blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2222220 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7080 on: January 12, 2017, 10:36:01 AM »

"As a trade negotiator, I’m shocked at Brexiters’ ignorance"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/08/trade-negotiator-shocked-at-brexiters-ignorance?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: January 13, 2017, 10:53:59 AM »

Tristram Hunt is resigning his seat to become director of the V&A museum.

Another byelection, in the heart of Brexit country. Just what Corbyn needs.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:11:02 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: January 13, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »

Stoke Central in 2015

a small constituency, very winnable for three parties

Click to see full-size image.

on a general level, its has been hitherto very rare for MPs to resign for the outside world mid parliament. Copeland and Stoke Central now, shows how unhappy sections of the PLP are, presumably thinking they are out of office til 2025 at the earliest

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: January 13, 2017, 11:03:45 AM »

meanwhile there was a remarkable council vote last night in Sunderland, which was 60% leave last year

LD won Sunderland Sandhills on a 35% swing from Lab

this is a very interesting blog from a LD man in Sunderland on what happened in the campaign

http://jonathanwallace.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/labour-hits-panic-button-in-sunderland.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: January 13, 2017, 11:17:14 AM »

Stoke Central in 2015

a small constituency, very winnable for three parties

Click to see full-size image.

on a general level, its has been hitherto very rare for MPs to resign for the outside world mid parliament. Copeland and Stoke Central now, shows how unhappy sections of the PLP are, presumably thinking they are out of office til 2025 at the earliest

this was the smallest number of votes to win any 2015 seat

high levels of apathy, less than 50% turnout

speculation already that Nuttall may stand as its so winnable

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: January 13, 2017, 11:19:06 AM »

How Stoke-on-Trent voted in EU referendum

Remain: 36,027
Leave: 81,563

ooof.

My eyes are open wide
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: January 13, 2017, 12:43:56 PM »

speculation already that Nuttall may stand as its so winnable

If he stands he'll be a shoe-in IMO.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: January 13, 2017, 12:53:25 PM »

Most people who vote labour probably only have their job because of the excessive spending on rich people in the firms they work for.  Can't imagine the labour voting croupiers in Palm Beach or Ferrari garage workers being too impressed being thrown on the dole because of a maximum wage killing their businesses.  It is so stupid you can't even believe JC is for real whether you vote red, blue, yellow, UKIP or monster raving.

Let's say somehow it was introduced.  What would the max wage be?  £500k?  £1m?  Lower?  The JAM's in society struggle to live on £80k a year they would have you believe.

And if there is a maximum wage then the cost of ferraris becomes cheaper.  

No they wouldn't it is a global market.  Ferraris are not cheaper in the most potless African country just because they earn fuck all.  They just do without them.  Give me a laugh poker broker and tell me what you would set the max wage at.  It would mean Celtic and Rangers could easily win the EPL title if they ever moved south though.

£150k p/a seems fine to me. 

I like the swiss model, i think it is where the chief exec can't earn more than 100 x more than the guy at the bottom. 

Do you really think that a max wage should be £150k per annum?

If you did the country would be screwed. Entrepreneurs along with the jobs they create would be gone in a shot.

People have to have an incentive to take risks. Capping income at £150k is laughable.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: January 13, 2017, 01:02:44 PM »

I like the swiss model, i think it is where the chief exec can't earn more than 100 x more than the guy at the bottom. 

I thought the Swiss voted against it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_executive_pay_referendum,_2013
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/24/switzerland-votes-against-cap-executive-pay

Roche CEO is on $12.5m, pretty sure their cleaners aren't on $125k.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7089 on: January 13, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »

I thought the Swiss voted against it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_executive_pay_referendum,_2013
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/24/switzerland-votes-against-cap-executive-pay

Roche CEO is on $12.5m, pretty sure their cleaners aren't on $125k.

I think the only place that has ever really tried it is the paradise of Cuba, where the maximum wage is $20 a month.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: January 13, 2017, 01:16:21 PM »

Most people who vote labour probably only have their job because of the excessive spending on rich people in the firms they work for.  Can't imagine the labour voting croupiers in Palm Beach or Ferrari garage workers being too impressed being thrown on the dole because of a maximum wage killing their businesses.  It is so stupid you can't even believe JC is for real whether you vote red, blue, yellow, UKIP or monster raving.

Let's say somehow it was introduced.  What would the max wage be?  £500k?  £1m?  Lower?  The JAM's in society struggle to live on £80k a year they would have you believe.

No they wouldn't it is a global market.  Ferraris are not cheaper in the most potless African country just because they earn fuck all.  They just do without them.  Give me a laugh poker broker and tell me what you would set the max wage at.  It would mean Celtic and Rangers could easily win the EPL title if they ever moved south though.

If you did the country would be screwed. Entrepreneurs along with the jobs they create would be gone in a shot.

People have to have an incentive to take risks. Capping income at £150k is laughable.

Seems like a great idea.

Cap the maximum wage at a level that the most anybody can borrow is less than half the value of a flat in London.

It's a typical bitter attitude towards other peoples success. Rather than wanting the lower earners to earn more they prefer to bring successful people down to their level. That's the way, rather than trying to make everybody prosper let's all be poor  thumbs up

Actually f**k it. Let's all live in breeze block flats with our gas and electric paid for by the state.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: January 13, 2017, 01:23:21 PM »

Seems like a great idea.

Cap the maximum wage at a level that the most anybody can borrow is less than half the value of a flat in London.

It's a typical bitter attitude towards other peoples success. Rather than wanting the lower earners to earn more they prefer to bring successful people down to their level. That's the way, rather than trying to make everybody prosper let's all be poor  thumbs up

Actually f**k it. Let's all live in breeze block flats with our gas and electric paid for by the state.

Sounds good, where do I sign up?  Cheesy
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: January 13, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »

Seems like a great idea.

Most areas of Scotland obv

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: January 13, 2017, 08:21:11 PM »

Seems like a great idea.

Most areas of Scotland obv

Cheesy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: January 14, 2017, 10:20:25 AM »

This is good on a tough week for the "relaunched" Team Corbyn:

the article implies there's a lack of strategic thought, communications planning & professional politics in leadership team

http://www.totalpolitics.com/articles/opinion/ayesha-hazarika-corbyns-car-crash-relaunch-becoming-pile

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: