blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:40:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100332 times)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2015, 06:06:08 PM »

Brentford appoint dean smith from walsall as manager. what do our two Brentford fans think about that?

I've got to be honest, I know very little about him! Walsall seem to have had an excellent start to the season so hopefully they've done that playing decent high tempo stuff. I wish him all the best and hope he is luckier with injuries than Dijkhuizen.

Looking forward to seeing us lose a dour 1-0 on Sky later!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2015, 10:39:37 AM »

19 Nov: Reading's Steve Clarke holds talks with Fulham

20 Nov: 'This was the best option by a mile – to stay here'

4 Dec: Reading sack him

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2015, 05:45:08 AM »

Bolton been handed winding up petition and 12 point deduction forthcoming. Not good.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2015, 10:17:06 AM »

near the end of a long haul, hopefully

AFC Wimbledon's application for a new stadium at Plough Lane has been approved

My eyes are open wide
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2015, 11:34:09 AM »

Looking forward to having McDermott back at Reading. Think he was hard done by when they sacked him.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2015, 11:56:59 AM »

Fulham, Bolton and Nottingham Forest are banned from signing players in January after breaching Financial Fair Play rules

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2015, 03:30:31 PM »

Will be interesting to see what the January transfer window brings.

Seems to be the case that January purchase's aren't usually great value for money, that's the perception anyway.

Rumours that Wednesday's owner may splash some cash.

His project has been quietly ticking over with a much improved squad and with one play off place minimum up for grabs he may be tempted to buy big. Still rumours about players like Rhodes and McCormack.

I think he'd be smarter to take his time (especially if Hooper starts firing on all cylinders) and pick up players in the summer, especially those available on Bosmans without spending stupid money on fees.

fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »

For Boro there are strong rumours Bamford will be back with us from January, apart from that I see us extending Zucculini's loan from City and that's about it.

I'm off to fortress Riverside to see us play Wednesday on the 28th, sounds like you lot are bringing a couple of thousand up, so should be a cracking game!
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »

For Boro there are strong rumours Bamford will be back with us from January, apart from that I see us extending Zucculini's loan from City and that's about it.

I'm off to fortress Riverside to see us play Wednesday on the 28th, sounds like you lot are bringing a couple of thousand up, so should be a cracking game!

Its on Sky, so I have a day out with the lads to the pub planned. Looking forward to it.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2016, 11:52:50 AM »

Will be interesting to see what the January transfer window brings.

Seems to be the case that January purchase's aren't usually great value for money, that's the perception anyway.

Rumours that Wednesday's owner may splash some cash.

His project has been quietly ticking over with a much improved squad and with one play off place minimum up for grabs he may be tempted to buy big. Still rumours about players like Rhodes and McCormack.

I think he'd be smarter to take his time (especially if Hooper starts firing on all cylinders) and pick up players in the summer, especially those available on Bosmans without spending stupid money on fees.

Looks like Wednesday's owner isn't keen on waiting too long to take the club forward.

Seems we are buying Blackman from Reading and very strong rumours from Sky about us buying Judge from Brentford.

Both good quality players at Championship level.

A play off place is there for the taking.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2016, 01:40:51 PM »

Seemingly going to take a substantial offer to get Judge. Also, his missus has just had a baby so presumably uprouting her from her mates wouldnt be an ideal situation at this point in time.

@fairwaywedge
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2016, 02:00:00 PM »

Seemingly going to take a substantial offer to get Judge. Also, his missus has just had a baby so presumably uprouting her from her mates wouldnt be an ideal situation at this point in time.

Think he has 18 months left on his contract so his value will be starting to drop in the near future. Perhaps the right time for Brentford to take the cash.

He may end up at one of the top 2 Championship clubs or a lower Premier League team than come to us.

Seems to be highly regarded.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2016, 02:28:28 PM »

A lot of people seem to think we need to sign strikers, but I think we need to sign something across the pitch. The defence is not as good as it has been previously and I still think, at times, we miss something in midfield.

Let's hope that Carlos will know his best side too. No point in buying these, if he is going to play the fringe players every two games.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2016, 08:41:06 PM »

Think he has 18 months left on his contract so his value will be starting to drop in the near future. Perhaps the right time for Brentford to take the cash.

He may end up at one of the top 2 Championship clubs or a lower Premier League team than come to us.

Having sold Gray for £9mil in the summer, we don't need to sell for FFP reasons and Matthew Benham certainly has enough cash in his pocket to need to sell. I think it's much more likely he'll run his contract down than leave this Jan.

@fairwaywedge
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2016, 09:27:10 PM »

Having sold Gray for £9mil in the summer, we don't need to sell for FFP reasons and Matthew Benham certainly has enough cash in his pocket to need to sell. I think it's much more likely he'll run his contract down than leave this Jan.

He may well do that, bit of a gamble though.

He has been a late developer, 27 years old now?

He only has to pick up a nasty injury/lose form etc and he's screwed a big pay day. Other option, force a move now and take a 3 year contract on 3-4 times what he earns now and he's secure for life.

With a family, the more guaranteed money now option might just be attractive.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: