blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:32:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: redarmi Staking Issue: Sports betting  (Read 71046 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »

For all we know, he is currently in the middle of starting a new scam with people not part of this forum (Potentially to get this money back ponzi esque).

Not saying he is but he could be.

Having it out there in the wider domain is not only Pleno's choice as a backer but also a good idea to stop non blonde investers getting potentially stung going forward.

LOLZ

Yeah it's possible.

But it's also possible I win Slimmer of Year 2016.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »

For all we know, he is currently in the middle of starting a new scam with people not part of this forum (Potentially to get this money back ponzi esque).

Having it out there in the wider domain is not only Pleno's choice as a backer but also a good idea to stop non blonde investers getting potentially stung going forward.

LOLZ

Yeah it's possible.

How is it a 1000/1 shot that he asks for staking again?? Crazy statement.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2015, 07:38:07 PM »

A rare genuine thought from me.

If I had an inkling I might want to scam you, all this public huff and puff over this instance would make me feel more like I could get away with it than less.

It's like shoulder barging in the playground as opposed to warning - slap.

If you really think a website or going down the miserable route of exposing the guy to unrelated 3rd parties, like his employer, is the best way to achieve your ends then so be it.

Personally, I don't like it cause it seems craven versus dealing with it one to one or just writing it off to experience.

But if you're going to do it, just do it rather than talk so publicly about doing it

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 27, 2015, 07:40:54 PM »

And emailing Pokerstars would be even worse.

What is the most likely outcome of that?

He loses his job. Then you'll be a million to one to ever get your money.

Maybe you think it is what he deserves and you'll be happy at that outcome.

But honestly, do you think it's fair that your actions have meant someone he owes 10k+ won't get his money, just so you've felt you get revenge for not getting your £800?

It's nothing at all about me wanting 800 so badly it's about 1) not letting somebody scam me. 2) not letting somebody mugging me off. 3) setting a standard that I have to as will have over 500k out in balances for staking that could potentially be stolen by horses.

I tried to set up a group via arbboy for months and months. After 4 months it was finally the time to go public. Over the last few weeks he hasn't had the kick up the arse as I imagined. Unfortunately the only way in these ways is to 1) go to the law 2) write to his family/employees/friends to try and fix it.

Having the stuxxxisatheif.com site will be able to have all the information up and will be a lot more proper than somebody messaging somebody over Facebook.

I don't think anybody could begrudge me for wanting to not be scammed/get paid back. It's ridiculous to say I should just let this go because of other people having more invested. This is a personal debt, he owes me money, I have absolutely no idea who else he owes money to. If somebody ever came up to me and asked me, or said anything then I may reconsider, I've said many times on the thread the same thing.

What's certain is that by August 2nd if we don't have a full satisfactory email (ridiculous August 2nd is the date when this started 5 months ago) then I will treat this as if somebody stole from me who I stake (that would go up 1 week after it happened rather than 25 weeks)

What is the motive behind putting up xxxisathief.com?

Is it

1. To make you feel better?

2. To make more likely that you get your money back?

3. To warn others of not doing business with xxx?

Because in this case, if it's 2 or 3 it is completely pointless.

EvilPie makes a good post, you are best off treating it as though the money is gone and moving on.

1) to put pressure on the thief to pay the money back

2) to stop others from being scammed by the thief

3) to ensure other people realise the consequences if they do similar in the future

Again this is not about writing off 2000£ it's about the way I want to business moving forward and making sure I don't get mugged off.

1 and 2 are moot.

1. It certainly is not going to make it more likely you get your money back - indeed I would think it will make it less likely.

2. As he isn't a poker player it is roughly 1000/1 he ever asks or receives staking again. Who do you think he'll ask?

3. Do you really think making an example of someone no one you stake has ever heard of or has no relevance to will dissaude them from stealing from you? Obviously you do. But somehow I doubt it. But it's your prerogative.

In your spot I'd let the bigger stakers decide how best to get the money back.

I do wish I'd made at least one of my grimmers public.  Unless somebody does this the same people just move on to another victim.  I don't think it makes Pads much more likely to be paid, but sure helps the rest of us.  

I am not talking about the person x is a thief website, just say person x has taken x amount and refused to pay it back.  A bit like this thread has somewhere in its midst.  Somebody else asked elsewhere why nobody ever goes to the police in these matters.  I don't really know, because I am pretty sure If somebody else stole a grand off me outside poker, I am 99% going to the police.  But I know I never have each time it has happened within poker. I don't think it makes any sense and is pretty inconsistent.   Guess that is a good reason why it keeps happening.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 27, 2015, 07:44:54 PM »

LOLZ

Yeah it's possible.

Who is he going to ask?

Sports betting/horses racing punters are completely different to poker players.

In all my time gambling I have heard of less than 10 sports betting staking ventures - and about half of them were on here.

All the rest were between close friends.

Compare that to poker where it seems like nearly 100% of pro players are staked.

It's a completely different world. There's nearly no one he can ask.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 27, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »

Camel keeps ignoring the point. The bigger stakers might be millionaires and their £x is a drop in the ocean so why should pleno let them decide how best to get it back? They might not give a shit. He hasn't even been put in touch with them by the sounds of it. Like he said, people likely invested amounts of equal importance to them in the first place.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2015, 07:49:50 PM »

LOLZ

Yeah it's possible.

Who is he going to ask?

Sports betting/horses racing punters are completely different to poker players.

In all my time gambling I have heard of less than 10 sports betting staking ventures - and about half of them were on here.

All the rest were between close friends.

Compare that to poker where it seems like nearly 100% of pro players are staked.

It's a completely different world. There's nearly no one he can ask.

Staking/lending are the same for me when someone has scammed. Perhaps you are right on how staking deals for punters are rarer, however the amount of times you and others have been asked to lend a mate ££ in the gambling industry is...? It's the same thing effectively.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 27, 2015, 07:55:50 PM »

Camel keeps ignoring the point. The bigger stakers might be millionaires and their £x is a drop in the ocean so why should pleno let them decide how best to get it back? They might not give a shit. He hasn't even been put in touch with them by the sounds of it. Like he said, people likely invested amounts of equal importance to them in the first place.

Maybe I'm shit at posting orbecause I thought I'd made it clear that Pads is entitled to do whatever he pleases.

All I was trying to say if I was a bigger staker and I judged that Pads was making a mistake I'd be very pissed off.

And maybe I'm shitty judge of character, but I reckon making a website/contacting employers will make it less likely the stakers get paid than more.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:03 PM »

A rare genuine thought from me.

If I had an inkling I might want to scam you, all this public huff and puff over this instance would make me feel more like I could get away with it than less.

It's like shoulder barging in the playground as opposed to warning - slap.

If you really think a website or going down the miserable route of exposing the guy to unrelated 3rd parties, like his employer, is the best way to achieve your ends then so be it.

Personally, I don't like it cause it seems craven versus dealing with it one to one or just writing it off to experience.

But if you're going to do it, just do it rather than talk so publicly about doing it

In my experience, almost all scams are not carefully planned coups.

They are usually degen gamblers, who suddenly have a shed load of money in their pocket and decide to have a spin up at blackjack/roulette/cash games.

Making websites or publicising them isn't going to stop them doing this.

Degens are gonna degen.

But it might stop others falling into the trap of staking them.

In this case I think it is a big price Stu ever asks anyone for money again. So making a website is pointless unless Pads motive is revenge.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:06:38 PM by The Camel » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: July 27, 2015, 09:15:11 PM »

Nothing wrong with a bit of revenge imo.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 27, 2015, 09:25:38 PM »

How about the other stakers buy pads out?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 27, 2015, 09:36:43 PM »

Maybe I'm shit at posting orbecause I thought I'd made it clear that Pads is entitled to do whatever he pleases.

All I was trying to say if I was a bigger staker and I judged that Pads was making a mistake I'd be very pissed off.

And maybe I'm shitty judge of character, but I reckon making a website/contacting employers will make it less likely the stakers get paid than more.

Instead of being pissed off wouldn't it be better to contact Pads ? As far as I can tell Pads is a very reasonable guy.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 27, 2015, 10:18:32 PM »

If he works at Pokerstars, he probably has the worlds biggest pool of potential victims. Gamblers.

I don't know his position etc, but at some point he surely has to have access to people, to befriend etc. It may take a while, but given the opportunity etc.

If the other victims can't be bothered to involve Pads, surely they forfeit the right to be angry at his taking action.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
engy

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2015, 12:06:42 AM »

Have none of the stakers confronted him in person? If he is ignoring all contact id be telling him I'm coming to his home, might be the kick up the arse he needs. you can ignore all emails/phone calls but if you know someone is going to be coming to your home where your family are he might buck his ideas up. It looks likely hes not paying otherwise I cant understand why no effort to stay in contact with stakers
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 28, 2015, 06:49:31 PM »

EvilPie is right, just experience met. Think it's fair enough to expose villain for all the reasons you mention but that done the anxiety, playing on your mind etc simply isn't worth the amount of the debt itself.

Showing dem horses ur not to be messed with over debt is valid enough but then again you informed them of this debt by starting the thread.

Think the casual ill-informed nature of this transaction is the root of the trouble, especially for such a thorough individual. Rather than a life focus on kicking up a fuss after the event perhaps a focus on analysing the variables beforehand. Then there's min risk of getting turned over in the first place, more progressive in every which way.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: