blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:31:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272636 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting  (Read 71253 times)
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 27, 2015, 06:25:47 PM »

If the big investors don't want Pads to do this then they need communicate with him. I'm sure if they ask him not to do it and they have a better plan, or any plan at all then he won't do it.

Arbboy's really the only one who can coordinate this and he's unusually quiet.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 27, 2015, 06:31:01 PM »

My last comment on this in public as i am just on a hiding to nothing posting on here and i have better things to do with my time.  The other two investors were annoyed by this thread starting in the first place (similar to what camel has said) and i took an incredible amount of shit on here from trolls who have no knowledge and/or business even getting involved so i am not willing to get involved in public again on this issue. 
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 27, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »

Write it off Mr Leno and put it to the back of your mind.

If this is the only time you've been done over given the amount of trust you seem to put in people you're doing pretty well so far.

It's going to happen again at some point so learn to deal with it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 27, 2015, 06:42:57 PM »

And emailing Pokerstars would be even worse.

What is the most likely outcome of that?

He loses his job. Then you'll be a million to one to ever get your money.

Maybe you think it is what he deserves and you'll be happy at that outcome.

But honestly, do you think it's fair that your actions have meant someone he owes 10k+ won't get his money, just so you've felt you get revenge for not getting your £800?

Isn't that about relativity too.  X 10k, is Y's 800, is  Z's 80.  Still all aggrieved , still dealing with it differently.  No reall right way, and who is to say what the best way is.   

Also if 10k made a website, meaning Y and Z get screwed, how is that right too.

If it was Y's total bankroll, then maybe you're right.

Much better off discussing a way forward collectively than for one backer to go it alone in his attempts to get his money back.

Good point on collectively, if that could work.  Hope it pans out good for those involved and chasing.

Carpe Diem
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 27, 2015, 06:45:11 PM »

But honestly, do you think it's fair that your actions have meant someone he owes 10k+ won't get his money, just so you've felt you get revenge for not getting your £800?

It's nothing at all about me wanting 800 so badly it's about 1) not letting somebody scam me. 2) not letting somebody mugging me off. 3) setting a standard that I have to as will have over 500k out in balances for staking that could potentially be stolen by horses.

I tried to set up a group via arbboy for months and months. After 4 months it was finally the time to go public. Over the last few weeks he hasn't had the kick up the arse as I imagined. Unfortunately the only way in these ways is to 1) go to the law 2) write to his family/employees/friends to try and fix it.

Having the stuxxxisatheif.com site will be able to have all the information up and will be a lot more proper than somebody messaging somebody over Facebook.

I don't think anybody could begrudge me for wanting to not be scammed/get paid back. It's ridiculous to say I should just let this go because of other people having more invested. This is a personal debt, he owes me money, I have absolutely no idea who else he owes money to. If somebody ever came up to me and asked me, or said anything then I may reconsider, I've said many times on the thread the same thing.

What's certain is that by August 2nd if we don't have a full satisfactory email (ridiculous August 2nd is the date when this started 5 months ago) then I will treat this as if somebody stole from me who I stake (that would go up 1 week after it happened rather than 25 weeks)

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 27, 2015, 06:55:21 PM »

Regarding PokerStars.

He's had what? 4 months of salary from them? He must have had over 10k sterling to pay back but definitely hasn't paid even close to 50% of that right?

First month he said he had to pay emergency tax but would get that back the next month. Next 3 months we receive no excuses, no nothing.

If it's clear he's just scamming why would people let something like this just happen. He's a very lucky man he's fucked the people over who he has, a lot of people would have resorted to way worse ways of getting their money back than making a thread alerting the community to what a scumbag he is.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 27, 2015, 06:57:58 PM »

It's nothing at all about me wanting 800 so badly it's about 1) not letting somebody scam me. 2) not letting somebody mugging me off. 3) setting a standard that I have to as will have over 500k out in balances for staking that could potentially be stolen by horses.

I tried to set up a group via arbboy for months and months. After 4 months it was finally the time to go public. Over the last few weeks he hasn't had the kick up the arse as I imagined. Unfortunately the only way in these ways is to 1) go to the law 2) write to his family/employees/friends to try and fix it.

Having the stuxxxisatheif.com site will be able to have all the information up and will be a lot more proper than somebody messaging somebody over Facebook.

I don't think anybody could begrudge me for wanting to not be scammed/get paid back. It's ridiculous to say I should just let this go because of other people having more invested. This is a personal debt, he owes me money, I have absolutely no idea who else he owes money to. If somebody ever came up to me and asked me, or said anything then I may reconsider, I've said many times on the thread the same thing.

What's certain is that by August 2nd if we don't have a full satisfactory email (ridiculous August 2nd is the date when this started 5 months ago) then I will treat this as if somebody stole from me who I stake (that would go up 1 week after it happened rather than 25 weeks)

What is the motive behind putting up xxxisathief.com?

Is it

1. To make you feel better?

2. To make more likely that you get your money back?

3. To warn others of not doing business with xxx?

Because in this case, if it's 2 or 3 it is completely pointless.

EvilPie makes a good post, you are best off treating it as though the money is gone and moving on.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 27, 2015, 07:05:08 PM »

Is it

EvilPie makes a good post, you are best off treating it as though the money is gone and moving on.

He has already said it is to make an example for other horses who have money of his. If the site is pointless as far as redarmi is concerned it sure won't be pointless for other online poker players who see that this will happen if they rob Pleno of money aswell.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 27, 2015, 07:16:58 PM »

Is it

1) to put pressure on the thief to pay the money back

2) to stop others from being scammed by the thief

3) to ensure other people realise the consequences if they do similar in the future

Again this is not about writing off 2000£ it's about the way I want to business moving forward and making sure I don't get mugged off.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 27, 2015, 07:19:05 PM »

Also I don't like this whole "you have x invested you should say nothing, the guy with y invested has the option to say something and if not you should say silent" fuck that.

If somebody invested 10k and somebody invested 1k it probably means the money is very similar to each of them relatively. Why should the guy investing 1k be kept quiet when he may really need that money? I hate that way of thinking.

There's so many scumbags in poker and gambling. Nobody should ever feel like they should stay quiet.

The community NEEDS people to speak up whenever anything like this happens. I wish I had went with my gut and posted 2 months ago.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 27, 2015, 07:19:38 PM »

Is it

He has already said it is to make an example for other horses who have money of his. If the site is pointless as far as redarmi is concerned it sure won't be pointless for other online poker players who see that this will happen if they rob Pleno of money aswell.

Meh.

Bit unfair for fellow stakers of redarmi to make an example of him when he isn't a poker player and who poker players will never have heard of and has no relevence to.

All i know is, if I was the one who Stu owes five figures to, I'd be angry at the presence of this thread and even more furious if Pads made xxxisathief website or contacted Stu's employer.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 27, 2015, 07:21:35 PM »

Is it

Meh.

Bit unfair for fellow stakers of redarmi to make an example of him when he isn't a poker player and who poker players will never have heard of and has no relevence to.

All i know is, if I was the one who Stu owes five figures to, I'd be angry at the presence of this thread and even more furious if Pads made xxxisathief website or contacted Stu's employer.

See my last post. Your post makes no sense to me.

I would be way way more pissed if somehow redarmi scammed me and somebody else could have posted a thread but was made to stay quiet about being cheated/frauds/stolen from from somebody so respected in the community because they were stolen from for less money than somebody else.

MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 27, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »

The money is completely irrelevant. Fuck other investors, if Pleno isn't getting paid his 'small' 4 figure sum, then it's unlikely the others have any chance of getting their 5 figure sum.

People have different ways of dealing with things, just because he has less money invested doesn't mean the way he goes about trying to get it back is any more wrong than those guys sitting back and praying redarmi pays them back?

Not saying what Pleno is doing is right, or wrong. But I don't think just because he only has £xk involved matters at all. If the other guys want to get in touch with him they know how to contact him, doesn't sound like Pleno even knows who these other guys are - barring Arb.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 27, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »

Is it

1) to put pressure on the thief to pay the money back

2) to stop others from being scammed by the thief

3) to ensure other people realise the consequences if they do similar in the future

Again this is not about writing off 2000£ it's about the way I want to business moving forward and making sure I don't get mugged off.

1 and 2 are moot.

1. It certainly is not going to make it more likely you get your money back - indeed I would think it will make it less likely.

2. As he isn't a poker player it is roughly 1000/1 he ever asks or receives staking again. Who do you think he'll ask?

3. Do you really think making an example of someone no one you stake has ever heard of or has no relevance to will dissaude them from stealing from you? Obviously you do. But somehow I doubt it. But it's your prerogative.

In your spot I'd let the bigger stakers decide how best to get the money back.

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 27, 2015, 07:33:46 PM »

For all we know, he is currently in the middle of starting a new scam with people not part of this forum (Potentially to get this money back ponzi esque).

Not saying he is but he could be.

Having it out there in the wider domain is not only Pleno's choice as a backer but also a good idea to stop non blonde investers getting potentially stung going forward.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: