blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 99423 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: February 15, 2017, 11:56:59 PM »

Another 3 points for Wednesday, but once again, it wasn't pretty on the eye. I think we are the most fortunate team in the league this season, having played so average all season and still sit in the top 6 and could finish anywhere from 3rd-6th. I've looked at recent games and can see how fortunate we have been.

Rotherham (H) - A last minute penalty won us the game we didn't deserve to win.

Wolves (H) - Bore draw.

PNE (A) - A last minute equaliser.

Wigan (A) - 1-0 won, borefest, could have drawn it.

Birmingham (H) - A 3-0 win, but 100% not justified.

Blackburn (H) 2-1 win, another average performace.

I am not sure how what you can read into that.

I can't see much changing in the top 6. I think Newcastle & Brighton will stay in the top 2 and the teams in the play-offs as of now, will stay there. Thankfully even though we are playing very average, the other teams in the top 6 aren't great either.

You can read into it that we are winning games without playing well. You need to enjoy the ride Aaron and stop being some negative. A win is a win. Think we are second in the form table over last 10 games.

We have been defensively sound this season, it's going forward where it's not happened for us.

I'll be happy taking scraping 1-0 wins all season, keeping under the radar and coming good in the play offs.

We have Forestieri, Rhodes, Winnall, Fletcher and Hooper as potential strikers. Which other team has that depth of good quality centres forwards in this league?

I hope it's Reading, Huddersfield and dirty Leeds in the play offs with us. Fear Norwich might have a big part to play yet.

Time will tell.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 16, 2017, 12:09:43 AM »

Another 3 points for Wednesday, but once again, it wasn't pretty on the eye. I think we are the most fortunate team in the league this season, having played so average all season and still sit in the top 6 and could finish anywhere from 3rd-6th. I've looked at recent games and can see how fortunate we have been.

Rotherham (H) - A last minute penalty won us the game we didn't deserve to win.

Wolves (H) - Bore draw.

PNE (A) - A last minute equaliser.

Wigan (A) - 1-0 won, borefest, could have drawn it.

Birmingham (H) - A 3-0 win, but 100% not justified.

Blackburn (H) 2-1 win, another average performace.

I am not sure how what you can read into that.

I can't see much changing in the top 6. I think Newcastle & Brighton will stay in the top 2 and the teams in the play-offs as of now, will stay there. Thankfully even though we are playing very average, the other teams in the top 6 aren't great either.

You can read into it that we are winning games without playing well. You need to enjoy the ride Aaron and stop being some negative. A win is a win. Think we are second in the form table over last 10 games.

We have been defensively sound this season, it's going forward where it's not happened for us.

I'll be happy taking scraping 1-0 wins all season, keeping under the radar and coming good in the play offs.

We have Forestieri, Rhodes, Winnall, Fletcher and Hooper as potential strikers. Which other team has that depth of good quality centres forwards in this league?

I hope it's Reading, Huddersfield and dirty Leeds in the play offs with us. Fear Norwich might have a big part to play yet.

Time will tell.

Hi Richard - Not seen you in time, hope you are keeping well.

we are winning without playing great is a good point, but just imagine the reponse of the fans if we are sat a few positions down. It's the defence that has kept us up there this season, because without them we would be struggling to score more goals.

But the players we have, and our attacking intent is really lacking. The decisions by Carlos are baffling.

I dunno, I don't want to be negative, but I think we aren't far away from a bad run if our good luck doesn't continue.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 20, 2017, 11:27:17 PM »

I can't believe how bad Aston Villa. Awful.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: February 28, 2017, 11:06:56 PM »

That was such a huge turnaround in so many ways. I think the occasion got to the Brighton players, looked very nervous and panicked a lot. 4 points from next two and I can't see us slipping up
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 01, 2017, 04:31:29 PM »

Brighton need to be big supporters of Newcastle now, they could do with them taking points off the other top 6 teams.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 01, 2017, 07:09:13 PM »

Goal of the season last night Smiley

Blue text
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 06, 2017, 11:36:01 AM »

Interesting situation in the Forest v Brighton game, the Brighton players were sure Britt headed the first goal from an offside position and wanted the officials to watch the big screen replay of the goal. Can officials use video playbacks though?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 06, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »

Nope, the ref and Lino were discussing it whilst a replay was being shown and weren't allowed to look up. The stadium announcer also announced Assombalonga as the goalscorer whilst the discussion was happening!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 07, 2017, 11:03:57 PM »

Nope, the ref and Lino were discussing it whilst a replay was being shown and weren't allowed to look up. The stadium announcer also announced Assombalonga as the goalscorer whilst the discussion was happening!

incredible scenes! Must our most lopsided score compared to possession etc this season tbh

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 08, 2017, 10:39:59 AM »

Getting closer...if both Huddersfield and reading fail to win we are almost there.

Have Wigan and Bristol city at home to play..

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 08, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »

if its Huddersfield, Reading, Leeds and one of Sheff Wed/Fulham

lets say huddersfield v sheff wed

reading v leeds

how do we price and what do we like in the play offs?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 08, 2017, 11:45:48 PM »

reading v leeds

I hate to say it, but I think Leeds look like a strong unit.

Monk has them up for it.

Wednesday really haven't got going this season. We probably have the best squad on paper out of the four but we have been defensive and lacked creativity. It would feel very fortunate if we went up the s season.

Well done to Brighton. Deserve to go up.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 09, 2017, 12:23:13 AM »

reading v leeds

Monk has them up for it.

Wednesday really haven't got going this season. We probably have the best squad on paper out of the four but we have been defensive and lacked creativity. It would feel very fortunate if we went up the s season.

Couldn't disagree more.

Leeds and Reading are very limited teams.

Huddersfield and whoever gets in from Fulham and Weds are clear favourites in my book.

When Fulham perform to their peak, they are the best team in the division. I'd definitely back them at 11/4 to win it.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 09, 2017, 01:11:17 AM »

As a Birmingham fan I'm starting to fear the worst, especially as we still have to play Bristol City and Burton. I'm just hoping we can pull out a win vs Rotherham and that will be enough if Blackburn don't get it together.

Dire season for the Blues. Such a terrible decision to sack Rowett and appoint Zola.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 09, 2017, 01:48:04 AM »

reading v leeds

Monk has them up for it.

Couldn't disagree more.

Leeds and Reading are very limited teams.

Huddersfield and whoever gets in from Fulham and Weds are clear favourites in my book.

When Fulham perform to their peak, they are the best team in the division. I'd definitely back them at 11/4 to win it.

If you think Leeds and Reading are limited, then you mustn't know much about Wednesday. We are awful & don't let today's game against Newcastle make you think otherwise. However I really do think that we will win the play-offs if we end up in them, however it's a coin flip if we do.

Reading are not going to win the play-offs, they are not good enough. Huddersfield aren't great, in a sticky period, minor injury crisis I hear & are likely to play Weds/Fulham. We have beaten Huddersfield twice this season and been ok value for it.

Leeds v Wednesday/Fulham in final.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: