blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:44:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 99363 times)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 09, 2017, 07:57:17 AM »

if its Huddersfield, Reading, Leeds and one of Sheff Wed/Fulham

lets say huddersfield v sheff wed

reading v leeds

how do we price and what do we like in the play offs?

I hate to say it, but I think Leeds look like a strong unit.

Monk has them up for it.

Wednesday really haven't got going this season. We probably have the best squad on paper out of the four but we have been defensive and lacked creativity. It would feel very fortunate if we went up the s season.

Well done to Brighton. Deserve to go up.

Couldn't disagree more.

Leeds and Reading are very limited teams.

Huddersfield and whoever gets in from Fulham and Weds are clear favourites in my book.

When Fulham perform to their peak, they are the best team in the division. I'd definitely back them at 11/4 to win it.

I've seen Fulham twice outplay Brighton but return zero points. No doubt they are excellent going forward and may be amongst the top 2 in terms of ball movement and attacking threat but defensively they are frail so I don't think we can say they are the best team in the division. Table tells the story here really. If they sort the defence out next season without loses Cairney or much of the threat in the opposition half, they'll be a knocking bet.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 09, 2017, 09:30:39 AM »

reading v leeds

Monk has them up for it.

Wednesday really haven't got going this season. We probably have the best squad on paper out of the four but we have been defensive and lacked creativity. It would feel very fortunate if we went up the s season.

Couldn't disagree more.

Huddersfield and whoever gets in from Fulham and Weds are clear favourites in my book.

When Fulham perform to their peak, they are the best team in the division. I'd definitely back them at 11/4 to win it.

I've seen Fulham twice outplay Brighton but return zero points. No doubt they are excellent going forward and may be amongst the top 2 in terms of ball movement and attacking threat but defensively they are frail so I don't think we can say they are the best team in the division. Table tells the story here really. If they sort the defence out next season without loses Cairney or much of the threat in the opposition half, they'll be a knocking bet.

Can't see them keeping Cairney if they stay in the Championship.

Best player in the division.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 09, 2017, 11:54:54 AM »

reading v leeds

Monk has them up for it.

Couldn't disagree more.

I don't think Leeds have a great squad, fair from it, their strength is team spirit and a manager that has produced results way above expectations.

That spirit is worth a lot in football.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 09, 2017, 12:35:12 PM »

Fulham definitely play the best football, but that's not what gets you points.

Not sure they will get in the play offs, they have a tough run in. Huddersfield will win the playoffs as now will give up chasing top two and will have Palmer/brown back for the run in.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: April 09, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »

The final league game of the season is Wednesday vs Fulham which could well be a playoff game to get into the playoffs, if they won it might give Wednesday the momentum we've probably been lacking a bit of this season.

Sadly I think Leeds would spank us at Wembley, but I'm basing that purely on all the miserable walks back to the car they've given me in the past.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 09, 2017, 06:56:18 PM »

In terms of playoffs if we are assuming the teams in there are Leeds, Huddersfield, Reading and Wednesday then one side sticks out massively for me.

I've seen Reading so many times this season and I just don't get it. How do they get so many good results? They are terrible.

Wednesday and Leeds both quite solid but nothing spectacular.

Huddersfield on that big pitch would be a nightmare they way they pass it around and control games.

I'd have Hudds clear favs, Leeds and Sheff Weds quite similar and Reading outsiders.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 10, 2017, 02:27:44 AM »

Haven't Huddersfield won quite a few of their games by one goal? I don't particular buy into them winning it to be honest. Reading aren't home and dry yet either.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 10, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »

Anthony Knockaert  (why oh why did we ever sell him, cracking player) has been named the EFL's Championship Player of the Year.

Here's the full list of awards: http://bbc.in/2pid70q

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tiger

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 10, 2017, 04:10:48 PM »

In terms of playoffs if we are assuming the teams in there are Leeds, Huddersfield, Reading and Wednesday then one side sticks out massively for me.

I've seen Reading so many times this season and I just don't get it. How do they get so many good results? They are terrible.

Wednesday and Leeds both quite solid but nothing spectacular.

Huddersfield on that big pitch would be a nightmare they way they pass it around and control games.

I'd have Hudds clear favs, Leeds and Sheff Weds quite similar and Reading outsiders.

Completely agree with this. Being a Leeds fan I find myself asking how we keep on churning the results out. The only answer I can come up with, is that our defence is very strong. The best I have seen in the league this season with perhaps the exception of Brighton. Added to that Chris Wood is having a freak season and we are looking like we will just about muster a play off spot. Have to agree though I like Huddersfield in the playoffs. Control games very well and they have match winners throughout.
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 15, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »

So close! Can't wait. Hopefully we can sneak a win against Wigan for promotion and then win the title at Villa.

Will finally have the chance to close out some of the 92 grounds - we haven't played at man u, Chelsea, Everton, arsenal, man city, wba in the last 25 years at least I believe.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 17, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »

Congratulations Anthony
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 17, 2017, 06:05:06 PM »

Zola resigns!

and congrats to Brighton!
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: April 17, 2017, 07:04:51 PM »

Congrats ant/Brighton.

After we beat Brighton and Huddersfield I must admit I thought we was pretty much over the line... but we've just got no bottle, since then/ all season Brighton have been the best team and deserve to go up as champions, you can tell the club has experience in past few years whereas we're just bottling it ( huge result for us though derby just getting a draw from Huddersfield)

Just wanna get out of this league asap
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 17, 2017, 10:47:45 PM »

Wow, what a day.

20 years go we were 90 places below Newcastle. We will only be in the prem for a year but currently nearly all the players are out on the piss on west street singing songs.

After being a kid in 97 when we lost our home, didn't imagine this. 72 grounds later finally can see us play premier league football.

Good luck to the others, not sure who I'm rooting for yet, certainly not Leeds though.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 18, 2017, 12:33:32 AM »

Wow, what a day.

20 years go we were 90 places below Newcastle. We will only be in the prem for a year but currently nearly all the players are out on the piss on west street singing songs.

After being a kid in 97 when we lost our home, didn't imagine this. 72 grounds later finally can see us play premier league football.

Good luck to the others, not sure who I'm rooting for yet, certainly not Leeds though.

Congrats! And if/when you make the journey up to Eastlands next season (saw City mentioned above) then enjoy it and get that ground ticked off (Atmosphere can be tepid but it is a seriously impressive stadium for first time visitors)

Always had a soft spot for Brighton as a good childhood friend supports them so I'm pleased for the club and its fans and it's good to see them finally make it over the line.

Agree about Leeds Wink

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: