blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:04:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Devastating news , what would you do ?....Tunisia
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Devastating news , what would you do ?....Tunisia  (Read 22097 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2015, 06:44:25 PM »

But I do agree with you point about how stupid they are. This person who did what he did on Friday could have been stopped within a few minutes & it's only because of the utter lack of any adequate security in Tunisia that he was able to continue for as long as he did, 40 minutes according to some. If this was in the UK, he would have been stopped within a few minutes. So I don' really get it, why go there, but I suppose it did work?

Really?

You honestly think that if a madman with a machine gun and a few grenades goes rampaging on Brighton beach one hot day this summer he'll be any less successful in his quest than the nutter in Tunisia?

I think 40 minutes to take him down was a really fast response. There's only really America where I'd expect it to be any quicker and that's only because they all have guns.

I am very critical of our police force, but I do believe this would have been sorted a lot quicker than in Tunisia. Police tend to be at emergencies within 7 minutes on average. Would it take that long to turn up and then be able to stop on him whilst on rampage? I personally don't think so & the 40 minutes he was on rampage surely must be questioned at some point

More lolfacts for you to ignore

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12636731

There was a delay of 52 minutes in getting ambulances to Tavistock Square, the scene of the bus attack where 13 people died.
One group of firefighters said they could not enter the tunnel at Aldgate because they had not received official confirmation that the live electric rail had been turned off.
One police officer stood on the rail to prove that it was no longer live - but the crew insisted they still needed word from London Underground managers. Four other firefighters had already gone into the train.
The first crew reached King's Cross station at 0913 - but did not go to the scene until a second crew arrived at 0942. That was because their communication protocols demanded having a back-up teams available.

The inquests heard that over at Edgware Road, Assistant Divisional Officer Alan Davies, then head of Paddington fire station, refused to allow his men into the tunnel because of the possibility of a dirty bomb.

That was in central London, not out in the sticks.  Maybe next time we'll be better organised, as detailed below, but good luck if you are on a beach in Blackpool.

http://news.sky.com/story/1510475/tunisia-style-attack-simulated-on-london-street

Simon Morgan said: "If you look at the incident that has just taken place in Tunisia, that attack lasted seven minutes from the first shots being fired to the subject being neutralised.

"In London, that response time could be achieved, but as you go further out, if we look at the situation with the Derrick Bird shootings in Cumbria five years ago, the armed response was at the (other) side of the county."

What has this got to do with a Brighton beach? Which was of course the lolexample
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2015, 07:21:31 PM »

Just for the record ....

we had a family discussion and rightly or wrongly we are going as planned unless.....

1. The government advise people not to go.
2. something else happens before we are due to fly.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2015, 07:34:03 PM »

Just for the record ....

we had a family discussion and rightly or wrongly we are going as planned unless.....

Good for you.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2015, 07:39:56 PM »

Just for the record ....

Aren't you kids going to wanna go regardless? I'd take this decision myself personally. Sometimes you have to make a responsible decision regardless of what your kids want (don't mean to sound harsh just wouldn't have a consensus meeting about something as important as this)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »

Just for the record ....

Good for you.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »

Just for the record ....

Aren't you kids going to wanna go regardless? I'd take this decision myself personally. Sometimes you have to make a responsible decision regardless of what your kids want (don't mean to sound harsh just wouldn't have a consensus meeting about something as important as this)

Think Lee said his kids were teenagers. I think at that age their opinion definitely should be taken into account.

Lee, if one child had said they didn't want to go, would you still have gone if the majority said they did?

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »

Just for the record ....

Think Lee said his kids were teenagers. I think at that age their opinion definitely should be taken into account.

Lee, if one child had said they didn't want to go, would you still have gone if the majority said they did?

In a number of situations I will consult my family and we will take decisions as one unit but over something like this they're going to say they wanna go not taking into enormity of the situation

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2015, 08:23:55 PM »

aaron armed police cant be everywhere in the UK , by brother in law is one of the armed policemen in aberdeen, there was an uproar when they started turning for routine call outs

now they just sit in there car all day waiting , no point having fire armed trained officers out without there weapons having to go back to the station before heading to where they are needed

even still there isnt enough armed police to give the same call out time as you would get for an unarmed police officer and remember only a small fraction can carry a gun

did the british police deal with hungerford, dunblane or whitechapel much faster than those in tunisa
i dont think so

my respect goes out to the locals that put there lives on the line to protect the tourists making a human shield at one point and the workman who threw tiles at the gunman from a roof top
would people in this country put there lives on the line for strangers, i suppose in some cases yes but for the vast majority they would be looking after number 1 first

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »

Just for the record ....

In a number of situations I will consult my family and we will take decisions as one unit but over something like this they're going to say they wanna go not taking into enormity of the situation

I would have thought most kids would say they didn't want to go in this situation.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2015, 08:47:05 PM »

would people in this country put there lives on the line for strangers, i suppose in some cases yes but for the vast majority they would be looking after number 1 first

Disagree with you there Iron

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2015, 08:49:02 PM »

Just for the record ....

Good for you.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2015, 08:54:50 PM »

Disagree with you there Iron

i think there will be a few that would but it would be a very small percentage

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2015, 09:01:02 PM »

@ camel & George

Me and Alison already had the discussion whether or not we should still go and both said yes we then decided to speak to the kids together as a family
And they all said yes

I then spoke to all 3 on their own to check that they where 100 % happy to go in case they where influenced by each other

I would of canceled if any of them said no or I'm not sure.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2015, 09:14:30 PM »

@ camel & George

Me and Alison already had the discussion whether or not we should still go and both said yes we then decided to speak to the kids together as a family
And they all said yes

I then spoke to all 3 on their own to check that they where 100 % happy to go in case they where influenced by each other

I would of canceled if any of them said no or I'm not sure.

Perfect parenting IMO.

If one was even a bit scared or hesitant, then cancel.

Have a great holiday.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »

All the best with it. Hope you have a great time

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: