blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:01:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Vegas PLO/PLO8 5% for sale only.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas PLO/PLO8 5% for sale only.  (Read 14650 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2015, 11:29:57 AM »

Hello all

I will be in Vegas between the 10th and 17th June.  I very much concentrate on O8 now, so will be playing the $3k plo8 (14/6) and the $1k plo(11/6) at the WSOP and $600 plo (15/6) and plo8 (12/6) tournaments at the Venetian.  I won a plo8 FTOPS last year and I feel I am playing much better at plo8/nlo8 than hold em, so am just going to stick to omaha on the stake.  Anything else I play will be off stake. Last time I played the 3k plo8 a couple of years ago and went about 50th and 30 odd were paid.  The standard really isn't high in the plo8 events, with a much higher proportion of people who have no idea than your average hold em tournament.  I am fairly sure somebody tried to play the set in his hand 2 tables out when Tikay ran deep.

In my hold em days I got 2nd in GUKJPT London for £72k and 1st in the highroller on Winamax for about the same.  The latter was on a stake here. Hence I shouldn't be falling apart at any final table.

Morale should be good as I blagged a room in the Encore for this trip.  I can't see me doing much boozing during the stake, so we should be in OK physical shape each day.

I have played several thousand NLO8 sit and goes this year, so am fairly sure of ranges, though I might have to slow down a bit when the blinds are more than 2 minutes long.  My holdem manager says I am officially a whale, which amuses me quite a bit.  I don't think they adjust the numbers betwen slow paced holdem events with 100 BBs and NLO8 hypers where you often have 5 BBs and just have to shove nearly every hand.

I'll probably play a couple of small hold em tournaments at the Wynn on off days (off stake), but don't think that will cause issues unless I get close to the final table of the Saturday one.   Obv if I miss anything, either because of that, or because I reach day 2 of any of the above, or just because I feel bad, I will return with mark up.

I will be selling at 1.1.  I have sold 15% to previous investors.  Not sure if I can reveal names, so lets call them flat cap anon, Sky's best poker analyst anon and best dressed anon.

There is only a max of 5% left and I will not be selling more than that.

1% is $57.20.  5% is $286.

I haven't included re-entries, but I can do them at the Venetian.  There doesn't seem to be a limit, but it is only 3 levels (2 hours).  If I make any, I will only charge 1.0.  I think setting a premium on re-entries creates an (extra) incentive to bust a short stack, so I won't do that.   You can set a max number of re-entries, and I will let you know if I make one as soon as I can.  I will just make them if I feel good and think I am still value.   I will say now, I am unlikely to make more than 1 in the omaha, as I suspect I'll be tilted after 2 busts, but am very confident in my plo8 game at this standard, so will probably just keep rebuying!  The most likely outcome is I will make none, so don't think we need to take money now.  If I make any you can just settle these after, or hopefully take them from teh winnings. 

Can take on stars or cash in Vegas (10th to the 17th only), or if you want bank numbers let me know.

I will post updates here and may even post some pictures now I have photobucket.

Doobs

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:37:29 AM »

Know this is gonna get snapped up! Can't take it myself ATM but wish u all the best

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 11:38:23 AM »

Lock it up

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »

Lock it up

Will assume this means you are taking all 5 and not reporting me for some misdemeanour.

And thanks for the good wishes George.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 12:35:20 PM »

why the wall of text for only 5% lol ffs I even read some of it  

very best of luck thumbs up

just incase it frees up, yes 5% all rest etc.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »

Good luck Doobs & Co!

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 03:06:02 PM »

Lock it up

Will assume this means you are taking all 5 and not reporting me for some misdemeanour.

And thanks for the good wishes George.

Yea 5% pls

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »

Good luck Doobs & Co!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »

I will be selling at 1.1.  I have sold 15% to previous investors.  Not sure if I can reveal names, so lets call them flat cap anon, Sky's best poker analyst anon and best dressed anon.

You appear to have listed me twice.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 04:18:26 PM »

You appear to have listed me twice.

I owe you a latte Mr tinned tomata anon. 

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 04:54:22 PM »

Sent ~ vbol and enjoy the trip

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 08:23:06 PM »

Sent ~ vbol and enjoy the trip

Got the money and thanks to you and everyone else who has wished me good luck.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 08:28:59 PM »

Good luck doober and Simon.

Best post ever for 5%.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 08:29:40 PM »

Good luck Dave
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 11:42:15 AM »

Plane is at gate 13.  I don't normally believe this nonsense but feeling a bit put out by this turn of events.  Surely they can go gate 12, gate 14 like they do in some hotels.  Maybe good to get the negative variance in early.  Paid extra £50 for exit row and got a little shelf by my side which is a bonus.  Leg room about 2 metres. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: