blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:41:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198731 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7095 on: January 14, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »

some potential good news

Davis/Hammond will be heartened by Barnier privately suggesting being harsh on City impacts EU financial stability:

EU negotiator wants 'special' deal over access to City post-Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/13/eu-negotiator-wants-special-deal-over-access-to-city-post-brexit?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: January 14, 2017, 10:22:59 AM »

Indy: "Theresa May's 'illegal' plan to trigger Article 50 could be delayed by months"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-northern-ireland-crisis-stormont-assembly-delay-theresa-may-illegal-article-50-a7526126.html

My eyes are open wide
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: January 14, 2017, 03:15:55 PM »

Most people who vote labour probably only have their job because of the excessive spending on rich people in the firms they work for.  Can't imagine the labour voting croupiers in Palm Beach or Ferrari garage workers being too impressed being thrown on the dole because of a maximum wage killing their businesses.  It is so stupid you can't even believe JC is for real whether you vote red, blue, yellow, UKIP or monster raving.

Let's say somehow it was introduced.  What would the max wage be?  £500k?  £1m?  Lower?  The JAM's in society struggle to live on £80k a year they would have you believe.

And if there is a maximum wage then the cost of ferraris becomes cheaper.  

No they wouldn't it is a global market.  Ferraris are not cheaper in the most potless African country just because they earn fuck all.  They just do without them.  Give me a laugh poker broker and tell me what you would set the max wage at.  It would mean Celtic and Rangers could easily win the EPL title if they ever moved south though.

£150k p/a seems fine to me. 

I like the swiss model, i think it is where the chief exec can't earn more than 100 x more than the guy at the bottom. 

Do you really think that a max wage should be £150k per annum?

If you did the country would be screwed. Entrepreneurs along with the jobs they create would be gone in a shot.

People have to have an incentive to take risks. Capping income at £150k is laughable.

Seems like a great idea.

Cap the maximum wage at a level that the most anybody can borrow is less than half the value of a flat in London.

It's a typical bitter attitude towards other peoples success. Rather than wanting the lower earners to earn more they prefer to bring successful people down to their level. That's the way, rather than trying to make everybody prosper let's all be poor  thumbs up

Actually f**k it. Let's all live in breeze block flats with our gas and electric paid for by the state.

Yeah because what we have now is working for the majority? 

Oh, no wat it's not. 

The most valuable people in our society don't earn close to the maximum wage I mentioned so yeah I'd be more than happy to see a cap. 
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: January 14, 2017, 09:02:46 PM »

Most people who vote labour probably only have their job because of the excessive spending on rich people in the firms they work for.  Can't imagine the labour voting croupiers in Palm Beach or Ferrari garage workers being too impressed being thrown on the dole because of a maximum wage killing their businesses.  It is so stupid you can't even believe JC is for real whether you vote red, blue, yellow, UKIP or monster raving.

Let's say somehow it was introduced.  What would the max wage be?  £500k?  £1m?  Lower?  The JAM's in society struggle to live on £80k a year they would have you believe.

And if there is a maximum wage then the cost of ferraris becomes cheaper.  

No they wouldn't it is a global market.  Ferraris are not cheaper in the most potless African country just because they earn fuck all.  They just do without them.  Give me a laugh poker broker and tell me what you would set the max wage at.  It would mean Celtic and Rangers could easily win the EPL title if they ever moved south though.

£150k p/a seems fine to me. 

I like the swiss model, i think it is where the chief exec can't earn more than 100 x more than the guy at the bottom. 

Do you really think that a max wage should be £150k per annum?

If you did the country would be screwed. Entrepreneurs along with the jobs they create would be gone in a shot.

People have to have an incentive to take risks. Capping income at £150k is laughable.

Seems like a great idea.

Cap the maximum wage at a level that the most anybody can borrow is less than half the value of a flat in London.

It's a typical bitter attitude towards other peoples success. Rather than wanting the lower earners to earn more they prefer to bring successful people down to their level. That's the way, rather than trying to make everybody prosper let's all be poor  thumbs up

Actually f**k it. Let's all live in breeze block flats with our gas and electric paid for by the state.

Yeah because what we have now is working for the majority? 

Oh, no wat it's not. 

The most valuable people in our society don't earn close to the maximum wage I mentioned so yeah I'd be more than happy to see a cap. 

You must have a reason for cap at £150k.

Care to enlighten us as to the logic of this figure?
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: January 14, 2017, 11:06:37 PM »

I think it's a sufficient enough maximum wage for anyone to get on with a comfortable standard of living.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7100 on: January 15, 2017, 08:46:44 AM »

I think it's a sufficient enough maximum wage for anyone to get on with a comfortable standard of living.

Not if you want to buy a house in the SE

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7101 on: January 15, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »

This seems a good way of giving more money to shareholders, not going to reduce inequality much.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:55:32 AM by neeko » Logged

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: January 15, 2017, 11:54:32 AM »

How would this encourage people to grow businesses and create jobs?

These are jobs for the people you want to help.

If you imagine implement your plan, once people were earning £150k, they would stop investing and growing their business. It would kill the economy.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: January 15, 2017, 11:57:38 AM »

its a global economy. businesses wouldn't base themselves in the uk as they wouldn't be able to attract talent. top end tax revenue would plummet.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: January 15, 2017, 11:59:49 AM »

so this came out yesterday

On who would do a better job at managing the NHS this winter:

T. May & the Tories: 43%
J. Corbyn & Labour: 31%
(via ComRes / 11 - 13 Jan)

on the one hand, if Labour is behind on the NHS, then forget about it

but partyleaders are named in the question. when you gove asked the same question two weeks ago without mention of may and corbyn, labour led

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: January 15, 2017, 12:01:17 PM »

the sunday times lead

out of the single market, the customs union and the ECHJ

expecting another plunge in the pound when this is confirmed

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: January 15, 2017, 12:46:56 PM »

its a global economy. businesses wouldn't base themselves in the uk as they wouldn't be able to attract talent. top end tax revenue would plummet.

Globalisation is a massive part of first world problems. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: January 15, 2017, 12:49:55 PM »

Globalisation is a massive part of first world problems. 

for a segment of society. about to get worse too with a step change in technology. protectionism and increased barriers to entrepreneurship isn't the answer though (as superficially appealing as it seems to the left)

My eyes are open wide
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: January 15, 2017, 03:15:14 PM »

Tristram Hunt is resigning his seat to become director of the V&A museum.

Another byelection, in the heart of Brexit country. Just what Corbyn needs.

interesting angle from a insider on Tristram

http://averypublicsociologist.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/goodbye-to-tristram.html

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: January 15, 2017, 11:34:22 PM »

Filthy capitalists

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-blackrock-executivepay-letter-idUKKBN14Z0WF
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: