blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:10:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535049 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: March 05, 2020, 06:27:16 PM »

Haribo way overrated imo. German muck. Wouldn't have any of them in the top ten.

Liquorice allsorts are pure sugar but still no.1 imo.

Off all of them for the time being though. Need to get ripped again.

Not sure, but could be the most outrageous thing on this thread, and I take into account Matt adding 20% onto his PBs in a year here too, but don't tell him I said that.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: March 05, 2020, 06:35:05 PM »

I'll see if I can find those bubblegum, but they don't look too appetising.

Tangastics on the way for a Cheltenham medley snack pack

Haribo way overrated imo. German muck. Wouldn't have any of them in the top ten.

BAN

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: March 05, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »

Not sure, but could be the most outrageous thing on this thread, and I take into account Matt adding 20% onto his PBs in a year here too, but don't tell him I said that.

Lol. It's more like 10% to be fair but still pretty crazy Cheesy

Had a go at a PB today for OHP and missed it. Got 80kg pretty easy so thought I'd try 87.5kg for a 2.5kg PB. It was pretty close and tried it twice but couldn't quite lock out. F88k knows where I'm going to find 10kg in the next 10 months as to be honest I felt fantastic but still couldn't squeeze out a teeny tiny 2.5kg

Think I need to start doing some push press to get more weight over head. Might try some pin press as well as I failed in the top half of the press. Might be time to get the bands out again as well....

Basically need to do everything Cheesy

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: March 06, 2020, 10:03:55 AM »

Had a go at a PB today for OHP and missed it. Got 80kg pretty easy so thought I'd try 87.5kg for a 2.5kg PB. It was pretty close and tried it twice but couldn't quite lock out. F88k knows where I'm going to find 10kg in the next 10 months as to be honest I felt fantastic but still couldn't squeeze out a teeny tiny 2.5kg

Think I need to start doing some push press to get more weight over head. Might try some pin press as well as I failed in the top half of the press. Might be time to get the bands out again as well....

Partials etc are gonna be really useful. Using bands to help get through sticking points isn't the worst idea. Speed reps.

I think its important to understand where and why you fail, so top of the movement is often tricep strength, then focussing on there with accessory work. But more often than not whatever is the problem you will be doing something in the program to solve it.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: March 06, 2020, 11:42:56 AM »

In conditioning mode at the moment as strength is good but looking to strip some body fat

PT just sent me this.. pretty sure his trying to kill me !

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: March 06, 2020, 04:32:30 PM »

Partials etc are gonna be really useful. Using bands to help get through sticking points isn't the worst idea. Speed reps.

I think its important to understand where and why you fail, so top of the movement is often tricep strength, then focussing on there with accessory work. But more often than not whatever is the problem you will be doing something in the program to solve it.

Yeah I think it's most likely a triceps issue. I do very little direct triceps work and that is only the light stuff.

Perhaps need to throw in a few heavy narrow grip bench presses and maybe see if I can get back on the dumbbell tricep ohp.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: March 06, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »

Pushed my movements a bit for March. Still in for 3 sessions a week full body, but the first leg/back/push are 5 sets now to try and build a bit more volume. First session today of

5x6 Split squats 24kg DB's
5x6e OAR 38kgs
5x6-8 DB OHP 26kgs.

All of which I thought would be a lot easier than it was. Actually pretty tough and still feel very depleted now.

3x8-10 leg press
3x8-10 LP
3x8-10 Bench

2x15 Cable Flyes.

I do have five set of DL scheduled for some point this week, but reps are 3-5, not sure I will get 5 lots of 5 just read.

You finding DB split squats easier to handle than normal squats? Is it when the bar is higher up that you have your issues?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: March 06, 2020, 07:02:12 PM »

Pushed my movements a bit for March. Still in for 3 sessions a week full body, but the first leg/back/push are 5 sets now to try and build a bit more volume. First session today of

5x6 Split squats 24kg DB's
5x6e OAR 38kgs
5x6-8 DB OHP 26kgs.

All of which I thought would be a lot easier than it was. Actually pretty tough and still feel very depleted now.

3x8-10 leg press
3x8-10 LP
3x8-10 Bench

2x15 Cable Flyes.

I do have five set of DL scheduled for some point this week, but reps are 3-5, not sure I will get 5 lots of 5 just read.

You finding DB split squats easier to handle than normal squats? Is it when the bar is higher up that you have your issues?

Yeah bit weird, I am slowly bringing squats back in, and they are starting to feel a little better but havent been over 80 yet. I assume having the weight below the hip on the lunges really help. Having the weight above the hip in squats seems to really throw me off.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: March 06, 2020, 07:04:59 PM »

DL's today

5x3-5 16- 5/5/4 150 5/3 really annoying last set and I think I just lost concentration and just couldn't find it again
5x8-12 DB Incline 26kg
5x6-8 Chin up 8/6/7/5/5 weird numbers and a bit gutted but DL's definitely took it off me
3x8-10 Smith Squat 60kg
3x8-10 Smith BOR
3x8-10 Flye
2x15 Shoulder raise

DL really tired me out, pretty depleted now, but hopefully next few weeks can adapt to a bit more volume and see where we get to.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: March 08, 2020, 11:48:50 AM »

Felt amazing yesterday and was expecting big things on bench but absolutely flopped.

7 reps was the target and I thought there might be a chance at 125 or even 130 but I ended up failing rep 7 at 120kg.

I'm guessing it's just fatigue after a couple of 1RM attempts at OHP on Thursday that both failed. They were ridiculously tough, max effort, RPE 10 attempts so it's understandable that they took it out of me.

Hopefully after an easier pressing week programmed I'll be back on form at the weekend.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: March 09, 2020, 09:33:28 AM »

Done a conditioning workout yesterday that included wall balls which are a squatting move.. and then thought i would move on to some heavy squats as havent done any for a while.. so went 60KG..100..120..120..140.. was feeling good.. PB is 150 thought i would go for it at 160.. got to the squat position and was stuck there lol  Oooops.. it was the weirdest sensation to be pushing hard and not moving at all ...just frozen into position.. had to let it go in the end PT said PB's in lower increaments lol

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: March 09, 2020, 08:04:47 PM »

Done a conditioning workout yesterday that included wall balls which are a squatting move.. and then thought i would move on to some heavy squats as havent done any for a while.. so went 60KG..100..120..120..140.. was feeling good.. PB is 150 thought i would go for it at 160.. got to the squat position and was stuck there lol  Oooops.. it was the weirdest sensation to be pushing hard and not moving at all ...just frozen into position.. had to let it go in the end PT said PB's in lower increaments lol

Lol. Yeah that's a huge step up from a PR. I tried a 5kg jump on my recent bench 1RM day and even though I felt brilliant there was no way it was going.

Also a 20kg jump when your near the limits of your abilities is huge. You need to get your CNS primed for those sort of lifts and 140kg isn't getting you ready for 160kg at all.

If I was trying a bench PR at 147.5 I'd still be doing a 140 as my last warm up even though that's only 5kg off my current PR. There's a worry that you're going to tire yourself out but you can have a decent break if you need to and even if you miss you've still hit a good solid warm up that you can take away with you.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: March 09, 2020, 08:16:09 PM »

It was squat day for me as well today although not the same sort of numbers as Dean

I'm in my testing block for squats so even though it was a 'medium' day it's still only a 3RM. Got to 100kg which was reasonably tough then did 3 x 6  at 75kg for volume.

I also did 3 walk outs up to 145kg just to feel the bar on my back at that sort of weight. Just stepping out felt really heavy for me but I'm going to keep doing them as heavy as possible to give myself the best possible chance of hitting something decent by the end of the year.

Numbers aren't flying through the roof but I'm staying injury free and there's plenty of time left to hit my targets.

To be honest even though the programme calls for a 3RM I couldn't call it a true max. I reckon I could've pushed to 105, maybe even 110 but I always err on the side of caution to avoid injury. It was still very tough but more of a good form 3RM than an all out one.

I actually enjoy squat day now so hopefully that'll tie in nicely with working up to something half decent.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: March 10, 2020, 09:48:40 AM »

In conditioning mode at the moment as strength is good but looking to strip some body fat

PT just sent me this.. pretty sure his trying to kill me !

Not convinced I could get through a round
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: March 10, 2020, 09:49:26 AM »

Felt amazing yesterday and was expecting big things on bench but absolutely flopped.

7 reps was the target and I thought there might be a chance at 125 or even 130 but I ended up failing rep 7 at 120kg.

I'm guessing it's just fatigue after a couple of 1RM attempts at OHP on Thursday that both failed. They were ridiculously tough, max effort, RPE 10 attempts so it's understandable that they took it out of me.

Hopefully after an easier pressing week programmed I'll be back on form at the weekend.

How many rounds into it are you? Is this the first test cycle or second?
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: