blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:27:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530838 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2015, 11:01:00 AM »

Matt how did legs go?

Went out for beer and curry on Wednesday night so I had to give them a miss.

Would've trained this morning instead but I had physio yesterday so thought a rest would be wise.

I might have a go over the weekend but not certain yet. Will let you know......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2015, 11:04:14 AM »

Matt how did legs go?

Would've trained this morning instead but I had physio yesterday so thought a rest would be wise.

Curry power though?

I train terribly post alcohol, no idea how people can even walk through the door.

Physio? Do you have it regular in terms of prehab? Or are you still rehabbing?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2015, 11:11:16 AM »

Matt how did legs go?

Curry power though?

I train terribly post alcohol, no idea how people can even walk through the door.

Physio? Do you have it regular in terms of prehab? Or are you still rehabbing?

I think I'm now 95 - 99% recovered so physio along with quite a comprehensive stretching routine is purely prehab.

I've got a long flight coming up so not sure how I'm going to deal with that. The last long flight I had is what set me back another few months so I'm going to keep up the stretching and massage so that hopefully I'm still fully fit when I get home.

I'm certainly taking it easy this and next week to make sure I don't ping anything and have to sit for 12 hours with a sore lower back. That wouldn't be pleasant at all.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 06, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/listening-to-eminem-can-improve-athletic-performance-by-10-a6714991.html

i find certain rap ( eminem included ) music best to work out to...

currently 'Beast ' from the Southpaw movie soundtrack sees me through a power & strength circuit

Sounds interesting. What are you up to at the moment?

my workout? or music? Smiley

Both! Smiley
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 06, 2015, 01:48:04 PM »

Matt how did legs go?

Classic leg day
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2015, 08:35:26 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/listening-to-eminem-can-improve-athletic-performance-by-10-a6714991.html

currently 'Beast ' from the Southpaw movie soundtrack sees me through a power & strength circuit

Both! Smiley

Music.. 2 or 3 of the southpaw OST as mentioned...quite a few eminem... roy jones junior is another..DMX is another fave... lol have a little angry stuff..couple slipknot and linking park that seem to bring out some extra

Workout wise ..tbh ..i havent read that much what you guys are doing ..i may be training different as im losing weight..stripping down and cutting up as im pretty big ( in a muscular sense ) already..as well as i had put on a lot of timber Smiley...so big weight is out for me.. ive lost about 2 stone so far and have a PT which has made a world of difference as was doing the same old routines for years... ..doing a lot of multi setting with power and strength circuits core work etc..plus a lot of interval cardio.. had a slight tear in my left calf muscle about 4 weeks ago which makes running out of the question.. re aggravated it a touch the other day as well as i tested it on a couple runs .. is a pain as I was doing a lot of uphill interval sprints..which were abs hell but soooo good for what im trying to achieve..

So an example of a power/strength circuit... clean and press 40kg bar X 12.. 26 kg dumbell bent over kneeling row 10x each side..40kg bar lunges x12.... 12 x squats with 2 x 16kg kettle bells ...stepups holding 2 x 12kg kettles 10 each leg...12 x dumbell press with 2x 26kg... these are all continuous one after another and although the weight isnt big it is brutal... this is repeated 4 times..

i squat 100kg fairly comfortably for full sets and bench 100kg fairly comfortably.. i don't really try for max weight so not sure of what i could actually do.... leg pressed 275kg the other day which i did feel..PT thinks 300kg no probs ..not even sure thats a lot but it seemed visually a lot.. i should squat and leg press well as got very powerful thighs Smiley

So I started weighing 16'10..now 14'8 looking for between 13'2 and 13'6.. PT reckons heavier than 13'6 would be fine as it should be muscle rather than bodyfat... and bodyshape should be what im looking for..but we will see

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2015, 10:41:59 PM »

That is sick sick stuff mate, sounds like you work out horrendously hard. Would love to hear how you progress if you fancy posting in the thread from time to time.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2015, 10:50:14 PM »

Both! Smiley

Music.. 2 or 3 of the southpaw OST as mentioned...quite a few eminem... roy jones junior is another..DMX is another fave... lol have a little angry stuff..couple slipknot and linking park that seem to bring out some extra

Workout wise ..tbh ..i havent read that much what you guys are doing ..i may be training different as im losing weight..stripping down and cutting up as im pretty big ( in a muscular sense ) already..as well as i had put on a lot of timber Smiley...so big weight is out for me.. ive lost about 2 stone so far and have a PT which has made a world of difference as was doing the same old routines for years... ..doing a lot of multi setting with power and strength circuits core work etc..plus a lot of interval cardio.. had a slight tear in my left calf muscle about 4 weeks ago which makes running out of the question.. re aggravated it a touch the other day as well as i tested it on a couple runs .. is a pain as I was doing a lot of uphill interval sprints..which were abs hell but soooo good for what im trying to achieve..

So an example of a power/strength circuit... clean and press 40kg bar X 12.. 26 kg dumbell bent over kneeling row 10x each side..40kg bar lunges x12.... 12 x squats with 2 x 16kg kettle bells ...stepups holding 2 x 12kg kettles 10 each leg...12 x dumbell press with 2x 26kg... these are all continuous one after another and although the weight isnt big it is brutal... this is repeated 4 times..

i squat 100kg fairly comfortably for full sets and bench 100kg fairly comfortably.. i don't really try for max weight so not sure of what i could actually do.... leg pressed 275kg the other day which i did feel..PT thinks 300kg no probs ..not even sure thats a lot but it seemed visually a lot.. i should squat and leg press well as got very powerful thighs Smiley

So I started weighing 16'10..now 14'8 looking for between 13'2 and 13'6.. PT reckons heavier than 13'6 would be fine as it should be muscle rather than bodyfat... and bodyshape should be what im looking for..but we will see

Love to get the angry music out when I'm training circuits and HIIT stuff. Slipknot is confirmed on my angry playlist. When I'm shooting for 1 rep max stuff tho I tend to veer towards classical and chillout. No idea why, but it seems to help me focus my energy better. Meh.

Love that circuit btw. You're still talking huge numbers for sure. 300kg leg press is massive assuming we're talking the same 10-12 reps. Total volume of 3.5 metric tonnes per set, right? Not to be sniffed at, especially at your bodyweight.

Would be very interesting to see before and after photos of a 17st muscular dude dropping 3.5 stone. I imagine you're going to look crazy shredded.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2015, 11:44:25 PM »

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2015, 02:27:05 AM »

It should be noted too that Sicilian is almost 50.

Incredible work for someone that age.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2015, 10:14:27 AM »

Read through some posts, looks like a good community on here for weights sessions and I think I need some support as well as giving it out.

I've just started doing sessions at the gym, and unfortunately suffered a suspected ACL knee injury playing football which takes me off of leg weights for now and probably a while. Also any sort of weights over my head while standing is currently a no no.

However, I'm still doing 3 hour gym sessions every other day not long after I get up in the morning. I get through about 10 bananas before and during and that seems to give me the energy I need. I'm looking to do pure cardio on the off days but I feel like my knee needs alternate rest days presently.

Report on me. Was 22st 6lbs in late 2013 at 6'4, now I generally alternate between 16st-15st. I'm probably ok muscularly but want to get more powerful and shred a last bit of podge that still remains on me. Never have been shredded before and would like that, but not completely necessary.

I'm doing 4x6 generally with the last rep difficult to do as I heard that helps with size, as I want to get slightly bigger.

So my routine, which admittidely is not well researched but I think is an OK foundation to start is:

Cross trainer - 20 mins - start slow for warm up and then do 1 min on 1 min recover sprints (currently the only cardio machine my knee allows me to do)

Full body dynamic stretch out - sometimes static 30 secs stretches if feeling rigid.

(the order of these next exercises change randomly, also the weight sizes may be slightly wrong going from memory but will note them down today)

Kneeling one arm row - 25kg 4x6
Lateral raise - 8kg 4x6
One arm upright row - 25kg 4x6
Front raise - 8kg 4x6
Abs crunch machine - 2 from max (will note eventually) 4x12
Lying on bench bent arm pullover - 20kg 4x6
Chest fly machine - level 9 of 25 I think 4x6
Palms in shoulder press - 20kg 4x6
Dumbell side bend - 30kg 4x6
Biceps curl - 10kg 4x6
Hammer curl - 15kg 4x6
Triceps kick back - 8kg 4x6
Lat pull down machine - level 8 of 25 4x6
Not sure the name of this one, it's like a double handed bicep curl meeting in the middle and works the chest and shoulders - 30kg 4x6
Seated pull back machine (?) - level 8 of 25 I think 4x6

I do 25 mins on the cross trainer again

Full body 30 secs stretch out to finish

Also has to be said I take a decent amount of time between sets and get the dynamic stretching going randomly all the time.

Time seems to fly by when I am in there and even though it's early stages I am really enjoying myself.

I'm pissed off too that I can't do legs as I was near maxing everything 4x6 on the machines and would always recover with one days rest well.

My lower back is a problem area I'm afraid to touch directly as it seems to seize up quickly and I hope that the other exercises I do work it by proxy to an OK standard because if I go at it directly I have to normally sit out for a week before I'm good again.

Could be dangerous not working the lower back so I might start extremely low just to slowly get things moving today. I think it might have something to do with the excessive sitting I do during the day.

I'm hopeful if I consistently do something like this every two days I should see results eventually. I will be increasing when it gets easier everywhere. Also if I feel stiff somewhere I will avoid the area or go less hard at it. But normally after a stretch out I'm fine everywhere. I might find that it's working too hard and that I won't be able to keep it up. I won't go crazy, if it is going to cause injury I will pull back

Apologies for the length of that and the not being precise.

Btw I find I take to weight lifting alright, but by no means know entirely what I am doing at all. And my only consistent weight lifting experience was 8 years ago at 18, but that was only some bedroom dumbbell action. The only bit of action I was getting in there.

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2015, 10:53:21 AM »

Report on me. Was 22st 6lbs in late 2013 at 6'4, now I generally alternate between 16st-15st.

First off, this is a huge huge huge accomplishment. I don't know how easy or difficult you found the whole process, but you've basically lost 1lb per week for 2 years straight and that shows an insane amount of dedication and commitment. Not sure if you were being intentionally modest about this, but seriously well done.

Reading through your post, you've said you want to get more powerful, you want to put on size, and you wouldn't mind losing some more bodyfat. I won't lie to you, it's going to be tough to do all three at the same time, but certainly not impossible. I was just talking to Harvey (iRaise) this morning about the routine I was doing over summer and I basically accomplished all three. My routine structure looked a little something like this.

[strength movement] 5x3
[strength movement] 4x5
[compound movement] 3x10
[compound movement] 3x10
[accessory movement] 8x8
[accessory movement] 3x15
[abs/calves circuit] 10 mins
[cardio] 10 mins

I trained 6 times a week, and did back/chest/legs/shoulders/arms/legs although my second leg session wouldn't follow this structure it would just be whatever I could get done with whatever I had left in the tank. My calories started at maintenance and I added 75kcals per week, so by week 8 I was eating at a 600kcal excess (although obviously I got bigger and leaner throughout the program so that number wouldn't actually be 600, closer to 450 or something), plus I would spent my rest day basically eating everything I could see haha

Bit of a tangent, but hopefully that gives you an idea of the amount of work I needed to put in as a 6'1" dude weighing in at 15.7st. Also feel free to copy that structure if you ever feel unhappy with your current routine, which is really what Icame here to talk about.

What you're doing seems like an insane amount of volume. The absoliute upper limit of workout sets I would put in someone's routine is between 30-35. I would consider the routine I posted above to be high volume. At a rough count, your routine is asking for no fewer than 60 (SIXTY) working sets. When I took a glance at first I thought that's probably 2 sessions' worth of work there, and it pretty much is exactly. If you split it right down the middle you get 2 workouts with 30 working sets each, which is big but doable seeing as there is some isolation and abdominal stuff in there. Consider taking all the "pulling" movements (ie stuff that uses your back and biceps) and putting that into one workout, and do the same with all your "pushing" movements. Then you can throw the abs work in on both days if you really want.

btw, does that meet-in-the-middle bicep curl for chest and shoulders look like this?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2015, 01:02:01 PM »

Matt how did legs go?

Has Wednesday night curry replaced Thursday night curry or was this a temporary departure from the routine ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »

Matt how did legs go?

Has Wednesday night curry replaced Thursday night curry or was this a temporary departure from the routine ?

Just a bonfire night induced glitch.

Normal service resumed next week.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 07, 2015, 04:58:58 PM »

It should be noted too that Sicilian is almost 50.

Incredible work for someone that age.

Lol tosser...For clarification I'm 47 in January

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: