blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533712 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3360 on: March 20, 2020, 10:52:16 AM »

Still going.. gym prob a safe haven as very few in there and usual safe distance etc.. still with PT .. feeling for him as his getting cancellations across the board..

Yeah. Hopefully some good news coming for the self employed from the chancellor today.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: March 20, 2020, 10:59:21 AM »

im actually getting actively criticised for going to the gym??? 

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: March 20, 2020, 11:29:47 AM »

I was concerned about this myself. Whilst we're not at lock down stage though I think it's okay to make sensible informed choices as long as you're careful.

My decision to attend was based largely on the place being pretty much empty and it being easy to keep to myself. I sanitised my hands every time I needed to use my towel or water bottle and just generally stayed on my own.

I'd be a bit more concerned in your situation being with the PT but if he's a few metres away barking at you there isn't a problem. If you're doing partnered activities like throwing medicine balls that would be different but if you're separate it's fine in my opinion.

If I still did it I would currently be avoiding ju jitsu and kick boxing. They're entirely different as you're in close contact. People playing football need their heads looking at.... Golf on the other hand is fine if everyone keep apart and is sensible. Every activity is different and should be judged on its merits.

A blanket 'don't do it' without sensibly assessing the risk is ridiculous and according to guidelines unnecessary at present.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: March 20, 2020, 11:35:34 AM »

Exercise in Isolation:
We have now made our #exercise & #nutrition platform free to everyone. Hundred’s of PT led HIIT sessions at home (no equipment required)
Go to: http://betterwithbean.com Enter your email & you’ll receive a code for free access (check inbox or junk) @_ukactive

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: March 20, 2020, 11:42:58 AM »

Exercise in Isolation:
We have now made our #exercise & #nutrition platform free to everyone. Hundred’s of PT led HIIT sessions at home (no equipment required)
Go to: http://betterwithbean.com Enter your email & you’ll receive a code for free access (check inbox or junk) @_ukactive

already ordered the matting for the garage

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: March 20, 2020, 11:44:57 AM »

I was concerned about this myself. Whilst we're not at lock down stage though I think it's okay to make sensible informed choices as long as you're careful.

My decision to attend was based largely on the place being pretty much empty and it being easy to keep to myself. I sanitised my hands every time I needed to use my towel or water bottle and just generally stayed on my own.

I'd be a bit more concerned in your situation being with the PT but if he's a few metres away barking at you there isn't a problem. If you're doing partnered activities like throwing medicine balls that would be different but if you're separate it's fine in my opinion.

If I still did it I would currently be avoiding ju jitsu and kick boxing. They're entirely different as you're in close contact. People playing football need their heads looking at.... Golf on the other hand is fine if everyone keep apart and is sensible. Every activity is different and should be judged on its merits.

A blanket 'don't do it' without sensibly assessing the risk is ridiculous and according to guidelines unnecessary at present.

I think this kind of thinking needs to be applied across the board.. take a breath ..think about it..make sensible informed choices..protect and stay away from the vulnerable etc.. just dont get caught up in the hysteria.. anyone would think this things airborne with a 60 % mortality rate

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: March 20, 2020, 01:24:22 PM »

I find this really interesting, I have kept going, but been splattered with critics here and there. I agree that it's empty, so I guess in theory there is less chance, but then it only ever takes one. My main argument is mental health. I will be a broken soldier if I can't do it for weeks and weeks, and knowing it might be closed at some point I want to get the most out of it.

Home workouts are also some of the most useless things imaginable for people that go to the gym. Amazing if you have just started, but there's only so far your bodyweight and bands can get you in a small space. If there was absolutely no other alternative I would have to do it I guess, but I would get so bored so quickly I would be surprised if I lasted a week of it.

I have heard a few people talk about immunity/health. Obviously we are working better if we are training and eating as normal in terms of our own physical health, but I guess we are still part of the problem in terms of spreading it. But until the pubs etc close, think its a bit weird for gym goers to get too much heat. There is obviously a line, I am not sure where it is. But if we all have to it indoors for 12 weeks, surely the damage mentally and physically is significant?

Really not sure the right answer.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: March 20, 2020, 03:33:14 PM »

Home workouts fine is you're a cardio roffler like me.

Got a cheap exercise bike and a rower off Amazon and they've both been used plenty already.

Hour a day for the time being. Good for keeping some sort of routine and obv for keeping the weight off. And that's not easy after ordering a skip full of Bertie Bassett's finest.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: March 20, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »

Yeah, inconsiderate mug Grin

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: March 20, 2020, 04:12:55 PM »

My dad has a decent set of weights that he used for years and stopped using recently so I'll look at them if needs be. He has a bench and rack but I believe it's a makeshift one so might not be suitable but I'll see.

I reckon I could get a decent full body workout with 100kg at my disposal and I'm pretty sure there's a bit more than that.

Bench, OHP, BoR, DL and squats all very easy if I have access to a rack. Accessories obviously no problem with a set of dumbbells.

Can easily view it as a deload period and just maintain for a few weeks with an hour 3 or 4 times per week.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: March 20, 2020, 05:21:22 PM »

gyms along with nearly everything else ordered to shut..

thats that then

last one turn the light out

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: March 20, 2020, 05:38:41 PM »

Sensible decision imo.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: March 20, 2020, 05:43:38 PM »

Sensible decision imo.

Agreed. Take the decision away and it becomes much simpler

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: March 20, 2020, 05:50:50 PM »

Not going to be for that long, but at least stops the ones that aren't savvy like everyone ITT from putting others at risk.

Wouldn't surprise me if half the twats in the UK don't even know how to wash their hands, and we all know there are plenty of filthy scrotes in every gym.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: March 20, 2020, 08:50:00 PM »

Fucking annoying this is selfishly as i haven't been stronger for 20 years and we will be right back to the old days in 3 months time having to start all over again!   Never loved the gym more than i do now for 20 years either.   Think i will miss the saunas more than the training though.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: