blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  A Long Road Ahead
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Long Road Ahead  (Read 47360 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »

such a new schooler to not know who Jeff Duvall is!

Congrats on the score!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2015, 04:30:14 AM »

Booked a small win on Wednesday after fting the Crocodile on 888 and getting 4th with a few other cashes. Battled one of the h/l regs for a while as we won't be doing much in the future and it was a lot of fun. We played quite contrasting styles, he minraises and I was 3xing pre and we play pretty different postflop too, hes a bit more "gto" and I'm a touch more unbalanced with some unorthodox lines. He's not someone I would choose to play but I managed a small win over 200 hands. Came 13th in the Big 55 and ~50th in the 109 bounty builder thing. QQ<AK in the b55 after having chips for ages but what can you do.

Sunday was decent, just got 5th in the 100e Sunday Special on .fr having come 10th in it twice this year. Pads was going deep too so we had some fun and interesting hands. I made one fairly big mistake which was a touch annoying but I played really well today in general. I think I cashed approximately 7k euros and not many $$$ but I was struggling at one point so no complaints. I was a river away from being 2/5 too with a cheeky 22 < AKs but couldn't find a hold. I've seen lots of guys making some pretty big mistakes imo, really looking forward to grinding next year, I think it will be a big one.

I fly back to Budapest tomorrow having had a great period at home over the Christmas period. I've still got some hands saved from the EPT Main and a little bit from the 5k o8 too. My gf and her family/friends are in Budapest at the moment so I probably won't play at all until early in the new year. I'm not going to post any graphs or anything like that but I will write a bit more of a summary at some point. Hopefully Pads can close this out. Gl to anyone who plays and have a great end to the year. Peace

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »

On the annual Boxing Day walk into Old Leigh Town for some sea food and a guinness I could have sworn you were there mate even though it looked like Christmas had treated you a bit too well  Wink

Click to see full-size image.

Hope you have a great end to the year bud and you crush in 2016!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2016, 06:41:58 PM »

Cheeky bloody git Eso. Jealous I still have some on top? I'll have to work on your doppleganger.

Sunday kinda went well. It was about as brutal as it gets though. Lots of close runs and a few small fts. Ran pretty bad to not close out the horse and if I could turn the overall run good from a variety of comps to one then that would have been sweet, and an easy win. One of my friends lost AA < KJo with 15 or so left in the mil to show me what a really bad beat looks like. I felt some sympathy there. It was for the same amount the two shorter stacks had when the deal occurred.

13th big 55
16th 2nd chance
95th warmup
238th mil
80th sun 2nd chance
35th 44 bounty hunter
3rd sunday plo .fr
12th ACR plo
3rd weekly horse
4th big 100.fr
5th Megako
15th big 82 hyper

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2016, 08:01:06 PM »

On the annual Boxing Day walk into Old Leigh Town for some sea food and a guinness I could have sworn you were there mate even though it looked like Christmas had treated you a bit too well  Wink

Click to see full-size image.

Hope you have a great end to the year bud and you crush in 2016!

Haha brilliant, good spot that Eso. Looks like he's been having a few too many fosters at the blackjack tables Wink

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2016, 11:13:43 PM »

Quick update regarding Dublin I might write some more tonight as my gf has just landed but said she felt tired so I might have some free time tonight.

Bricked the 5k h/l field was small when I regged but I expected it to get bigger ala prague but it ended up with ten runners including 7 online regs and a live pro an unknown drench guy who I didn't see much of and a texan guy who came to play. 3b aqk34 ds vs bedias 4 handed and flop a26r and we get it in. He has a2347 and finds the 5/8 to 3/4 me and I couldn't spin. Main was pretty meh. I have a few interesting hands but cliffs are 33k at end of day one.  Chipped up to 50k and jammed 22 over a 3b late on and lost to jacks.

Day 2 was dull, not much going on and then active Israeli reg looks at my stack and limps the button, reg completes small and I jam 27bb with a3o. Not 100% on this but vs the first limp it will be profitable imo. Sb sigh called ato and won.

Cash has been poor. Games ranged from meh to omg the best game ever but results have been poor. I will write about one crazy cash game session which involved the game turning to omaha dc with a mix of h/l courcheval both high and low and some double flop omaha. Lost my biggest pot with the nuts and a fd redraw that was no good ott and a few silly ones like the original raiser potting off after a short stack 3b for his stack with ak42ss with the suit I covered but couldn't win either pot. Fun times.

Missed 550 plo8 as the app showed 5 runners so I decided to stay in bed, turned out it got 75 somehow, perhaps this was a mistake. Cash was good that night though. I feel like I ran terrible with flops but it's hard to know really. Probably only played 700 hands roughly so w/e.

Excited for a week of relaxation and no poker. Going to hammer March and April to try and set myself up nicely for scoop and wsop.

Cash has gone well this year and the same old story with tournaments lol. Had two swaps come 11th in the last two epts too. I don't even have to be involved to hit the crossbar. Sorry for the lack of updates it's just not too appealing to moan all the time. I do have an idea for a none poker piece I want to write but it might have to wait a while yet.

Peace

strak33

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2016, 11:31:01 AM »

Glad when you update as i enjoy the games you play. So more often would be good.

How big is the Omaha DC? How often does courcheval / h/l get thrown in at stops? Thanks
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2016, 11:42:45 AM »

Cracking read, Adam, post more.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2016, 12:55:53 PM »

Glad when you update as i enjoy the games you play. So more often would be good.

How big is the Omaha DC? How often does courcheval / h/l get thrown in at stops? Thanks

It started off as 5/10 omaha and then an action player lost a pot and asked for h/l to be thrown in. All but one guy agreed and he went to dinner so it kicked off from there. Soon we were asking for 5 cards and on it went. It played much bigger than a typical 5/10 (perhaps not compared to these ept stops, but I don't know for sure) I think there was 3 10k+ pots and the average pot was probably 600+.

Regarding courcheval it can't be too common as we had to explain it to a few of the dealers. There was a very strange moment in the game when Mr. Action asked for double flop omaha. He plays a biggish pot with a reg and shows down Aa on a84j7 and kq652 and his opponent shows kq xxx. Mr. Action says max and starts trying to scoop.  Apparently his version of double flop is the best hand across one board! There was a tense thirty seconds whilst the players looked at each other and a debate went on in french but he conceded to chop fairly quickly in this 3k pot or so. Pretty good of him. I'm somewhat curious as to what the floor would have ruled as I'm not sure they can spread such a crazy game. Good to see him go down the honest route as I've no doubt he wasn't trying to pull an angle here but it was obvious to me/the table that the reg wouldn't have called down if he thought these were the rules.

I booked a small loss in this game which felt fine. I was stuck a reasonable amount and after doubling late on, a lovely irish fella said I think that's the first pot I've seen you win! He span 2k to close to 20k which was sick. There was a 15k pot ( o8) or so where he had jj53x, cold called a 3b and flopped a jack 3 ways on j96 in h/l. Mr action and IF gii on a two hearts turn bringing the fd. It goes pot from IF and pot from action who has ak487 with king high hearts. The reg in the pot is a friend of mine who was kinda shot taking and had akqt2 with 2 of the flopped back doors.  So he was pretty heart broken at the turn and even more so on the queen river.

Not sure how many of these stops il be travelling too. Games are good but the games tend to be multiway variance fests and I think my hourly might be higher online, which is a shame. Barcelona is definitely worth it for the holiday aspect but I don't think il be desperate to come to Dublin again.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2016, 07:21:49 AM »

Keep writing!!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2016, 12:21:41 PM »

Keep writing!!

Not been sure what to say with the real life issues tbh mate. When I'm playing a bit more poker I will.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2016, 09:01:38 AM »

So Dublin was a bit of a disaster. As soon as my girlfriend arrived in Dublin I felt like something was a bit off. She didn't quite welcome me out of the taxi how I expected and I just put it down to a long journey after a working day. After battling through these feelings for a few days, and after her denying any issues a few times, she finally confessed she'd been having doubts about us. This was absolutely devastating to me. I was shocked, I knew things had been hard at home for her but I thought we were great together. I decided to book flights letting us leave Dublin early, partly due to the fact we were supposed to stop with some her close family friends the next day, and I didn't want to be in that environment at all. A week or so later, I flew out to Germany, as she had told me she felt more certain about things and she wanted to continue. This week was horrible. She had to work loads, arranged things like babysitting a 3 year old and an 9 year old on one of the only free evenings we had, as well as just being generally snappy and miserable. I must say my own feelings probably didn't help and we did hash things out a few times later on in the week before I left back to Budapest. Just a week later I received a fb message saying "we need to talk" and after a horrible conversation later we had parted ways. I went to bed the following morning apart from a small hs mtt session (amazing timing lol, played well but got fked hard) and crashed out. On Friday we spoke and she decided to come to Budapest on the Saturday and we spent two nice days together trying not to talk about things and just enjoying each others time. My usual Sunday schedule was spent working on her personal statement for her Masters application! Early Sunday morning she told me she had cancelled her flight and wanted to get one in the evening instead and then after sleeping a bit longer she told me she wanted me to come too. So here I am sat at her family's kitchen table wondering what on earth has happened since the start of February. I honestly feel mentally fatigued by all this shit. I wanted to play poker this morning but having wrote this post I think I'll just end up having a hot bath instead. It has been an incredibly tough situation for both of us but hopefully we will make the right decision in the end. Currently our plans are to see how this week turns out as we were supposed to go to Berlin this weekend anyway. I'm not sure how much longer I can try and grind this out, its hard to know whether a relationship like this can ever fully recover but fingers crossed. Toni is an amazing girl who has made me incredibly happy in the prior 18-24 months to this mess.

Haven't played much in March. Managed back to back double digit finishes in the SWU again. I think thats 15 or so in the last 15 months ffs. They always seem to come in too. Not played too many tournaments and cash is always a worry for me when my emotional guard is weakened. The tournament session Thursday felt pretty good actually, even though everything was raw. I felt very frustrated on the third bad beat or so though. Lost a 30k flip in the Thrill and a 120k pot in the 400 6m ko on .fr which might have been 4x average. 89hh into QTcc on  jt7ccQ. I'm going to try and put some hard work in away from the tables this week and that is something I have managed to do fairly well throughout all this mess. I do owe Verndog a session having missed one due to a really bad hangover that didn't stop till the next day. Peace out and I'll try to make a more exciting/positive update in the future. I just wanted to explain why I'd been fairly quiet (both for people here and for some of my friends who read this)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:07:36 AM by rfgqqabc » Logged

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2016, 10:27:12 AM »

On the brightside this has gotten some of my more apathetic feelings (I wanted to write apatheticness) for life to diminish. I'm looking forward to Scoop and then I have a summer planned in Budapest. I think I'm reasonably likely to stay there unless I win a bunch of $ in which case I might punt some stuff in Vegas. I absolutely want to play the main at some point in my life, but going and coping with all that variance for a surprisingly low hourly (imo) just isn't worth it. I'm beginning to look at poker as more of a springboard to something more exciting and enjoyable again instead of worrying about its long term future. I'm going to try and plan some sort of holiday somewhere. I want to live by the beach for a while and be able to experience a quieter life than Budapest gives me, with a bit more clean air and easy access to the sun and the beach. Budapest in summer is always ridiculously nice though, so maybe I'll save all this until the autumn when my lease runs out. I just signed an extension until October so the timing of that post WCOOP (lol) might make it the best time to visit South America/SE Asia or South Africa where some of my friends are.

One of the sites I played on recently just changed software and its a huge step back imo. I've not spoke much to my contact about why but I really wonder who a)commissioned this and b) gave it the green light having saw it. Its like all the worst parts of the SWC/Ongame and its pretty frustrating. People give far too much credit to people in positions of "power". The world always confuses me and things like the Peter Principle just blow my mind. How many companies promote the best salesperson into a management role? Its so backwards it blows my mind. I have often felt the culture in Britain was that of mediocrity. Where being truly exceptional/different was something to be looked down upon. It was certainly the case during my school days when achieving good marks was looked down upon by your peers, but the school still insisted on ranking pupils in an order of merit on their reports (8/35 for example, not a list). The school tested us using Midyis (MidYIS (Middle Years Information System) is one of a series of monitoring systems written and administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM) based at Durham University, England.) and found out we averaged one of the higher levels of intelligence it had seen in recent years. However, due to a failure in seeing the culture the school were promoting, or just failing to address the general behavior of teenagers, many people tanked their results including myself. Luckily I managed to sort myself out a bit when it came to A levels, particularly in my second year. In sport I was always decent. I played a fairly high standard of rugby both at university/school and at two different clubs. I played in many different teams with many different compositions and it is extremely hard to evaluate things like chemistry and culture within a sporting team or even a workforce. I think my recent relationship problems have helped me to develop as a person. I realise that my happiness shouldn't just be left in the hands of one person. I have truly tried in this relationship to put someone else in front of my own person as much as possible. I wanted to love someone and show to myself that I could be someone I considered a good person (my early love life was an absolute mess) and I think I have achieved that. I have relearnt that times of hardship are also times where we tend to improve the most, and I truly believe I will be a happier and better person no matter what the outcome, something that would have blown my mind if you told me this shortly after Dublin or even last week. I have often felt like my brain was just a bit different to others. Some things I just seemed to get and some things passed me by. I have often felt like I struggled with being a depressive person after my late teenage years but I am not sure that is necessarily true. I think it is often hard to feel positive after a long period of introspection and if you happen to introspect a lot then naturally you will struggle to have a happier mood. Their is a potent correlation between comedians and suicide and I often found myself feeling my social value because I made people laugh. As soon as I thought about the introspection stuff comedy came to mind, and that is a worry. However, worst comes to worst I can always hang up my folding boots and don my writers cap.

This article really hit things home for me; http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/comedians-depression-self-destructing-robin-williams-20140827?page=3

Peace.
These types of updates really put me off blogging last time, but I tried to avoid talking about anything that I find embarrassing and just stick to some life details and feelings.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2016, 10:42:01 AM »

Great honesty mate and that's what makes these blogs/diaries readable imo whether it's real life or people are winning chunks or knocking it in.

Keep it up and enjoy pal.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2016, 03:59:38 PM »

Great updates Picken.

See you in Vegas for the main. Smiley

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: