blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:44:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272891 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100669 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »

Here's how it goes,

You turn down bid from us.

Knockeart realises Newcastle/Benitez want him, tells club he wants move.

Brighton end up accepting 10m.

Don't worry, will loan u some players next season 😜

Pretty sure Tony Bloom doesn't care what Newcastle/Rafa Benitez/Anthony Knockaert wants. I could see that scenario happening if you were dealing with a club like Ipswich but Brighton's owner seems like the last man in the division likely to sell an asset for less than their actual value.

Indeed, we don't need to sell, have the second best team in the division but every player has his price.

We only paid £2m for Knockaert in January. We have plenty of strong wingers for this division, Murphy, skalak, lua lua, March. However knockaert is simply ridiculous, would be very very surprised if he left for a championship side. Newcastle likely to go straight back down too if they go up but money talks.

I wasn't that impressed with Knockaert. Seems like a bit of a show pony, all tricks, but vanished against Boro last game of the season when the pressure was on.

No way is he worth 15m. If you got a 10m bid, you should snap their hands off.

lol, 5 goals and 6 assists in 19 games from midfield suggests otherwise and being the highest scorers in 2016 after his arrival

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 03, 2016, 11:47:30 AM »

Local paper and SSN says we are close to clinching Pritchard. Last time a potential signing was in the public news it fell through last minute and Clayton joined Boro.

Fully expecting the same for this, if not, our first 11 is ridicously good.

Called it, agent wins again and he is off to Norwich. Weird as means Hoolahan will now be benched!

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 03, 2016, 11:59:50 AM »

Local paper and SSN says we are close to clinching Pritchard. Last time a potential signing was in the public news it fell through last minute and Clayton joined Boro.

Called it, agent wins again and he is off to Norwich. Weird as means Hoolahan will now be benched!

Hard to compete with parachute payments. Give's club coming down a big advantage.

Villa just paid £12 for McCormack. Is he really a £12m player?

Feels like a panic buy to me.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 03, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »

Two days to go.

Very much looking forward to it Smiley

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 03, 2016, 12:07:28 PM »

its difficult to think in absolute valuations isn't it?

Villa have been taken over, have parachute payments and McCormack has a really goalscoring record

38 in 89 for a bad fulham side in 2.5 seasons

He's scored 130 goals in this division in 330 games over the last nine seasons

I think Gestede is a very promising player, and playing McCormack off him just feels like a good partnership..target man with poacher etc

i think it could be a very shrewd punt...not least because you stop norwich getting him and you think that behind newcaslte they are major threat

£12m is peanuts if he scores 20+ and they go straight back up and not the end of the world as a fee if they don't given the new owner's finances

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 03, 2016, 07:52:45 PM »

its difficult to think in absolute valuations isn't it?

Villa have been taken over, have parachute payments and McCormack has a really goalscoring record

38 in 89 for a bad fulham side in 2.5 seasons

He's scored 130 goals in this division in 330 games over the last nine seasons

I think Gestede is a very promising player, and playing McCormack off him just feels like a good partnership..target man with poacher etc

i think it could be a very shrewd punt...not least because you stop norwich getting him and you think that behind newcaslte they are major threat

£12m is peanuts if he scores 20+ and they go straight back up and not the end of the world as a fee if they don't given the new owner's finances

All of this.

See also selling Ciaran Clark to Newcastle.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 03, 2016, 07:54:08 PM »

Hard to compete with parachute payments. Give's club coming down a big advantage.

Villa just paid £12 for McCormack. Is he really a £12m player?

Feels like a panic buy to me.

Yeah, we have players on around £20k so I am guessing Pritchard is being offered £25k or in that region. Hard to compete on players but I'm sure with one or two last minute additions we and sheff wed will be challenging top6.

£12m for Ross is a bit much considering he's 30 this month and will have no resale value, and I am guessing he's on 30plus a week. Villa have a player on £60k a week too (traore).

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: August 03, 2016, 08:16:31 PM »

Don't personally think our transfers would be much different if parachute payments weren't about. Think Brighton and Norwich will be up there with us.

Chuffed with our transfers, gayle, Ritchie, Diame and Hayden all seem great buys.

Hanley and C. Clarke are abit whatever, but it's nice to have a squad and backup for once, haven't had backup defenders for years and always end up playing players out of positions.

Rafa just mentioned on radio we are still trying to bring one or two more in so that should be interesting, although he admitted he can't see Brighton letting knockeart go.

Looking forward to an exciting season, don't expect us to walk it as many do, the league isn't what it was in 2009 but fully expect us to be there or there abouts
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 03, 2016, 10:55:43 PM »

Don't personally think our transfers would be much different if parachute payments weren't about. Think Brighton and Norwich will be up there with us.

Chuffed with our transfers, gayle, Ritchie, Diame and Hayden all seem great buys.

Hanley and C. Clarke are abit whatever, but it's nice to have a squad and backup for once, haven't had backup defenders for years and always end up playing players out of positions.

Rafa just mentioned on radio we are still trying to bring one or two more in so that should be interesting, although he admitted he can't see Brighton letting knockeart go.

Looking forward to an exciting season, don't expect us to walk it as many do, the league isn't what it was in 2009 but fully expect us to be there or there abouts

Agree with all of this, I'd say Ritchie is the best signing, I was suprised he dropped down as he was very good at Bournemouth.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 04, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »

Ross McCormack now 8/1 fav to be 2016/7 Top Championship Goalscorer after completing his move

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 04, 2016, 11:12:03 AM »

Grant Hanley will be your best signing and by a street

No nonsense knows the division like the back of his hand, tough strong and determined
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 04, 2016, 11:43:31 AM »

No nonsense knows the division like the back of his hand, tough strong and determined

I'm thinking for the future not just this season. Hanley has decent competition to even get in the team since Lascelles is Captain so he's a lock and Mbemba is a good Defender.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 05, 2016, 09:10:59 AM »

I'm thinking for the future not just this season. Hanley has decent competition to even get in the team since Lascelles is Captain so he's a lock and Mbemba is a good Defender.

If Hanley does not start ahead of Mbemba id be amazed
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: August 05, 2016, 09:17:33 AM »

Pretty confident Hanley won't be first team when everyone's fit and available. Mbemba will be off to African cup of nations in Jan or whenever it is so will start then
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 05, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »

If Hanley does not start ahead of Mbemba id be amazed

I know nothing about him tbf, just saying hes fighting for one spot from three, hope you are right and he a boss.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: