blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198046 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:30 AM »

...And of course my brexit bet come in.  Going to be the least celebrated win ever.  Pretty glad I have my dollars already.  Another £600 in my back pocket.  Right now my most successful visit to vegas ever. 

Looking on the bright side.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: June 24, 2016, 11:27:33 AM »

Too fun that the majority of the written media, the whole of the Tory party, 80% of labour MPs all brand Corbyn an unelectable nutter and then blame him for not getting the vote out.

Petards anyone ?

He hardly tried to get the vote out, thats why

tom watson tried, alan johnson was a labour figurehead, a few others on the debates, sadiq khan notably

corbyn wouldn't share a platform with cameron. ok, can understand that i suppose

but his comment that he did not want to see any restrictions to freedom of movement an hour after his deputy postulated that there should be was two fingers up at his core vote.

thats why Corbyn is in trouble. He should be. The membership vote probably keeps him in, but that doesn't help Labour in a snap GE

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: June 24, 2016, 11:28:46 AM »

Too fun that the majority of the written media, the whole of the Tory party, 80% of labour MPs all brand Corbyn an unelectable nutter and then blame him for not getting the vote out.

Petards anyone ?

Agree.

I actually think Corbyn and Cameron should both stay, this really is a non-partisan issue for the most part, I'm not in the camp of 'resign if things are not 100% how you want them'.

Yep, it was so odd that most of the attacks on leave by Labour were party political as most of the reps of leave were Tory/UKIP. It was a confused and shambolic effort by just about the entire 'establishment' and I think we are where we are today wholly because of that.

I ended up being about 55% out and that is how I voted but as an 'outer' I could have done a better job of portraying the benefits of being a member of the EU (I think there are many) than the remain campaign did

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 24, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »

The seemingly low opinion from people about our country is staggering. We are one of the most multi-cultural, diverse and tolerant countries in the world...yet we are 'racist'. We have just turned around to the whole world and stated we are open for business...yet we are 'inward looking'. We have just shown we believe in equality for all people...not just people from certain geographic areas. We have embraced every vote and counted all votes equally...yet people suggest when you reach a certain age your input shouldn't matter. Some hideous ideas and comments about Britain really, just the sort of attitude that will hold us back as we try and move forward.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: June 24, 2016, 11:29:03 AM »

Can someone help me with something? When we re-enter new trade agreements with the EU, won't we have to abide by a lot of their immigration and right to roam laws anyway? If so, are they likely to be similar to the ones set in place now?

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: June 24, 2016, 11:30:46 AM »

Dan i posted this up earlier

take your pick, different implications for trade, immigration/workers rights etc

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3396 on: June 24, 2016, 11:33:33 AM »

Has anyone seen what % of young people (I guess 25 and under?) voted?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: June 24, 2016, 11:34:30 AM »

The seemingly low opinion from people about our country is staggering. We are one of the most multi-cultural, diverse and tolerant countries in the world...yet we are 'racist'. We have just turned around to the whole world and stated we are open for business...yet we are 'inward looking'. We have just shown we believe in equality for all people...not just people from certain geographic areas. We have embraced every vote and counted all votes equally...yet people suggest when you reach a certain age your input shouldn't matter. Some hideous ideas and comments about Britain really, just the sort of attitude that will hold us back as we try and move forward.

Possibly the most sensible post you've ever made, and that includes the ones on the PHA board Smiley

I'm stealing it for elsewhere.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 24, 2016, 11:39:13 AM »

Petards anyone ?

tom watson tried, alan johnson was a labour figurehead, a few others on the debates, sadiq khan notably

corbyn wouldn't share a platform with cameron. ok, can understand that i suppose

but his comment that he did not want to see any restrictions to freedom of movement an hour after his deputy postulated that there should be was two fingers up at his core vote.

thats why Corbyn is in trouble. He should be. The membership vote probably keeps him in, but that doesn't help Labour in a snap GE

I understand all that except it's a matter of integrity to state clearly that if we stay there can be no upper limit on immigration or restrictions on movement. I admire him for that more than feel critical of him.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 24, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »

Petards anyone ?

I understand all that except it's a matter of integrity to state clearly that if we stay there can be no upper limit on immigration or restrictions on movement. I admire him for that more than feel critical of him.

ok, i get that back. do you really think he's in touch with his vote though (not the london luvvies, the labour heartlands)?

if not, why is he leader?

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: June 24, 2016, 11:43:30 AM »

Has anyone seen what % of young people (I guess 25 and under?) voted?

I would think you can only make an educated guess about this based on the overall demographics of those who registered

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: June 24, 2016, 11:47:20 AM »

Possibly the most sensible post you've ever made, and that includes the ones on the PHA board Smiley

I'm stealing it for elsewhere.

How does this show we are open for business?  And how are we not treating people differently based on geography.  Previously we gave priority to Europeans, now it is just those from the UK.  It is just the same as before, just with a different region.

Anyway, may as well take advantage of the turmoil and buy some shares.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:54:26 AM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: June 24, 2016, 11:52:08 AM »

Can someone tell me in simple terms the obv benefits for leaving, as all the bad points are easy for me to see.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: June 24, 2016, 11:53:40 AM »

Petards anyone ?

ok, i get that back. do you really think he's in touch with his vote though (not the london luvvies, the labour heartlands)?

Aah, I agree he has little merit as a leader in the short term if being elected is the only raison d'etre. In the same way Kinnock dragged the party to the centre and paved the way for the electable Blair I think someone had to drag Labour leftwards to help them find a new position that could be appealing/electable etc but wasn't simply Tory lite.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: June 24, 2016, 12:00:15 PM »

Petards anyone ?

Aah, I agree he has little merit as a leader in the short term if being elected is the only raison d'etre. In the same way Kinnock dragged the party to the centre and paved the way for the electable Blair I think someone had to drag Labour leftwards to help them find a new position that could be appealing/electable etc but wasn't simply Tory lite.

ok i understand

so a labour voter is praying for no snap general election post boris or May? because they aren't ready?

different answer if corbyn's successor is in place (assuming they appeal to broader groupings)?

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: