blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535478 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2250 on: July 27, 2017, 02:29:26 PM »

28th June 2017 - Weight 16st 10lb, waist 37.5"

5th July 2017 - Weight 16st 5lb, waist 37.25"

12th July 2017 - Weight 16st 7lb, waist 37.25"

19th July 2017 - Weight 16st 4lb, waist 37.25"

26th July 2017 - Weight 16st 4lb, waist 37"

Couldn't ask for much more from dieting really. Weight seems to be fairly stable and my waist is getting smaller. As I don't want to lose strength I guess this is pretty much ideal, obviously losing fat, potentially gaining muscle at the same time as my training has gone up a notch or two in the last couple of weeks.

Could lead to some quality nutrition arguments with Harvey if I manage to lose a few more pounds and then smash my bench PR. Impossible to gain strength and lose weight...... Yeah right Cheesy

Haha, definitely possible, but very difficult. It also depends on your starting point, the leaner you are the harder and harder it gets. The more fat you have the less it matters as your really unlikely to lose muscle in your losing of weight.

When I think its unreal is when PL stay in like the 73kg category or something and just keep getting stronger and leaner year on year.

The relative, and absolute strongest I have been was at 81/82kg in terms of a DL. Those feats haven't been repeated.

As you say, training is going to be the most important part when it comes to muscle and strength gains, nutrition second. Plus your bench program at the minute is so good, I would say you could gain strength even if you went on a really harsh deficit.

I really like the weight and size I'm at now but wouldn't mind a few minor tweaks. If I can stay around 16st and get to a reasonably slim waist around 36" I'll be really happy and would like to just maintain that sort of level.

I realise that at some point I'll stop progressing unless I get physically bigger but I think that's quite a way off particularly with legs and back. If I can get my bench to the point where I can hit 5 x 5 @ 140kg I don't think I'll be fussed about getting any stronger because the negative will mean getting a bit fatter. That should be attainable just by getting stronger, improving technique and gaining more muscle to replace fat whilst staying at my current weight. It's still a very long term goal probably two years or more so I really don't need to worry there. As long as I see steady progress I'll just keep going.

My DL has so far to go just from newbie gains through long term injury recovery I can't see how I'll get to a stage where I crave more progress. I don't really have any desires to move 200kg+ so that's one of those things that if it happens it happens. I'm just seeing all of the posterior chain work I'm doing at the moment as accessories to bench. They improve overall muscle so they must help me bench more.

I've no idea what might happen with squats. They've caused me so many problems there's a chance I'll quit them altogether at some point due to frustration. At the moment I'm going insanely steady on them to try to build a strong base. I have no numbers targets other than to just do 5 x 5 or so every week at a weight that doesn't cause any form breakdown whatsoever. Just got to keep plugging away at those and see what happens.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: July 27, 2017, 03:01:26 PM »

Honestly don't know if you would get fatter. I am sure there is so much strength to come from genetic potential before weight becomes an issue, it just means it probably gets harder the lighter you get.

There is so much individual variety in there. Plus you can use timings and cycling with carbs etc before you have to worry about absolute weight gain.

Then you have the part as you said, newbie gains elsewhere DL and Squat.

Sleep would probably come into it before nutrition would for you? Or am I imagining that? I have you down as a 5-6 hour sleeper a night?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: July 27, 2017, 03:23:19 PM »

Honestly don't know if you would get fatter. I am sure there is so much strength to come from genetic potential before weight becomes an issue, it just means it probably gets harder the lighter you get.

There is so much individual variety in there. Plus you can use timings and cycling with carbs etc before you have to worry about absolute weight gain.

Sleep would probably come into it before nutrition would for you? Or am I imagining that? I have you down as a 5-6 hour sleeper a night?

My sleep is terrible. I'd say on average I get about 4 hours of what I'd call quality sleep and then a few broken bits here and there making up another 2 or so.

I usually have a nap in the evening about 6pm for half an hour. I get to sleep between 1am and 2am most nights and wake up at 5.30am. I then hit the snooze button for up to an hour then get up about 6.30

When I was training at 6am I'd get up straight away but I was then having an extra hour for my evening snooze.

It's really not good at all. I've tried going to bed earlier but I just lay there awake. I've taken 'over the counter' sleeping tablets which have got me to drift off but then I wake up 4 hours later anyway.

It feels like I only need 4 hours sleep but I obviously need more because of the naps. Would be good to sort it but I need a new routine to get that dealt with. I'd love to go to bed at 10pm and wake up 7.5hrs later feeling refreshed. No idea how to make that happen to be honest.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: July 27, 2017, 03:57:34 PM »

28th June 2017 - Weight 16st 10lb, waist 37.5"

5th July 2017 - Weight 16st 5lb, waist 37.25"

12th July 2017 - Weight 16st 7lb, waist 37.25"

19th July 2017 - Weight 16st 4lb, waist 37.25"

26th July 2017 - Weight 16st 4lb, waist 37"

Couldn't ask for much more from dieting really. Weight seems to be fairly stable and my waist is getting smaller. As I don't want to lose strength I guess this is pretty much ideal, obviously losing fat, potentially gaining muscle at the same time as my training has gone up a notch or two in the last couple of weeks.

Could lead to some quality nutrition arguments with Harvey if I manage to lose a few more pounds and then smash my bench PR. Impossible to gain strength and lose weight...... Yeah right Cheesy

We weigh about the same... I'm just a foot shorter Grin

I've found that I've not gained much on my lifts over the last year, but I'm definitely leaner, and I've dropped a fair bit of timber.

That said, I've not been careful with my diet, and only been strict with protein.

If you are losing weight but moving the same weight you are getting relatively stronger if not absolutely, which is still a win.

I was dead on 100kg when I got home, but have been in post Vegas depression eating phase for 2 weeks.

Will weigh myself Monday, and get cracking again, though Grin

Interesting to see how things are after ~6 weeks off.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: July 27, 2017, 03:58:22 PM »

Dorian Yates podcast from last night.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: July 28, 2017, 08:50:58 PM »

Dorian Yates podcast from last night.

I've never watched a Joe Rogan podcast, but heard he was a bit bro? Dorian seems to have gone full circle with some of the things he does. But always an interesting guy to hear.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: July 28, 2017, 08:55:24 PM »

It was me rest/deload/chill out week this week. So far been in three times, and will hope to make it a fourth tomorrow. But first time I have felt comfortable and felt like a productive session without having a plan. Doing full body last few weeks has really helped with that, just simplifies everything again. The more I learn, the more I want to make it really simple.

Really enjoying training at the minute and trying to master strength curves/moment arms etc. Trying to make the most effective movement with the least chance of injury. Still doing the big three so haven't gone full hippy just yet. But really enjoying using different things, the guy that teaches me this stuff said a great phrase last week 'resistance is resistance'. Sometimes I forget that when I chase strength etc.

Enjoying training at the minute in general, and feel like I have a really good mix of everything. I would like to get some heavier stuff in there, but in no rush and want to make sure I am being as a efficient as I can the next time I work towards it.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: July 28, 2017, 08:58:17 PM »

As a complete contradiction to all that, really looking forward to the 12th and doing some heavier bench work with Matt, any other blondes free and want to come along would love to put some faces to names!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: July 29, 2017, 12:30:18 AM »

I've never watched a Joe Rogan podcast, but heard he was a bit bro? Dorian seems to have gone full circle with some of the things he does. But always an interesting guy to hear.

He's a stoner, but very openminded, and has some really interesting guests.

The Rhonda Patrick ones are very interesting, even though they make my head explode Cheesy

Dorian is a stoner as well, it seems.

I've still not got my car with hand controls yet, but definitely up for some training once I have taken delivery. I'll make a weekend of it, and donate to the DTD £200, too.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: July 29, 2017, 12:50:02 AM »

What a line..... "I didn't want people to look at me and say that's a nice physique, I wanted them to look at me and say What The Fuck is that!!"

Not watched the whole thing but a good few snippets. I knew this anyway but the guy trained about 45 minutes 4 times per week. He didn't train long but he trained hard and everything was to failure. I know it's not 'the way' but training to failure gave me my best results ever, not where strength is concerned but for muscle development it was amazing. If I took some gear I reckon I'd have been an absolute monster.

Love the way he talks about steroids. Talking about various singers, actors, etc..... "There's no fooling me, I know what you're doing".....

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: July 29, 2017, 12:46:12 PM »

My sleep is terrible. I'd say on average I get about 4 hours of what I'd call quality sleep and then a few broken bits here and there making up another 2 or so.

I usually have a nap in the evening about 6pm for half an hour. I get to sleep between 1am and 2am most nights and wake up at 5.30am. I then hit the snooze button for up to an hour then get up about 6.30

When I was training at 6am I'd get up straight away but I was then having an extra hour for my evening snooze.

It's really not good at all. I've tried going to bed earlier but I just lay there awake. I've taken 'over the counter' sleeping tablets which have got me to drift off but then I wake up 4 hours later anyway.

It feels like I only need 4 hours sleep but I obviously need more because of the naps. Would be good to sort it but I need a new routine to get that dealt with. I'd love to go to bed at 10pm and wake up 7.5hrs later feeling refreshed. No idea how to make that happen to be honest.

Completely missed this, I don't think many understand the ups and downs of sleep. Other than the obvious things you can google (placebo maybe). Coffee is most peoples downfall, but some people can have coffee then just fall straight asleep.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: July 29, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »

What a line..... "I didn't want people to look at me and say that's a nice physique, I wanted them to look at me and say What The Fuck is that!!"

Not watched the whole thing but a good few snippets. I knew this anyway but the guy trained about 45 minutes 4 times per week. He didn't train long but he trained hard and everything was to failure. I know it's not 'the way' but training to failure gave me my best results ever, not where strength is concerned but for muscle development it was amazing. If I took some gear I reckon I'd have been an absolute monster.

Love the way he talks about steroids. Talking about various singers, actors, etc..... "There's no fooling me, I know what you're doing".....

I've heard him talk about that before, just trying to be the biggest, freakiest most balanced thing alive.

100% about actors, celebrities etc. but if you're under supervision and somebody who understand you probably have very little long term side effect. I would like to know what Dorian has to do now to maintain his health. I assume at the least he needs HRT for test.   
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: July 29, 2017, 01:48:26 PM »

As long as you're well researched, and know what you're doing, I can't see how juicing can be any worse than going on the piss every week.

I'm one that can sleep on coffee, but I do take a Melatonin before bed most nights.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: July 29, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »

As long as you're well researched, and know what you're doing, I can't see how juicing can be any worse than going on the piss every week.

I'm one that can sleep on coffee, but I do take a Melatonin before bed most nights.

I know what you mean, there are plenty of things you can 'legally' do that are much worse, plenty of stuff you can illegally do. I question taking recreational drugs compared to performance enhancing. I guess we will never know the true ratio to users:death/illness etc.

I am certain over the next 50-100 years they will be used more medically, if the economics stack up. Pharma grade stuff is incredibly $$$.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: July 29, 2017, 03:27:28 PM »

I know what you mean, there are plenty of things you can 'legally' do that are much worse, plenty of stuff you can illegally do. I question taking recreational drugs compared to performance enhancing. I guess we will never know the true ratio to users:death/illness etc.

I am certain over the next 50-100 years they will be used more medically, if the economics stack up. Pharma grade stuff is incredibly $$$.

Yeah, they use them sporadically now, and I know some patients get Anavar if they have muscle problems. Not sure they'll let me have any, though Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: