blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530800 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: September 16, 2019, 11:29:58 PM »

Sorry to hear about your grandad, mate.

Congrats on busting out the 50s!

Think my brother will get to those long before I will Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: September 17, 2019, 12:26:54 PM »

Nice work on the 50s Arby, always nice to hit a milestone.

Maybe one day we'll get that session in that we keep banging on about. Could have a 50kg DB rep challenge.....

We'll skip the deadlift challenge though yeah Wink

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: September 17, 2019, 02:35:03 PM »

Have to giive me a few more months.   2 reps at the minute wouldn't take you long to beat.   Next target is 6 reps with 50kgs should be able to do that by xmas i reckon.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: September 17, 2019, 04:07:18 PM »

Have to giive me a few more months.   2 reps at the minute wouldn't take you long to beat.   Next target is 6 reps with 50kgs should be able to do that by xmas i reckon.

My chest is as strong as ever at the moment so yeah I think I'd get there pretty quick.

I can't remember last time I did flat dumbbells but we've recently started doing incline DB as an accessory and I've hit 50s on those. I generally stick to 4 x 10 at 40kg which is plenty difficult enough but I did try the 50s a couple of weeks ago and got 5 out easy enough.

They were a bit wobbly getting in to place but once I got them stable they moved easy enough.

Might throw in a few flat DB presses when I start my new programme and see where I can get to. We have 54s at my place so would be nice to see if I could move up a touch.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: September 17, 2019, 04:34:30 PM »

I remember 2 or 3 years ago when i was training in a gym with 40kg dumbbells as biggest thinking i would never shift them again.   So looking back the improvement has been quite impressive at my age.   Have to look back sometimes to realise how far you have come if you start hitting flat spots.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: October 11, 2019, 06:39:23 PM »

Smashed a huge tricep PB today did a set of 10 overhead dumbbell presses with a 50kg and it was pretty easy.   Never even attempted the 50kg's before on this exercise but the 45kg felt super light today so rolled it out.   EZ bar tricep pressing 22.5kg each side of the 10kg bar as well now for reps.

Deadlifted 190kg for 2 reps this week as well so lining up a return to the big 200 next week for a one rep max.  T bar rowing has increased quite substantially now to 120-130kg range.   Can literally do a set of 12-15 reps with previous 105kg max. 

Doing Stoptober as well and finding it relatively easy tbh compared to what i thought it would be.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: October 15, 2019, 05:15:35 PM »

Smashed a huge tricep PB today did a set of 10 overhead dumbbell presses with a 50kg and it was pretty easy.   Never even attempted the 50kg's before on this exercise but the 45kg felt super light today so rolled it out.   EZ bar tricep pressing 22.5kg each side of the 10kg bar as well now for reps.

Deadlifted 190kg for 2 reps this week as well so lining up a return to the big 200 next week for a one rep max.  T bar rowing has increased quite substantially now to 120-130kg range.   Can literally do a set of 12-15 reps with previous 105kg max. 

Doing Stoptober as well and finding it relatively easy tbh compared to what i thought it would be.

I hate it that I can't do these any more as they hurt my shoulder. Used to smash double figure reps with the 50s and they felt awesome. I daren't even try them now but might have another shot as they're a great exercise.

I've started a new programme that's way too complicated to explain here but I'll give it a go.....

4 blocks of 4 weeks each. You do a light, medium, heavy and testing block but within each block you have a light, medium, heavy and testing day.

Train the 4 main lifts, bench, dead, squat and press with each taking it in turns to be light, medium, heavy and test.....

Got it? Good.

Anyway, solid start on the 'light' 4 week block. I'm hoping to build my squat and deadlift slowly but also want to hit some big number on my good lifts which are the bench and press. Seems weird going so light but I still got 105kg on bench for a set of 8 so reasonably happy at that.

It's going to be a full 16 weeks before I hit any singles which I'm not too sure about but the plan is to just trust the programme and see where it leads.

I can't imagine deadlifting 190kg ever in all honesty but I really should be able to. I did 120kg this week for a set of 4 then dropped back to 95kg for 3 sets of 5. I didn't get any pain so I'll stick to these manageable weights and hopefully build up slowly.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3202 on: October 15, 2019, 07:03:13 PM »

Doggie update Matt please

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: October 16, 2019, 01:54:01 PM »

Seething here. Gone from a low of 23% body fat up to 25%. You can't take your eye of it for a minute.

It's so easy for bad things to creep their way back in. Haribo during Super Sunday, a few more beers, pic n mix at the cinema etc.

Tbf I was out for a few weeks with concussion but I've had a month back, so can't really use that as an excuse.

Got four weeks till the next US trip. Back on it until then, trying to get BF% down to 22.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: October 18, 2019, 12:21:23 AM »

Seething here. Gone from a low of 23% body fat up to 25%. You can't take your eye of it for a minute.

It's so easy for bad things to creep their way back in. Haribo during Super Sunday, a few more beers, pic n mix at the cinema etc.

Tbf I was out for a few weeks with concussion but I've had a month back, so can't really use that as an excuse.

Got four weeks till the next US trip. Back on it until then, trying to get BF% down to 22.

Try not to obsess too much about the numbers, just stick to your regime and trust the process. You'll get there before long.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: October 18, 2019, 12:25:07 AM »

Zeus is incredible mate, an absolute credit to his breed.

We go to the pub on a Friday night and he just lays on the floor happily accepting fusses from random people who walk past. Such a lovely boy, his previous owner clearly raised him well.

Loads of people like to fuss him, I think it's because of the sort of dog he is they expect him to be a bit nasty. Once they see that he's actually just an overgrown teddy bear they're all over him.

How's things with you mate?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: October 18, 2019, 08:46:39 AM »

Try not to obsess too much about the numbers, just stick to your regime and trust the process. You'll get there before long.

Good advice for sure. I don't really. Get weighed once a month to see where it's all at and that works for me. Head right back in it again. Hench city here we come.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3207 on: October 18, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »

Zeus is incredible mate, an absolute credit to his breed.

We go to the pub on a Friday night and he just lays on the floor happily accepting fusses from random people who walk past. Such a lovely boy, his previous owner clearly raised him well.

Loads of people like to fuss him, I think it's because of the sort of dog he is they expect him to be a bit nasty. Once they see that he's actually just an overgrown teddy bear they're all over him.

How's things with you mate?

That's great ,he sounds just like Ron.

All good here mate, i keep promising myself that i will get to Dtd one of these days, will have to have a catch up when i do.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: October 19, 2019, 07:48:15 PM »

I'm really enjoying my new programme although it feels strange lifting so light on bench day.

I got up to 102.5kg today for a set of 10 which was pretty good as I haven't done a 'working' set of ten for as long as I can remember. Haven't been above that weight now for 4 weeks so next week when I have to work up to a 4rm will be interesting. A few weeks back I managed 130kg for a triple so I'd hope for 120kg minimum for 4. Will see how that one goes.

I've been doing the same programme for squats, deadlift and OHP all of which have been fun. I really don't like squats and deadlift so having a set programme to work to has helped with motivation where I'd often just quit. Hopefully I'll make a few reasonable gains over the next 16 weeks. I class myself as a newbie for squat and deadlift so there is lots of potential for improvement.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: October 23, 2019, 01:52:31 PM »

I'm really enjoying my new programme although it feels strange lifting so light on bench day.

I got up to 102.5kg today for a set of 10 which was pretty good as I haven't done a 'working' set of ten for as long as I can remember. Haven't been above that weight now for 4 weeks so next week when I have to work up to a 4rm will be interesting. A few weeks back I managed 130kg for a triple so I'd hope for 120kg minimum for 4. Will see how that one goes.

I've been doing the same programme for squats, deadlift and OHP all of which have been fun. I really don't like squats and deadlift so having a set programme to work to has helped with motivation where I'd often just quit. Hopefully I'll make a few reasonable gains over the next 16 weeks. I class myself as a newbie for squat and deadlift so there is lots of potential for improvement.

I rarely stray above 100kg for 6 as i have no spotter.. dont think its a great bench weight.suppose i could 1 rep 120.. one of the workouts that involves bench is just a 60kg bar but 15-1 reps with situps for time.. so 15 bench reps followed by 15 sit ups then 14 bench ..14 situp and so on down to 1.. think my best is 13.02 so far.

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: