blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 99036 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: May 18, 2017, 12:17:21 AM »

Well done Huddersfield, best team on the night won.

Other than 20 minutes in second half we were awful.

We should have took the game to Huddersfield instead of playing defensively, particularly tonight.

Carvalhal said Rhodes refused to take a penalty as he was not confident.

WTF would you spend £10m on a striker who bottles it when it really matters?

It was an absolute joke, both legs.

Not even a single opportunity in the first leg 7 everyone claps their hands at the result.

The second leg, I don't know what to make of it. I just don't understand why he has took Fletcher off, it just invited pressure on us. The subs was a complete joke, Big Dave & Rhodes who of course have lived up to their hype of being absolute dog shite.

Penalty takers was questionable. FF, hasn't he took quite a few bad ones and from where I was sat, it was another bad one.

I tell you what Richard, I think we are going to be in the middle of nowhere next year & also not excited by either Carlos staying on or Pardew joining.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 19, 2017, 10:48:21 PM »

A few days to grin and bear it, but how competitive does the Championship look next season? Potentially 7/8 teams you couldn't rule out of automatic and a few teams you wouldn't rule out of play-offs

Middlesbrough
Sunderland
Hull
Fulham
Sheff Wed
Derby
Norwich
Villa

Birmingham & Cardiff thought to be spending, Sheff Utd "plan" was based on getting out of L1 cheaply and spending in the Championship, Reading (if they stay down) have new owners.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 20, 2017, 08:06:40 AM »

Brentford will get top 6.

Also fancy wolves to improve with lambert over the summer. Champ should be a great watch.

Awful semi final but predicted given the number of goals in Huddersfield's season. The last two seasons now the better teams haven't made the final.

We've also signed the most creative player by stats in the budnesliga, good start already.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 20, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »

Brentford's top 6 hopes largely contingent on keeping hold of Jota.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 25, 2017, 01:37:51 AM »

Surprised this thread hasn't been bumped with two weeks to go, espcially with so many teams capable of winning the league, going up or going down.

I can only say I am disappointed with Wednesday's recruitment, plan, or lack of one so far and therefore reitirates the opinion that I had that Carlos Carvahal is absolutely clueless. we have so far signed George Boyd and I don't particulary get where he fits in with the current team and he's more left sided, than the right sided midfielder we need and once again look like we are going to lack width. we have strikers who other clubs would love, but still aren't scoring goals and don't see it changing with this current midfield and the tactics don't play into the likes of Rhodes and co. The only thing Carlos has done is admit we need some centre backs, and hopefully this will be adressed, but that midfield is needing more than a shake-up that he is currently suggesting. This looks like ANOTHER disappointing season hanging around in the play-offs or missing out on them.

It's disappointing really, I look at the league and surely there is no run away teams this season, so I am disappointed we aren't doubling down on our efforts to toughen up our weak areas. Hull and Sunderland look set for long tough seasons by what has happened and Wolves, Villa and Norwich could be anything.

Feel as if my own team will finish in the top 6, whilst the league could be ultimately handed to Aston Villa because of lack of contenders or ability elsewhere.

Winners: Aston Villa

Play-Offs: Wednesday

Surprise package: Sunderland (go down)

Bottom: Burton (Surely they can't stay up with their tactics?)

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 25, 2017, 09:39:20 AM »

Fulham massive at 23-20  / 11-10  for a top 6 finish 

Well run club  , good manager and a strong squad with lots of players having signed new contracts  plus they have re signed  Piazon and signed Cisse from Standard Liege and most importantly Cairney is staying

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-6-finish

ties up your money for the season but way better interest than the bank

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 25, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »

Given the Brentford comments above and the fact they don't seem to have lost any players, I like these bets on Skybet :

Brentford to finish higher than :

Cardiff 10/11
Sheff Utd 5/6
Sunderland 6/5

Will be getting on all three of those. Look great bets to me.

On a none Championship topic I also like these

League One - Rotherham to finish higher than AFC Wimbledon 4/5
League One - Rotherham to finish higher than Northampton 5/6
League Two - Fleetwood to finish higher than Bristol Rovers 5/6
League Two - Exeter to finish higher than Lincoln 5/4
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 25, 2017, 12:14:30 PM »

Shefff Utd  ......Billy Sharp  66-1 top championship goalscorer   takes penalties too

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-goalscorer
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 25, 2017, 07:21:21 PM »

Given the Brentford comments above and the fact they don't seem to have lost any players, I like these bets on Skybet :

Cardiff 10/11
Sheff Utd 5/6
Sunderland 6/5

Brentford have really had a superb summer recruitment-wise. Huge depth to the squad now and doubt many better footballing teams in the division. Very competitive league but I could see them doing a Bournemouth.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2017, 06:17:19 AM »

There are some decent suggestions that people have put, really like Brentford to finish above Sheff-Utd & Rotherham above Northampton. Brentford have some already good players and decent buys, whilst I don't buy into what Sheffield United have done, they don't seem to have bought any "wow" players. As for League One, I have heard Northampton are in terrible shape at the moment, but just had a takeover?

I didn't mention Middlesbrough in my last post, surely they'll be right up there and are a team I have backed.

Also, regarding betting, don't get how related bets work? I really want to back multiple things in each league. EG, Middlesborough win league, Burton relegated, X above Y, but yet you can't just don't understand it?
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 26, 2017, 07:49:39 AM »

There are some decent suggestions that people have put, really like Brentford to finish above Sheff-Utd & Rotherham above Northampton. Brentford have some already good players and decent buys, whilst I don't buy into what Sheffield United have done, they don't seem to have bought any "wow" players. As for League One, I have heard Northampton are in terrible shape at the moment, but just had a takeover?

I didn't mention Middlesbrough in my last post, surely they'll be right up there and are a team I have backed.

Also, regarding betting, don't get how related bets work? I really want to back multiple things in each league. EG, Middlesborough win league, Burton relegated, X above Y, but yet you can't just don't understand it?

I backed some of those "x to finish above y" bets in multiples - Scuy seem to accept them as long as there is only one selection from each league.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 26, 2017, 07:55:40 AM »

Cardiff 10/11
Sheff Utd 5/6
Sunderland 6/5

Brentford have really had a superb summer recruitment-wise. Huge depth to the squad now and doubt many better footballing teams in the division. Very competitive league but I could see them doing a Bournemouth.

Brentford are 5/2 away at Sheffield United on first day of season.

Whilst there will be a feel good factor for promoted Sheff Utd, 5/2 looks an attractive price to me.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 26, 2017, 05:14:00 PM »

Well its quite simple, you said it yourself, its a related bet.

Its only very very loosely related but you can't do bets like that with two teams in the same league because Middlesbrough winning the league means its more likely that Burton get relegated as if Boro win the league Burton can't and can now only finish 2nd to 24th.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 30, 2017, 08:36:43 AM »

FWIW I was at Molineux yesterday, we were thrashed much worse than 1-0 suggests

the stand out player was a lad from Atletico Madrid via Porto (27 games,8 goals for them last season) Diego Jota

going to be far too good for the Championship if he is consistent with yesterday's performance

attacking midfielder, playing in the number 10 role

not sure if there is any way of betting on him in any market, not golden boot but some other way

boy he was good

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 30, 2017, 09:16:43 AM »

FWIW I was at Molineux yesterday, we were thrashed much worse than 1-0 suggests

the stand out player was a lad from Atletico Madrid via Porto (27 games,8 goals for them last season) Diego Jota

going to be far too good for the Championship if he is consistent with yesterday's performance

attacking midfielder, playing in the number 10 role

not sure if there is any way of betting on him in any market, not golden boot but some other way

boy he was good

Don't think he is even quoted;

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-goalscorer

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: