blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535540 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: August 25, 2017, 08:59:28 AM »

Hmmm think it is time I got back into it.

Firstly congrats to all those on here abso smashing it, been lurking and some seriously impressive results.

Haven't had a property to refurb this year and haven't lifted any weights since at least October last year.
Have just had a tenant move out an needed to sort out the garden ready to go on market. Lifting the lawnmower into the boot was a lot harder than it should have been. Spent a few hours sorting the garden and frankly felt fucked last night.
Only good thing was I slept 6 hours last night. I have a shitty sleep routine due to working nights basically my body is well versed to sleeping in the mornings and being up at night.

Am also going on holiday in 10 weeks time.Currently weigh 14st 11lb gonna look at dropping that to 13st 7lb.

Gonna aim to start the weights very light and use a modified stronglifts routine with some additional accessory work. Fully expecting starting numbers to be very low. No real aim numbers wise starting out, gonna give it a couple of weeks and see what state the body is in before I aim for any goals.

Great news,

Sleep it what messes up so many people when it comes to general well being, but I do feel sorry for people because normally its just life.

Seems a good plan training wise, though!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: August 29, 2017, 10:08:03 PM »

Hmmm think it is time I got back into it.

Firstly congrats to all those on here abso smashing it, been lurking and some seriously impressive results.

Haven't had a property to refurb this year and haven't lifted any weights since at least October last year.
Have just had a tenant move out an needed to sort out the garden ready to go on market. Lifting the lawnmower into the boot was a lot harder than it should have been. Spent a few hours sorting the garden and frankly felt fucked last night.
Only good thing was I slept 6 hours last night. I have a shitty sleep routine due to working nights basically my body is well versed to sleeping in the mornings and being up at night.

Am also going on holiday in 10 weeks time.Currently weigh 14st 11lb gonna look at dropping that to 13st 7lb.

Gonna aim to start the weights very light and use a modified stronglifts routine with some additional accessory work. Fully expecting starting numbers to be very low. No real aim numbers wise starting out, gonna give it a couple of weeks and see what state the body is in before I aim for any goals.

Good to have you back posting and good luck with the weight loss target for your holiday. Do you think it'll be reasonably easy or have you set the bar high? I recall you losing quite a lot in the past on the 'thin' thread.

Same advice that I give everyone regarding the weights and that's to take it slow and leave your ego at home. Pick a weight you could do 10 and just do 6 would be my recommendation until you've rebuilt a bit of a foundation. I never practice what I preach here so I know it's not easy but it'll pay dividends if you can force yourself to take it steady.

Get posting some numbers as soon as possible. It might seem a bit pointless but I've loved looking back through this thread to see my progress so you may get the same benefit a year or two down the line.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: August 29, 2017, 10:30:52 PM »

Decent week in the gym for me getting back to 6 days per week which currently breaks down as:

Monday - Upper back - Couple of pull down variations, BoR, single arm row, face pulls. 

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Chest - Narrow bench, Spoto press, machine converging press, DB press. 

Thursday Shoulders and arms - Two pressing exercises super set with biceps and two pulls super set with triceps.

Friday - Legs - Leg press, squat, RDL, leg curl, calf raise

Saturday - Chest - Heavy bench which takes ages then random accessories

Sunday - Posterior chain - Hyper extension, RDL, BoR, Sumo deadlift, farmers walk

Everything generally in the 6 to 10 rep range trying not to tax myself too much.

Bench is going well with a new routine of 3 x 5 at 105 then 1 x AMRAP. I go up 2.5kg when the AMRAP hits 9 or more, currently at 8 after 2 weeks. It's not a balls out as if your life depended on it AMRAP, I don't use a spotter and I'm sure if I had one I could risk a couple more but I want 9 comfortable reps with a bit left in the tank before moving up.

Did farmers walks for the first time ever on Sunday and I absolutely loved them. Just did 34kg for 4 sets of about 50m or so and they were tough!!

Loving it at the moment and staying injury free. Hoping to keep the injuries at bay by avoiding exercise that set me off. Unfortunately it means no deadlifts although sumo are a good substitute and it also means no pull ups Sad The strength is there for pull ups and I think I could get double figures now but they just hurt and I have to stop. I hate not doing them but I've got to think long term.

Should get the 6 in again this week then I'm off to Spain next Friday. Can't wait Cool

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: August 30, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »

Decent week in the gym for me getting back to 6 days per week which currently breaks down as:

Monday - Upper back - Couple of pull down variations, BoR, single arm row, face pulls. 

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Chest - Narrow bench, Spoto press, machine converging press, DB press. 

Thursday Shoulders and arms - Two pressing exercises super set with biceps and two pulls super set with triceps.

Friday - Legs - Leg press, squat, RDL, leg curl, calf raise

Saturday - Chest - Heavy bench which takes ages then random accessories

Sunday - Posterior chain - Hyper extension, RDL, BoR, Sumo deadlift, farmers walk

Everything generally in the 6 to 10 rep range trying not to tax myself too much.

Bench is going well with a new routine of 3 x 5 at 105 then 1 x AMRAP. I go up 2.5kg when the AMRAP hits 9 or more, currently at 8 after 2 weeks. It's not a balls out as if your life depended on it AMRAP, I don't use a spotter and I'm sure if I had one I could risk a couple more but I want 9 comfortable reps with a bit left in the tank before moving up.

Did farmers walks for the first time ever on Sunday and I absolutely loved them. Just did 34kg for 4 sets of about 50m or so and they were tough!!

Loving it at the moment and staying injury free. Hoping to keep the injuries at bay by avoiding exercise that set me off. Unfortunately it means no deadlifts although sumo are a good substitute and it also means no pull ups Sad The strength is there for pull ups and I think I could get double figures now but they just hurt and I have to stop. I hate not doing them but I've got to think long term.

Should get the 6 in again this week then I'm off to Spain next Friday. Can't wait Cool

Some good consistency there. Well played.

Moving back into our house this week so pretty mental so only managed one so far. If I can get three in by the end of the week will be happy.

How is everyone else doing?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: August 30, 2017, 09:33:56 PM »

Matt still beasting, and surprised you're even going when moving house Harvey!

I'm still hovering around 16st, and no intentions to do anything apart from train at present. Been feeling a niggle in the same tendon I've had previously, so prob not a bad time for my mate to be going for a long weekend in Ibiza.

Waiting to hear back about an appt with the sports physio, and will just do a bit of stretching until my next gym session on the 7th.

Might clean it up for a month from that point, so I feel like I've earned my weekend on the piss in October Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46:07 PM »

I'm still hovering around 16st, and no intentions to do anything apart from train at present. Been feeling a niggle in the same tendon I've had previously, so prob not a bad time for my mate to be going for a long weekend in Ibiza.

Waiting to hear back about an appt with the sports physio, and will just do a bit of stretching until my next gym session on the 7th.

Might clean it up for a month from that point, so I feel like I've earned my weekend on the piss in October Cheesy

I've had a dose of real life, fitting it in around work and sorting stuff out is tougher than I thought. I got to go in today which was a good session actually. Onto front rack lunges at the minute and finding them touuuugh.

Tomorrow is moving the fish tank which is a 4-5 hour job. 650l tank and its awkward as it gets. So unless we go that on the lower end of the timeframe I won't be able too. Friday i will try and get in, then the weekend once and try to unpack the boxes. Been really consistent last few months so don't mind a quiet week at all.

I don't even mind that mindset though, a good month for a weekend out, probably still in a positive position at the end. You would hope
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: August 31, 2017, 12:44:08 AM »

I've had a dose of real life, fitting it in around work and sorting stuff out is tougher than I thought. I got to go in today which was a good session actually. Onto front rack lunges at the minute and finding them touuuugh.

Tomorrow is moving the fish tank which is a 4-5 hour job. 650l tank and its awkward as it gets. So unless we go that on the lower end of the timeframe I won't be able too. Friday i will try and get in, then the weekend once and try to unpack the boxes. Been really consistent last few months so don't mind a quiet week at all.

I don't even mind that mindset though, a good month for a weekend out, probably still in a positive position at the end. You would hope

I bet it does. I was never a fan of lunges, even when my legs worked properly Cheesy

What have you got in there? Sharks? 

I'd have to have a really bad weekend, if it was going to undo a month of reasonably well behaved dieting!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: August 31, 2017, 08:39:28 AM »

I bet it does. I was never a fan of lunges, even when my legs worked properly Cheesy

What have you got in there? Sharks? 

I'd have to have a really bad weekend, if it was going to undo a month of reasonably well behaved dieting!

We did a case study a few months ago, where this women basically did that. She was like 60kg but one weekend a month was putting her in maintenance.

I am loving lunges at the minute, my squats are just too right side dominant, and I can feel it which I assume makes it pretty big because my awareness during a movement isn't great. But liking the single leg work.

They are salt water, but we haven't breached into a shark yet. Huge range though, not entirely sure they are worth all the effort but it is close. It is really relaxing watching the tank for a few minutes.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: August 31, 2017, 11:08:53 AM »

Had a family holiday in Malta and didnt train for 11 days... lost a significant step in fitness, not so much in strength, even though I didnt go over the top eating etc... has been tough going and almost back to the same level... but away to vegas and San Francisco next week.. will def be training whilst away this time.

Just shows it doesnt take long for levels to fall away.. gotta keep at it boys Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: August 31, 2017, 06:03:24 PM »

28th June 2017 - Weight 16st 10lb, waist 37.5"

5th July 2017 - Weight 16st 5lb, waist 37.25"

12th July 2017 - Weight 16st 7lb, waist 37.25"

19th July 2017 - Weight 16st 4lb, waist 37.25"

26th July 2017 - Weight 16st 4lb, waist 37"

2nd August 2017 - Weight 16st 3lb, waist 36.5"

9th August 2017 - Weight 16st 2lb, waist 36.25"

23rd August 2017 - Weight 16st 1lb, waist 36"

31st August 2017 - Weight 15st 12lb, waist 36"

Wasn't expecting to drop another three pounds although there are a few reasons it could've happened. Firstly I'm weighing in on a different day to normal so that could be a factor. Also I've a really tough day at work and not eaten properly. I'm really hungry right now just cooking dinner so I'm running on empty. Realistically I don't think I've lost a thing but it's got to be recorded anyway.

Next week will probably be my last official 'diet' week but I can't see me changing too much as I'm enjoying the trimmer physique and it's not exactly a restrictive diet that's hard to stick to.

See what the official final figure is next week but all in all I can't see me being upset at the results Smiley

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: September 03, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »

Still a step off and overslept ( very unlike me ) for PT on Saturday.. was actually devastated.. haven't had a session with him since 5th August and wont now until the 23rd..

Consoled myself with a PB in squat today 140KG..

warm up at 60KG

2 x 10 100KG

felt comfortable at 120KG for ten so decided to up it.. plus there was a cheeky young lady on a running machine to my direct left facing me.. such an egotistic tool Smiley ... the difference between 120 and 140 was marked.. squeezed 2 out and didn't feel that comfortable.. pretty sure she was impressed enough to consider having my babies  Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: September 03, 2017, 08:01:58 PM »

Still a step off and overslept ( very unlike me ) for PT on Saturday.. was actually devastated.. haven't had a session with him since 5th August and wont now until the 23rd..

warm up at 60KG

2 x 10 100KG

felt comfortable at 120KG for ten so decided to up it.. plus there was a cheeky young lady on a running machine to my direct left facing me.. such an egotistic tool Smiley ... the difference between 120 and 140 was marked.. squeezed 2 out and didn't feel that comfortable.. pretty sure she was impressed enough to consider having my babies  Wink

Impressed that an your insides didn't fall out when you attempted the PB Grin

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: September 04, 2017, 10:10:31 AM »

warm up at 60KG

2 x 10 100KG

Have there been any truer words in this thread?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: September 04, 2017, 03:50:28 PM »

warm up at 60KG

2 x 10 100KG

Have there been any truer words in this thread?

Ha Ha Ha we all been guilty Smiley

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: September 04, 2017, 03:51:31 PM »

warm up at 60KG

2 x 10 100KG

Impressed that an your insides didn't fall out when you attempted the PB Grin

Was quite a shock to how different 120 to 140 felt.. back quite stiff today.. sigh karma got me for showing off Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: