cant wake up these days without worrying about upsetting someone. Calling LGBT the right names, Black people Black? I even got told off the other day for calling women women and not ladies, yet we can be as horrible as we like to the person running the country without fear of being hounded off social platforms or threats of prison.

It was never going to work though was it? A PM pushing for a Brexit principle she never truly believed in. I don't buy this unworkable poison chalice guff. Stick a Brexiteer in charge and we would be out by now. Yes, we may have had some rocky waters ahead, but we would be out. However, lets face it, the minute we voted ourselves out the "wise ones" had the economy going into freefall and a curse on all our children....but that never happened either.

No, good riddance to her. She tried to impose her version of what she wanted on us all and thought she was Maggie in her steadfastness. She didn't have a clue, or thought she was better than everyone of us. Even her departure speech was riddled with "I did this", not "we did". The woman became deluded and needs to go.

Even more fun times ahead, but God help us if Corbyn gets a sniff. I mean, even today, not an ounce of sympathy in his response to her leaving. As the leader of the Opposition, you at least show some manners. He had none and is equally delluded.

How would you take us out and not ruin the Good Friday Agreement? That is the poisoned chalice.

Not a single Brexiteer has answered that simple question for three years

The withdrawal agreement tried to do that.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17373 on: May 24, 2019, 12:22:24 PM »

LBC in the mornings is like political crack cocaine, you really know you shouldn't but its so addictive.

take this today

"https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1131878521314222082"

James O'Brien: "You've said Theresa May should have left on WTO terms. And she also shouldn't have left on WTO terms, but should have threatened to do so."

Caller: "You've got it, you've finally understood what I said."

first reply to tweet "this person gets to cancel my vote":-)

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17374 on: May 24, 2019, 12:30:34 PM »

Good to see you back Adzy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17375 on: May 24, 2019, 12:33:13 PM »

How would you take us out and not ruin the Good Friday Agreement? That is the poisoned chalice.

Pretty strange retort, but not unexpected.

Without knowing what we have tried to agree, and what has been batted back it is hard to say how I would go about it, but common sense tells me that no borders in ireland works, so I would be working towards that. Really rather simple, but as I say, without knowing exactly each sides reasons for not seeing the common sense of it I cant offer a solution, becuase i dont have the power....same as most Brexiteers over the last 3 years.....

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17376 on: May 24, 2019, 12:34:12 PM »

So unpopular opinion one was : Theresa May is right. It’s been the unwillingness of the ERG to compromise that has prevented Brexit (firmly believe that's true)

---

Unpopular opinion 2 might become: Boris failing in Oct 2019, not May, will give legitimacy to bury Brexit.

He will use all of his political capital with Leavers to try and see off the Brexit Party

In an unforeseen event when he became leader , Corbyn will then be onto his fourth Conservative leader

(bookmarked)

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17377 on: May 24, 2019, 12:41:21 PM »

Without knowing what we have tried to agree, and what has been batted back it is hard to say how I would go about it, but common sense tells me that no borders in ireland works, so I would be working towards that. Really rather simple, but as I say, without knowing exactly each sides reasons for not seeing the common sense of it I cant offer a solution, becuase i dont have the power....same as most Brexiteers over the last 3 years.....

ok so foreign sec Boris and Brexit secs David Davis and Dominic Raab (who did a deal then voted against it) had no power?

"common sense tells me that no borders in ireland works" and why would that be?

Do we think the DUP and the unionist community as a whole would accept no borders in Ireland?

Come on, please lets try to have a good think about why its unworkable!

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17378 on: May 24, 2019, 12:44:01 PM »

So unpopular opinion one was : Theresa May is right. It’s been the unwillingness of the ERG to compromise that has prevented Brexit (firmly believe that's true)

---

Unpopular opinion 2 might become: Boris failing in Oct 2019, not May, will give legitimacy to bury Brexit.

He will use all of his political capital with Leavers to try and see off the Brexit Party

In an unforeseen event when he became leader , Corbyn will then be onto his fourth Conservative leader

(bookmarked)

If Boris(as a true Brexiteer) or whoever cant convince the EU that Ireland should remain border free in the best interests of peace, then that must surely prove to everyone that the EU doesn't have the correct principles at its heart, regardless of what it thinks of the UK.........do we want to be a part of that???

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17379 on: May 24, 2019, 12:48:38 PM »

The EU protects its members. Ireland is one of those.

To protect Ireland it has to help preserve the good friday agreement, which is what the Dublin government and both sides of the divide in Northern Ireland (which heavily voted to remain) want

Even if the EU ditched the GFA, which it would never do, you would be back to the troubles in northern ireland pretty quickly. Brexit can't be worth that.

Ireland cannot be border free, nothing to do with the EU, unless you ditch the Union. Do that and loyalists go nuts.

I am amazed this stuff still needs explaining.

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17380 on: May 24, 2019, 12:50:35 PM »

ok so foreign sec Boris and Brexit secs David Davis and Dominic Raab (who did a deal then voted against it) had no power?

"common sense tells me that no borders in ireland works" and why would that be?

Do we think the DUP and the unionist community as a whole would accept no borders in Ireland?

Come on, please lets try to have a good think about why its unworkable!

Not sure if you are being obtuse or what?

I mean the fact that you can continue to travel freely between the two.

Not sure anyone is expecting miracles in terms of the two joining.......

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17381 on: May 24, 2019, 12:54:02 PM »

To protect Ireland it has to help preserve the good friday agreement, which is what the Dublin government and both sides of the divide in Northern Ireland (which heavily voted to remain) want

Even if the EU ditched the GFA, which it would never do, you would be back to the troubles in northern ireland pretty quickly. Brexit can't be worth that.

Ireland cannot be border free, nothing to do with the EU, unless you ditch the Union. Do that and loyalists go nuts.

And Tony wonders why we need  breaks from here........

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17382 on: May 24, 2019, 12:55:20 PM »

obtuse? No,I am being as patient as I can.

Saying to Unionists now there is no border,one Ireland, live with it is a recipe for them just saying "ok, fancy a pint?"

Come on, the DUP won't even accept the compromise half way house in the WAB, the community isn't accepting "no border for the sake of peace" lol
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:57:24 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17383 on: May 24, 2019, 12:56:16 PM »

Could anyone, (other than Ads obv) explain what he means here please? It's like, I understand the individual words, but not the sentences.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17384 on: May 24, 2019, 12:56:55 PM »

And Tony wonders why we need  breaks from here........

you are unlucky, you come back with simplistic views (in the kindest possible way) and I am on today.

Sorry to come across belligerent but its frustrating.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 1162 1163 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: