blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:02:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100328 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2015, 01:13:43 AM »

As soon as we got Stoke in the cup quarter final draw, my eyes just rolled into the back of my head. It does feel that beating Arsenal was a complete waste of time to get Stoke in the next round. Playing a smaller club, that happen to have a better team than us & will likely knock us out of the cup is so zzzzzzz.

You know what will happen though this weekend, we beat Arsenal, then lose to a Forest side who are in bad form.

Not that it matters to me these days, a complete armchair fan now. I won't pay the prices.

£52, no thanks.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2015, 01:46:07 AM »

As soon as we got Stoke in the cup quarter final draw, my eyes just rolled into the back of my head. It does feel that beating Arsenal was a complete waste of time to get Stoke in the next round. Playing a smaller club, that happen to have a better team than us & will likely knock us out of the cup is so zzzzzzz.

You know what will happen though this weekend, we beat Arsenal, then lose to a Forest side who are in bad form.

Not that it matters to me these days, a complete armchair fan now. I won't pay the prices.

£52, no thanks.

You had more to drink than me arron? You are in good form tonight,
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2015, 09:55:58 AM »

£52, no thanks.

Aaron, nice try you almost got Arbboy there.

I'll bite on the £52 ticket price though.

Its £30 on Kop and £33 on North Stand. You get a £5 reduction if you are a member as well.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2015, 02:33:32 PM »

£52, no thanks.

Its £30 on Kop and £33 on North Stand. You get a £5 reduction if you are a member as well.

Sorry, but there are times when it will cost £52 to get into Hillsborough. It should never cost that much, regardless of stand or opponent.

I don't think I can justify paying over £30 to get in to be honest.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2015, 02:52:23 PM »

£52, no thanks.

Sorry, but there are times when it will cost £52 to get into Hillsborough. It should never cost that much, regardless of stand or opponent.

You implied it was £52 on Saturday which is not the case.

I think the club have reviewed their original policy and have realised that £52 is unrealistic.

They are pricing games more sensibly.

Forest game is a good example, nowhere near top pricing structure for what is a game against a team 35 miles down the road.

Then take the next game at home against top of the table Brighton - it's £20 anywhere in the ground.

Perhaps that will see you down there Aaron?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:55:37 PM by RickBFA » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2015, 11:15:28 PM »

£52, no thanks.

You implied it was £52 on Saturday which is not the case.

I think the club have reviewed their original policy and have realised that £52 is unrealistic.

They are pricing games more sensibly.

Forest game is a good example, nowhere near top pricing structure for what is a game against a team 35 miles down the road.

Then take the next game at home against top of the table Brighton - it's £20 anywhere in the ground.

Perhaps that will see you down there Aaron?

Nope - I am not going down whilst the prices are like that. It might be £5 or £50, MK or Arsenal. No thank you.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2015, 02:40:57 PM »

I really think Hull at 13/8 to get promoted are great odds and will also be having some on Championship winners at 11/2

I went to see us at MK Dons, my home town, this weekend and couldn't fault the boys at all. Brucey has got them organised and playing football and has managed to keep the team's morale high, even with going down when we probably shouldn't have.

Got some high class players (for the Champs) in Diame, Hernandez and Akpom and I would be very disappointed if we don't bounce straight back up.

(you can also get Leeds at 150/1 on Skyebet which HUGE amounts higher than elsewhere, not saying I think they're going to turn it around mind)
cish n fhips

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »

I really think Hull at 13/8 to get promoted are great odds and will also be having some on Championship winners at 11/2

I went to see us at MK Dons, my home town, this weekend and couldn't fault the boys at all. Brucey has got them organised and playing football and has managed to keep the team's morale high, even with going down when we probably shouldn't have.

Got some high class players (for the Champs) in Diame, Hernandez and Akpom and I would be very disappointed if we don't bounce straight back up.

(you can also get Leeds at 150/1 on Skyebet which HUGE amounts higher than elsewhere, not saying I think they're going to turn it around mind)

Lets see how you feel when Middlesbrough show them how to play at the weekend.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2015, 04:56:10 PM »

Should be a cracking game in all honesty - looking forward to it!
cish n fhips

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2015, 07:58:36 PM »

Snap.Hope it turns out to be a cracker.

Should be a cracking game in all honesty - looking forward to it!
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2015, 04:13:41 AM »

seems first time in years that the bookies seem to confident about who's going to be in the promotion hunt at the end of the season, looks like only 8 teams. Which is weird.

Wednesday at 9's - Not played brilliant at all, but not played significantly badly.

Birmingham at 25's - In play-offs, but likely to drift.

Anyone below 8th and 9th getting involved this season?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2015, 08:15:01 AM »

Still think QPR have a shot if they ditch Ramsey.  Problem is Les will go for his mate Sherwood as replacement which torpedoes it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »

last night, Brighton equal club record 16 consecutive league games unbeaten - set in 1931.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2015, 09:38:14 AM »

Leeds end club record 12-match winless home league run with their victory v Cardiff last night.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2015, 07:04:50 PM »

Cracking result at home to 'Boro on Saturday, from what I see from the extended highlights, we played out of our skin. The league really is shaping up to have a great run in!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: