blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:32:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 536180 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: December 24, 2016, 12:37:18 AM »

Guys yous need to pick up the squats.  Given how much you all chat about the weights and diets we have a 12 year old girl in the gym she's been training 8 months she weights 59kg and she's squatting a 100kg for sets of 10.

Genuinely hurts how poor my squat is. There are many, many, many girls out there comfortably out squat me. And thats without adding in my weight advantage.

But, I squat more than I did 12 months ago, and if you asked me that 12 months ago, I would take it. If I can squat more in 12 months time, I will take that too!

If I tried to squat 100kg for 10 I think my appendix or some other such organ would burst out of my stomach like a scene from Aliens.

Similar to Harvey I'm improving but it's a very steady process. I can't see me ever wanting to go above 140kg even if I thought I could easily manage it.

PB - Any tips for hernia type pain whilst squatting? My 80kg set was super easy then I put a belt on for 100, braced against it and felt an almighty pop on my second rep. Rep 1 was easy by the way which is why it worries me so much. No warning, just POP! I wonder if I'm not bracing properly and might be better off without the belt. Any thoughts on that? I didn't need the belt at 100kg but I used it mainly to practice bracing as I was hoping to build up to some decent weights. Guess that's out the window now Cheesy

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 24, 2016, 12:38:50 AM »

Guys yous need to pick up the squats.  Given how much you all chat about the weights and diets we have a 12 year old girl in the gym she's been training 8 months she weights 59kg and she's squatting a 100kg for sets of 10.

Also, don't want anyone to think I am boasting about anything.

I 100% understand you put any of my lifting numbers next to others and they aren't going to be great. I am just genuinely really pleased/proud/happy that I still enjoy training, fairly injury free and still making progress. I am definitely not in a rush to get anywhere, I am in for the long haul I hope. So even if I get 100 squats for ten at 40, I will still be happy. Will have taken a few years longer than I would want, but as long as I get there, I couldn't really care about time frames/other achievements.

I am sure in 50 years time when I reflect on like, a 12 year old girl is still going to have a better PB than me on each of my lifts. I came to terms with that when youtube started spamming me with teenage lifters. Strong little fuckers!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 24, 2016, 12:43:16 AM »

Genuinely hurts how poor my squat is. There are many, many, many girls out there comfortably out squat me. And thats without adding in my weight advantage.

But, I squat more than I did 12 months ago, and if you asked me that 12 months ago, I would take it. If I can squat more in 12 months time, I will take that too!

If I tried to squat 100kg for 10 I think my appendix or some other such organ would burst out of my stomach like a scene from Aliens.

Similar to Harvey I'm improving but it's a very steady process. I can't see me ever wanting to go above 140kg even if I thought I could easily manage it.

PB - Any tips for hernia type pain whilst squatting? My 80kg set was super easy then I put a belt on for 100, braced against it and felt an almighty pop on my second rep. Rep 1 was easy by the way which is why it worries me so much. No warning, just POP! I wonder if I'm not bracing properly and might be better off without the belt. Any thoughts on that? I didn't need the belt at 100kg but I used it mainly to practice bracing as I was hoping to build up to some decent weights. Guess that's out the window now Cheesy

What did the physio say? Unless you feel your technique crumbling, wouldn't have thought it was a bracing issue? Not hip flexor no?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: December 24, 2016, 01:03:06 AM »

What did the physio say? Unless you feel your technique crumbling, wouldn't have thought it was a bracing issue? Not hip flexor no?

She said taking in a deep 'belly breath' and bracing against a belt goes against everything she knows for stabilising your core for lifting. She admitted that she isn't an expert in weight lifting though and was happy to hear the reason why it's different for squatting rather than picking stuff up off the floor.

We had a good chat about it and she could see how the bracing technique stabilises the middle section of your core but not the lower abdominus (sp.) which is the bit that's most likely to go when you have a hernia. She said to tense that you'd have to tighten your stomach and that bracing against a belt made no sense as you'd actually be tensing and pulling in away from it.

Most mentally challenging physio session I've ever had trying to figure out what to do.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: December 24, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »

Chocolate liqueurs broken out early doors this chrimbo Cheesy

Chocolate levels are high. Will power is low.

Think most of Waitrose's xmas aisle is in our front room at the moment Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: December 28, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »

http://sockshare.net/watch/rdmjMpvX-eddie-strongman.html

Eddie's 2p added to the recent calorie debate!!!!  Decent watch if you got the time.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: December 28, 2016, 05:30:02 PM »

http://sockshare.net/watch/rdmjMpvX-eddie-strongman.html

Eddie's 2p added to the recent calorie debate!!!!  Decent watch if you got the time.

Made the time and well worth it. Great watch.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 31, 2016, 10:22:59 PM »

This 23 year old pole is a moster in WSM.  Kieliszkowski.  What he did in the truck pull given his relatively light body weight of 140kg with a couple of slips at 23 years old was insane being a second behind Shaw.  Surely a multi WSM in the making?

Eddie can't possibly win whilst Shaw is still alive.  Forget about it.  He should be in the NFL as an offensive lineman.  Eddie should add 15 years to his life and retire now and lose 12 stone before he kills himself early trying to win something he can't possibly win.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:32:21 PM by arbboy » Logged
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 01, 2017, 01:47:58 PM »

This 23 year old pole is a moster in WSM.  Kieliszkowski.  What he did in the truck pull given his relatively light body weight of 140kg with a couple of slips at 23 years old was insane being a second behind Shaw.  Surely a multi WSM in the making?

Eddie can't possibly win whilst Shaw is still alive.  Forget about it.  He should be in the NFL as an offensive lineman.  Eddie should add 15 years to his life and retire now and lose 12 stone before he kills himself early trying to win something he can't possibly win.

I have seen that young Polish guy a few times now. He is unreal, 23!!!!! Saw him in a comp last year and only lost it because of a few of those kind of mistakes. Trained my big Kristoff too I think. Definitely one for the future, he looks like an evolved version of Marius in terms off all the strength but taller.

Yeah I can't see Eddie winning, Thor will beat Eddie when Shaw retires. He isn't mobile enough. He probably is one of if not the strongest static man on the planet across the static lifts they do. I haven't seen him log press for a while but he was good for 212.5 I think the last time he did that. And few years ago in WSM got 14/15 I think on the squat. Not sure how long he will do it now he has the 500 too. Maybe he just wants to eat away at get as high as he can. Benny and Jerry P did move the bar, so maybe he wants to push that as far as he can.

Enjoyed this years coverage though and Dave had a few episodes of some stuff too! Amazing to see so many strongman episodes on TV.

Got to mention Shaleigh too. Having had major injuries over the last 4 years he has won three events this year and broken his yoke WR twice I think? Even Hollands is back now. I know the coach he uses and John is really good, so wouldn't be surprised if he had a podium finish on a few events over the next 2-3 years. I think he is working on losing 10-15kg and getting his fitness up, so with his experience I wouldn't be surprised if he did well.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 01, 2017, 09:09:15 PM »

That plane certainly separated the men from the boys!!

Shan't discuss the result until everyone has confirmed they've watched it.

Great final though.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 01, 2017, 09:12:28 PM »

Great final though.

Haven't watched it yet.  Darts investments more important currently.  Looking forward to it.  Seen all the heats and looking forward to the final.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 01, 2017, 09:15:48 PM »

So then gents. Training goals for 2017?

Personally haven't really got anything specific other than to keep going and keep getting a little bit stronger.

Didn't manage the 25000 press ups that I started this time last year. That was more a monotony thing than a physical difficulty issue. My body could easily have managed them as could anybody's I'm sure but keeping up the volume for a whole year is not easy.

I think if I had one single goal it would be to see my bench press get to 3 plates or more. I think 120kg for 8 reps has a nice ring to it as well but ultimately it's all about 3 plates for a couple of reps.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 02, 2017, 03:36:59 AM »

For me, some weight loss first 5 weeks of the year before I go on hols then really keen to get back on the weights as done hardly any this year
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 02, 2017, 01:35:43 PM »

Great final though.

Confirmed seen. Annoyingly new the results a while ago but great to see. Really good final though. Loved the events chosen, a really good mix. It is annoying because 1RM events are often won by the same person, but love to see them. Rep events are far more interesting for the competition though, as it is harder to predict.

Not surprised about the result though, there is definitely a gap between the top 4-5 people and the rest, albeit the gap is shortening with the other guys getting more experience.

The big question though, will Mark Felix make another WSM at 51?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1724 on: January 02, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »

Starting (again) Weight -  14st 12lb (Not recording fractions of pounds)

Target Weight - 13st.

Smoke me a low fat kipper.....

Strong thread please for more interaction.

We're all about general fitness and general health in whatever form it takes, to hell with the name of thread.

OK. Here I am.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: