blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:55:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2190976 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20805 on: September 13, 2019, 04:08:28 PM »

I think they definitely would still want to supply/ sell to us Adz, I was just reading into it what a no deal scenario would cause with delays getting it here

But we are round another part of the circle. The guys RUNNING customs have no worries. Your biggest problem, is the same as I had today when good old Pierre French Policeman has to be seen to earn his crust so takes dabs from everyone steering wheels and then lets you all wait out of sheer bloodymindedness for half and hour before waving you on.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20806 on: September 13, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »

the customs paperwork, if no deal, is levying tariffs. It's unavoidable. As has have also posted with the maths of what this means, there is a big knock on effect is so much as one lorry doesn't process in time because of no/wrong paperwork. Might be a short term thing, might not be.

Lets hope there is a deal.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20807 on: September 13, 2019, 04:19:59 PM »

It's a bit like you have asked the kids to write a report on someone they saw on the telly, as a project.

Yes, it all looks very nice, makes a nice story, reads well, and its a good job. However, how much research have they actually done, apart from watch the telly show? They are your kids, so you want to believe them, you have taught them and have faith in them. A+

However you then meet someone who has actually met the man on the telly and he tells you something different that contradicts their story, but for some strange reason, you still decide to listen to the kids, probably cos they are your kids and their story sounds better...

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #20808 on: September 13, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »

But we are round another part of the circle. The guys RUNNING customs have no worries.

The guy who I think made that comment, the head of France's customs department, has been sacked. Looks like France are going to have a month long Brexit dress rehearsal starting on Sunday, hopefully it goes well.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/news/french-customs-struggles-to-cope-with-no-deal-brexit-planning/

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #20809 on: September 13, 2019, 05:26:14 PM »

Lets hope for a No Deal

Clean break

Kick on

Sort out

Paddle own canoe

Survive like other countries do

Start looking after own country problems

We are good enough and strong enough to defend for ourselves

Doom mongers on here tend to forget how great and strong our Great Britain really is

Have faith like the majority of the leave voters have, not doom and gloom we cant survive without our arrogant partners

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20810 on: September 13, 2019, 05:34:59 PM »

Two countries in the world survive on WTO and few trade deals. Ours will take years todo. No deal will lead to severe economic hardship, but probably not for commodity traders in the Midlands with substantial funds behind them.

boris himself was reportedly spooked by how bad no deal looked in forecasts, and is trying to do a deal. Thankfully

I am surprised and disappointed in your view Trevor, it really is so difficult to untangle an integrated major economy in a just in time world.

As to Adz, the rather tortuous analogy completely lost me, not for the first time. Maybe that's me though
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:36:37 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20811 on: September 13, 2019, 05:43:48 PM »

Revolution and counter-revolution. Grey's latest Brexit Blog post analysing how Jacobinism and McCarthyism frame this week's developments including prorogation, rule of law, Yellowhammer, Bercow.

Another long read, I'm afraid but essential reading for a rounded view of a tumultuous week

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2019/09/revolution-and-counter-revolution.html

My eyes are open wide
engy

View Profile
« Reply #20812 on: September 13, 2019, 05:49:19 PM »

I drove HGVs to Cairnryan Lochryan Stranraer ports daily for 3 years. If your picking up an empty trailer they still check you. when the gate workers were having a dispute with the port authorities, and they went on work to rule, which basically meant doing the job on entry and exit to the letter  which happened maybe half a dozen times in those 3 years the chaos there was unbelievable 6 mile tailbacks in no time. I dread to think what a port like Dover will be like.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #20813 on: September 13, 2019, 06:07:21 PM »

Two countries in the world survive on WTO and few trade deals. Ours will take years todo. No deal will lead to severe economic hardship, but probably not for commodity traders in the Midlands with substantial funds behind them.

boris himself was reportedly spooked by how bad no deal looked in forecasts, and is trying to do a deal. Thankfully

I am surprised and disappointed in your view Trevor, it really is so difficult to untangle an integrated major economy in a just in time world.

As to Adz, the rather tortuous analogy completely lost me, not for the first time. Maybe that's me though

No disrespect Rich but I disagree with you

I am entitled to my opinion like you are to yours

Please never be disappointed in my views they aren't always correct I admit, but they haven't  served me too bad either

I know a lot of cleverer people than myself and they are full supporters for No Deal, you think they are wrong they think they are right

Wrongs and rights make markets and discussion

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20814 on: September 13, 2019, 08:11:18 PM »

I said it a few days ago about the response of voters to MP’s, but everywhere Boris goes he’s heckled or facing aggression from voters.

I’ll say this again - you’ve got to worry for him & other MP’s if this continues.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20815 on: September 13, 2019, 10:37:26 PM »

I wouldn't expect you to understand.

You are a far superior being to me, and I am not worthy to even address you. But you know that already.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20816 on: September 14, 2019, 12:44:37 AM »

Lots of different polls and information on Twitter, some from saying Tories could get a majority and one saying likelyhood is 295-300.

But I was staggered to see someones graphs showing about Labour leavers and the way they would vote. I genuinely thought that despite the Labour's move to a softer/no brexit that they still would never vote Tory. But according to this it shows 18% vote Brexit Party and 11% vote Tory. Staggering really.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20817 on: September 14, 2019, 12:47:19 AM »

Lots of different polls and information on Twitter, some from saying Tories could get a majority and one saying likelyhood is 295-300.

But I was staggered to see someones graphs showing about Labour leavers and the way they would vote. I genuinely thought that despite the Labour's move to a softer/no brexit that they still would never vote Tory. But according to this it shows 18% vote Brexit Party and 11% vote Tory. Staggering really.

Not really when you consider who is in charge of the Labour Party.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20818 on: September 14, 2019, 12:52:06 AM »

I get that. But he also is very popular, look at the 2017 result, it was expected to be a huge tory majority. I just don't see how a labour voters values can suddenly tick the tory box. At least if you're vote is all about Brexit, you can understand the a vote for Brexit Party.

Think Labour are going to lose votes everywhere. I certainly would never vote for the again with Jeremy in charge.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20819 on: September 14, 2019, 01:16:43 AM »

I get that. But he also is very popular, look at the 2017 result, it was expected to be a huge tory majority. I just don't see how a labour voters values can suddenly tick the tory box. At least if you're vote is all about Brexit, you can understand the a vote for Brexit Party.

Think Labour are going to lose votes everywhere. I certainly would never vote for the again with Jeremy in charge.

In 2017 maybot was shite and since then people have seen even more what a useless clown JC is, your last sentence really does sum it up. Sure the Brexit stuff on top of that.....He was clearly delighted to support an election recently despite spending the last 6 months asking for one 
Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: